Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

OT: SoFi Food

So I am just looking for a good game to go to this year. I just started thinking I have never heard anyone talk about the food at Sofi.

Anyone here ever been to SoFi and what's your feedback?
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I am thinking about taking the fam to a game there as well. What sections are good to sit at there?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

For what they're going to charge you in there for food, you're better off going to Philippe for a French Dip before the game.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

The food sucks, and this coming from a guy who is not a foodie, and thus pretty easy to please. Don't know how in the heck anyone could screw up chicken fingers but they manage to do that at SoFi.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
          The food sucks, and this coming from a guy who is not a foodie, and thus pretty easy to please. Don't know how in the heck anyone could screw up chicken fingers but they manage to do that at SoFi.
          That's sad. Why don't they do something like the Padres or Aztecs... bring in some local vendors...?

Petco Park is proud to boast one of the best dining experiences in all of Major League Baseball. Drawing on a variety of local favorites, whether that be individual dishes or whole restaurants, the ballpark serves up a true taste of San Diego.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

the food was okay in the sections i have sat in (324 and 221). depending on the section you sit in, they have separate food vendors for your section. that means you can get some food at halftime and be back in your seats before the 3rd quarter starts.

when i went to the chargers at 49ers game last year in santa clara, i spent the complete halftime and half the 3rd quarter in line for food.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I always try to expect nothing more than hunger reduction any time I buy stadium food. I have not had “good” stadium food once in my life, though I have not been to that many stadiums. I tend to keep it simple.

a bad hot dog
              some salt-water boiled peanuts
              maybe an ice cream on stick thing
              lots of beer

Tailgating offered the perfect solution of great food just before entry. I haven’t been to Sofi yet, gonna get to a game this year i hope. Is there tailgating there? I heard loud grumbling about Snapdragon by the old time Aztec boosters, not sure if its as bad as they said though?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                Agree the food sucks unless you’re in the 100 level. They have some really good food down there. Problem is if your seats are on a different level you can’t get down there.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  I always try to expect nothing more than hunger reduction any time I buy stadium food. I have not had “good” stadium food once in my life, though I have not been to that many stadiums. I tend to keep it simple.

a bad hot dog
                  some salt-water boiled peanuts
                  maybe an ice cream on stick thing
                  lots of beer

Tailgating offered the perfect solution of great food just before entry. I haven’t been to Sofi yet, gonna get to a game this year i hope. Is there tailgating there? I heard loud grumbling about Snapdragon by the old time Aztec boosters, not sure if its as bad as they said though?
                  Grumbling about the food...? Or the tailgating...?
                  The food is awesome! Have you ever had a Hodad's burger...?
                  It's probably the tailgating. There is very limited parking @Snapdragon.
                  Most of the property is future science labs, dorm rooms, retail space, or river park space.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I heard that tailgating is limited and expensive @So-fi

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      I heard that tailgating is limited and expensive @So-fi
                      There are designated lots for tailgating. The parking is more expensive in those lots but not by a huge amount

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

There are designated lots for tailgating. The parking is more expensive in those lots but not by a huge amount
                        About $260...? If I'm reading the So-Fi parking map correctly...? Pink parking zone...?
                        Looks like it is a fairly small amount of tailgating space.

Comment

Working...
                        X