Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    hey, it sure worked good for Ricky Williams.
    Have you seen that 30 for 30 documentary on Ricky? He's my favorite non-Charger ever. And those 30 for 30s are badass. Well, except for the Marion Jones one.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
      Have you seen that 30 for 30 documentary on Ricky? He's my favorite non-Charger ever. And those 30 for 30s are badass. Well, except for the Marion Jones one.
      I have not but the episodes I have caught have all been excellent. I've always liked Ricky too. Misunderstood, peaceful guy, just didn't fit the typical NFL player mode. Still a great player and was the best RB in football for awhile.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        I have not but the episodes I have caught have all been excellent. I've always liked Ricky too. Misunderstood, peaceful guy, just didn't fit the typical NFL player mode. Still a great player and was the best RB in football for awhile.
        If you watch the documentary, you'll find he's even less understandable. Dude seems like he has voices in his head when he's not on weed. I have no idea how he was so successful in the NFL.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I have read about his severe social anxiety disorder. Seems to me the weed was the correct medicine for him. He was successful in the NFL because he was a great, talented player and the weed got him through it.

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
            Wow.

I harm my body by eating too much junk food and being overweight or obese depending on my weight that day.

But weed is good.

Not a gateway drug. I'm a pot head, not a junky. Lots of pain killers have led to a heroin epidemic in some cities in recent years. Weed has never caused such a problem.

Long-term brain damage? I think I'm less dumb than I was before I started smoking weed. However, maybe that's because my brain has been damaged so much that I don't know what stupid is or can't remember how smart I used to be. If you want better proof that weed doesn't cause brain damage, check out pictures of Shakespeare and Einstein. If those dudes didn't smoke weed, I don't know what was up with the hair. Einstein looked like he blew all his comb money on weed, and Shakespeare looked a lot like a pimp.

Extremely addictive? Really? I manage to make it through work every day with no urge to smoke the herb. The butt smokers run out the door to get their hit as soon as break comes. One problem with weed is, if used every day, it stops being very potent. So I generally only smoke a couple times a week and sometimes give it up for months at a time. How many tobacco smokers and alkies do you know who can use their drug just a couple times a week and then stop?

Alcohol leads to all kinds of problems. There is a reason everybody knows an alkie we all wish would go to AA, and I don't know a single person who needs to go to Pot Heads Anonymous meetings.

Tobacco is so addictive. I've seen people who smoke with pneumonia. If I had pneumonia, smoking weed wouldn't even be a thought. I don't even smoke when I have a cold.

Alcohol and tobacco have killed a lot of people. Weed? I don't know. Maybe somebody died from eating too many Twinkies?

There is no long-term solution to anything. Weed gets a lot of people through a lot of days with minimal side effects. It is certainly better than any pharmaceutical pain killer.

Now, I'll get off this topic.

Go San Diego Chargers. Smoke the draft.
            I agree with you.

My attentions are not to hijack this thread.

I also agree with you that medicinal marijuana can be an alternative to pain killers in the long term. They are both considered controlled substances.

Nor am I trying to dissuade you for using marijuana.

Just wanted to highlight some areas of concern from long term pot use.

Yes, some people can smoke pit and suffer very little from it.

Just be mindful that the THC levels in today's pot is much much more concentrated than 30 years ago.

And yes, eating like shit, smoking cigs and drinking gin and juice will ultimately kill you.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Is it just me, or does it seem like this years top tier draft class have a high ceiling of either reward or risk.

I would hate to be the one that had the final call on who to draft.

Telesco sure seemed bummed that he couldn't find trade partners.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                Is it just me, or does it seem like this years top tier draft class have a high ceiling of either reward or risk.

I would hate to be the one that had the final call on who to draft.

Telesco sure seemed bummed that he couldn't find trade partners.
                I'd say high risk and moderate reward. I'm not seeing any bonafied superstars in this draft. Just three guys who happen to be rated better than the rest. Hope we can trade down.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  I'd say high risk and moderate reward. I'm not seeing any bonafied superstars in this draft. Just three guys who happen to be rated better than the rest. Hope we can trade down.
                  Same here. There is bound to be a star in this draft, but being one of the top ten is definitely not a guarantee. I would say there are three guys that have higher ceilings... Tunsil, Ramsey and Jack, than Bosa or Buckner, but none break themselves out as a true best of the class.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
                    #Stanford QB Kevin Hogan had pre-draft visits with #Browns, #Chargers & #Ravens, while #Eagles, #Bucs, #Titans & #Raiders visited at school

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Thank you for coming to this interview, Mr. Hogan.
                      First question - who are your heroes?
                      Second question - can you score us some Hulkamaniac vitamins?

Comment

Working...
                      X