• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Some fun Bosa facts:

John Bosa, from wikipedia:

"John's wife, the former Cheryl Kumerow, is the sister of former Dolphins teammate Eric Kumerow."

Eric Kumerow's wikipedia entry:

"Despite being a first round draft pick (16th overall), his brief NFL career has been widely criticized as a disappointment. He retired after only three seasons without ever starting an NFL game, and registering only five quarterback sacks. He is the grandson of Chicago Outfit mob boss Tony Accardo, the brother-in-law of former Miami Dolphins first-round pick John Bosa, and the uncle of Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa."

Like I said, interesting little family history there.
    Yeah.... But I don't care if he is Hercules Son. Dude has to produce and not be a bust like all those names mentioned. I sure hope he isn't.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      Can we afford Karlos Williams? I read the Jets have met with him so far. How do we compare with them regarding cap space?
      Former fifth round pick in only his second season....I don't think he is going to command big bucks but he does now have his choice of where he wants to go with a handful of teams interested.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Yeah.... But I don't care if he is Hercules Son. Dude has to produce and not be a bust like all those names mentioned. I sure hope he isn't.
        Uh, not really the point here. But yeah, he does need to produce.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
          Can we afford Karlos Williams? I read the Jets have met with him so far. How do we compare with them regarding cap space?
          Karlos Williams was 20 lbs or so above the playing weight the Buffalo staff wanted. If he can lose the weight in time, he can be a good RB for someone. I am skeptical it can be this year.

Also, Pittsburgh supposedly has talked to him too. I think a number of teams would be interested in him around 230 lbs, just not the 250+ that he reported to TC in.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

I think he's closer to 260. Didn't realise he was a 5 star safety before switching at FSU. His brother is a Steeler so if they are interested that will probably give them an inside tract

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

What was little more than a formality became official Saturday evening, Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa being named the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year at a banquet in Houston. A standout start to his career all but assured this.

But Bosa is not ruminating on his 12-game debut.

He is already looking ahead.

The former No. 3 overall pick was present at the NFL Honors awards show to accept the accolade. It followed a 10 1/2-sack campaign in which he was just as dominant in the run game as he was a pass rusher. His performance in 2016, he says, is just the beginning.

Bosa, 21, expects to elevate his game as a sophomore.

All his production, which included tying for the NFL lead with 17 tackles for loss, came despite missing training camp and the preseason to a contract dispute and the first four games to a hamstring injury that sidelined him shortly after he signed on Aug. 29.

“I’m proud of the way I performed this season,” Bosa said recently, “but it’s really exciting to look back and watch because it could have been so much better. It’s scary because nobody has any idea other than me and maybe (strength and conditioning coach) Todd (Rice) in the weight room, just where it’s going to go from here, how much better it’s going to be.

“It’s really exciting for the future and the team. I get better every year, and I found my routine on how to do things.”

Last month, the Pro Football Writers of America named Bosa its top defensive rookie.

He became Saturday the first Chargers rookie to receive the AP award since Shawne Merriman after the 2005 season. Leslie O’Neal in 1986 is the only other recipient in Chargers history.

Comment

• I think Bosa is working at the drive-thru at our new Arby's store in Chanute, Kansas.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                    I think Bosa is working at the drive-thru at our new Arby's store in Chanute, Kansas.

He's incognito going under the name Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X