• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
    Bill Polian; "it's not about Bosa or about the Chargers, it's about the agents...it's always about the agents"
    I think he's onto something there.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
      Spanos hired the proven loser coach who choked 14-2 away, and he hired the GM who thought Marlon McCree would be a worthwhile addition to the team. It all starts at the top.
      Did you think for even one second before you posted this?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Spanos through his philosophical ways lays the groundwork and culture to provide a loser, half-assed, unprepared mentality and the results back this up. We're talking about a franchise to nominally make the playoffs in a 35 year era and historically has been consistent in GM-Head Coach feuds and 10-year gulfs between playoffs. Can he break the 10-year gulf right now? I guess you could count 2013 if you wanted but that was an anomaly and I look at the last real playoff era ending in 2009. So we technically have 3 more seasons before another playoff era.
        Som truth here, particularly as it relates to coach-GM feuds. They have shown a failure to lead quite often. They've shown a soft-ish side which doesn't exactly dovetail with championships. But then I also see Jerry Jones catch a lot of flak around here and he's an activist, win-at-all costs, money-thrower-arounder known for taking care of his players and looking the other way for off-field shit (Hardy). And yet, how many playoff appearances do his teams have in the last decade? By my count, 4 an sporting a 2-5 records in those seasons.

By my count, wasn't our last playoff appearance in 2013? Aren't we at least .500 in the McCoy era? Wasn't the 'gulf' between playoff years at that point, 3? Isn't it currently ...2?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
          Nah, it's only a handful of prolific posters.
          Fixed

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Oh i see. So you guys are saying we're not doing enough? lol Should we be deleting threads? Banning people? Censoring anything negative?

I think this Bosa issue has had an impact on on fans using social media. Twitter is worse. Facebook is bad. Its just a shitty situation and people are emotional.

Some more than others. But its not easy moderating emotion.

Ill try to do more to make this a better forum.
            I think you're missing the point. It's got nothing to do with the management of the site. It's just like Yuba when he was still here. Just strongly defending his (often....well, I'll leave it to others to describe the quality) positions over and over and getting bitter when he wasn't able to persuade everyone. At the end of the day, I don't mind that QSmokey or others think the ownership sucks. I wish they'd sell, too. But they aren't going to persuade me that they can't assemble good teams because I have seen otherwise. They're not totally incompetent. Say your piece about them, but have some perspective and don't drive it into the ground.

I didn't mind MassGeneral beating up on the Chargers when they screwed up. I minded him being absent after wins and then showing up to spew bile on Monday mornings after losses.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              Som truth here, particularly as it relates to coach-GM feuds. They have shown a failure to lead quite often. They've shown a soft-ish side which doesn't exactly dovetail with championships. But then I also see Jerry Jones catch a lot of flak around here and he's an activist, win-at-all costs, money-thrower-arounder known for taking care of his players and looking the other way for off-field shit (Hardy). And yet, how many playoff appearances do his teams have in the last decade? By my count, 4 an sporting a 2-5 records in those seasons.

By my count, wasn't our last playoff appearance in 2013? Aren't we at least .500 in the McCoy era? Wasn't the 'gulf' between playoff years at that point, 3? Isn't it currently ...2?
              I did say you could count 2013 if you want. But remember they were a Ryan Succop choke job away from missing those playoffs, and that was against a Chiefs team starting their backup QB. Yeah they made it and even won in Cincy, but it's been back to the doldrums since then.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I do believe Bosa will be signing a deal with the Chargers very soon. Obviously it's not ideal timing (that was three months ago) but he will be here very soon is my prediction. I think he made his point about not being happy with the language of his contract but he won't let this go on into the regular season. I hope it's not too late for him to be a stud lineman for us this season. He seems to believe in himself a lot. I hope he's right.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                  I do believe Bosa will be signing a deal with the Chargers very soon. Obviously it's not ideal timing (that was three months ago) but he will be here very soon is my prediction. I think he made his point about not being happy with the language of his contract but he won't let this go on into the regular season. I hope it's not too late for him to be a stud lineman for us this season. He seems to believe in himself a lot. I hope he's right.
                  Normally this would sound how these have gone in the past. In this case however we are not hearing from the player himself to know his beef on signing/reporting. Instead we get statements from his family and questionable actions and representation from his agents. Why expect any normal historical resolution here?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I think Bosa did all he could - which is pretty much wait and see - to get what he wanted and it still hasn't happened for him. I think this is where acceptance of the situation you're encountering takes place for Bosa. Just a hunch on my part. FLEET says he's nuts. I say he needed to wait this thing out long enough to get over the fact the Chargers aren't giving in to either the offset or the deferred money. I think it's a pride thing for Bosa basically. The Chargers wounded the kid's pride by not making an exception to their archaic contract ways. I could be wrong.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                      I think Bosa did all he could - which is pretty much wait and see - to get what he wanted and it still hasn't happened for him. I think this is where acceptance of the situation you're encountering takes place for Bosa. Just a hunch on my part. FLEET says he's nuts. I say he needed to wait this thing out long enough to get over the fact the Chargers aren't giving in to either the offset or the deferred money. I think it's a pride thing for Bosa basically. The Chargers wounded the kid's pride by not making an exception to their archaic contract ways. I could be wrong.
                      85/15 is caving.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Let's address this splendid post one claim at a time:

1. This is a forum in which people post and respond to one another's comments. And in some cases, the poster themselves. You've done nothing but shovel shit on this franchise for this last several years I can remember (Before that I don't think I connected you as a poster with the throwaway insights that you were responsible for). Occasionally getting fed up with the manure you shovel and responding to it makes me neither a stalker nor wrong. You dump on the franchise at every turn. You admit to not watching the games. You admit that everything about the organization disturbs you. If that's the case, remove yourself from the situation. I would. Any mature adult with self-discipline would. But you can't quit for some reason. OK. You're helpless. Impotent. I'm sorry about that. It's sad but it doesn't make you a jerkoff on its own. Getting righteously indignant about getting called out on your condition does and suggesting that I somehow stalk you makes you seem rather oblivious.

2. Pompous? Calling a spade a spade makes me pompous? Being direct makes me pompous? Or is it just pegging you correctly and leaving you in a corner with no way to defend your personal weakness? Sad that anyone has a personal weakness on an internet forum, but there it is. I guess hoarders exist and no one understand them either.

3. Classy qualities? Ha. Ever look in the mirror, chump? To quote a classic film, "Here's a pack of gum. I'll chew it for you."

4. LYAO at me? Mkay. Means about as much to me as whatever might be stuck to my shoe at this moment. But plenty of cacklers out there cackling about lord knows what. Few of them manage to get internet access, though.

Adios has long been your sig. Empty word or a promise? Maybe a stretch goal for 2016?
                        ANGRY!! FYI...I never read your posts, unless they are in direct response to me (something you just CAN'T avoid). However, I didn't even bother to read your latest response. Much too long. So save your breath, and the bandwidth, and move along. Nothing to see here.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Now we have people whining because...they're fed up with people being fed up! They're whining...about people whining. They're pissed...because people are pissed.

I have a suggestion: Someone needs to write a nice little app that counts the number of negative posts made by each poster on a specific topic. When that number reaches 'n' (random number), all future posts by that poster, on that topic, gets sent to a 'deadletter' (invisible) thread. This way, we can vent, but no one will have to read it. Kind of like writing a nasty letter that you throw away before sending.

Comment

Working...
                          X