Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    I might want to see the Chargers KC game on 9/11 it may still be good weather then! SuperCharger, you game?
    My Chefs fan nephew and I are in. Road Trip!
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Your the Hoarse!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

I might want to see the Chargers KC game on 9/11 it may still be good weather then! SuperCharger, you game?
        I'm all for it! This might be the first game I attend in KC where I won't be either frozen, or wet, or both at the same time!

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

The schedule is also very 'symmetrical'. Repeating pattern of Away-Home-Away-Home. Even the one break in that (strict) pattern it's Away-Away-Home-Home.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            I'm all for it! This might be the first game I attend in KC where I won't be either frozen, or wet, or both at the same time!
            Alright! We should have some fun! Maybe I'll have my cousin ship me out some Carnia Asada from El Nopolito in Encinitas!
            Room for more! Anyone else want in on this shin dig!?
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Mike McCoy says fast start crucial for Chargers
              10:31 AM ET
              Eric D. Williams
              ESPN Staff Writer
              Email
              print
              comment
              Good morning.

Steve Hartman and Judson Richards of Xtra 1360 Fox Sports Radio interviewed San Diego Chargers head coach Mike McCoy in this audio link.

McCoy discussed Thursday’s release of the NFL regular-season schedule. The Chargers play five of the team’s first eight games on the road, including three games away from home against AFC West foes.

San Diego finished winless against the AFC West last season. And with a possible vote on a new stadium looming in November, McCoy understands the importance of his team winning some games early.

"You’ve got to make the most of every game you have," McCoy said. "It’s critical to get off to a good start. You look at our schedule, and four of our first eight games are against division opponents. So it’s a great opportunity to get out and do what we’ve got to do to get this thing going again here."

My take: San Diego’s first eight games include two games against the defending Super Bowl champion Broncos in a 17-day span. Finishing 4-4 over the first eight games would be an accomplishment.

ESPN’s Ben Fawkes reports that according to Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook the Chargers are 7.5-point underdogs in the team’s season opener on the road against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 11.

My take: That’s sounds about right, although it’s April and things could certainly change after the draft and if injuries occur during training camp.

Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune has the Chargers finishing 10-6 in 2016 while fighting to gain approval for a new stadium in downtown San Diego by a November vote.

My take: I believe the Chargers have a good chance for a positive vote at the ballot box, but 10 wins is a little optimistic for me with the way the roster is currently constructed.

Nathan Jahnke of Pro Football Focus highlights a Week 12 matchup between San Diego cornerback Jason Verrett and Houston receiver DeAndre Hopkins among his best one-on-one matchups to watch every week next season.

My take: I’m interested to see how San Diego’s offensive line matches up with Kansas City’s defensive front in the season opener.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

The Chargers will probably go 0-6 against the West again this year. MAYBE squeeze out one win (sorry, it won't be against the Raiders. ). Acee has the Chargers at 10-6??!! LOL! They aren't going to have a good start, good middle, or good finish. If the team isn't thinking long(er) term...well...I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  The Chargers will probably go 0-6 against the West again this year. MAYBE squeeze out one win (sorry, it won't be against the Raiders. ). Acee has the Chargers at 10-6??!! LOL! They aren't going to have a good start, good middle, or good finish. If the team isn't thinking long(er) term...well...I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
                  Den60 thinks yer a downer
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Den60 thinks yer a downer
                    I am just hoping - against hope - that the team FINALLY wakes up and realizes that little tweaks aren't going to cut it. There needs to be a long-range PLAN. But every year I hold out hope and every year it's the same, old story. So I'm not going to set myself up for that kind of (silly) disappointment anymore. I now EXPECT the Chargers to do the wrong thing and/or make bad decisions.

Give me a reason to believe otherwise.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

1 and 5 because they will win game one vs the Chiefs who will be short a big pass rusher in Justin Houston for the start of the season will lose cause Stinky, Mr Hoarse and family and SuperCharger are going to bring the mojo!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Give me a reason to believe otherwise.
                        It's April 15th, and we haven't had a season-ending injury yet?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Alright! We should have some fun! Maybe I'll have my cousin ship me out some Carnia Asada from El Nopolito in Encinitas!
                          Room for more! Anyone else want in on this shin dig!?
                          If you got a spare room I could reappropriate my hotel fund to our group alcohol fund.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X