• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Alex, I live in Ohio, am big OSU fan, watched Bosa play almost every game. Those two guys are full of crap. I wonder if they even watched Bosa play or if they just looked at his measurables on paper. Or maybe they just hate the Buckeyes and the Big10. Here are the facts:

1. Bosa was double teamed almost every play last season and he STILL made plays. That is why his numbers dipped. That is what happens in the NFL. You don't get one-on-one blocking too much. He is already prepared for it.
    2. He does not take plays off and he finishes plays. He doesn't miss sacks, he doesn't hit the RB in the backfield and then not wrap up so the guy makes it back to the line.
    3. Bosa played against some very good OL in the big 10
    4. Bosa shows up big when it is needed most. He doesn't just feast on a crappy team and have 4 sacks to pad his stats. He can take over situations.
    5. Bosa is not a stupid surfer-dude, although that might be his persona. He studies and works on his game. And he uses his hands more than any college DE I can remember. I think that is just as important has speed (and he is not slow, either).
    6. Bosa plays the run extremely well. He is not one dimensional player and he LIKES to play the run.
    7. Bosa played on a team studded with stars. He was not treated like a prima dona.

This was a great pick.

TG
    thank you Heat. Good stuff. I'd still like one more d-lineman though. Who would you recommend from this draft?
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltdog
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Lunar Surface
      • Nutrition Consultant
      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
      One question for you guys...If Billings is primarily a Nose Tackle then where would Mebane play (or vice versa). Aren't they both NT's? Would we draft Billings with our next pick to rotate?
      With new LB coach Bob Babich (and longtime DC), we're likely to have him lobbying for more 4-3 schemes than we have seen in recent years. Seems like with Mebane and now Bosa on board, we are gearing up for more defensive alignment tweaks...
      Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Boltdog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Lunar Surface
        • Nutrition Consultant
        • Send PM

N"Aloha, Mr. Hands--" One of the news services reported this AM that when SD selected Joey Bosa at #3, everyone in the Dallas Cowboys war room turned white, "as if they had seen a ghost." Bosa was probably Jerruh's solution at DE, which they will now have to resolve tonight...
        Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
          N"Aloha, Mr. Hands--" One of the news services reported this AM that when SD selected Joey Bosa at #3, everyone in the Dallas Cowboys war room turned white, "as if they had seen a ghost." Bosa was probably Jerruh's solution at DE, which they will now have to resolve tonight...
          Sometimes sucking more is sucking less - and vice versa.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
            Glad we stuck it to Jerrah and Big D but I'm pretty sure everyone in their war room was already white when they announced the pick.

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Glad we stuck it to Jerrah and Big D but I'm pretty sure everyone in their war room was already white when they announced the pick.

http://prod.images.cowboys.clubs.nfl...960&height=720
              Well, not everyone.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Well, not everyone.
                Ha! Good catch. I really wonder if Dallas was that upset about Bosa?
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm not sure if they were all that upset about losing Bosa. It seems like Jerrah's crew was going for the glitter... Elliot, then trying hard to come up to grab Lynch. I think they go DE or ILB.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Bosa's last contact with the Chargers before the draft was his Pro Day. Chargers like to surprise their first rounders with no visits.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I'm not sure if they were all that upset about losing Bosa. It seems like Jerrah's crew was going for the glitter... Elliot, then trying hard to come up to grab Lynch. I think they go DE or ILB.
                      It was leaked they were going back and forth between Elliot and Ramsey - but perhaps that was a smokescreen. After all, TT kept it very close to the vest about Bosa and we had our Stanley/Buckner rumors here.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Bosa's last contact with the Chargers before the draft was his Pro Day. Chargers like to surprise their first rounders with no visits.
                        thought I saw a report Dean Spanos personally called and talked to Bosa like the day before the draft?
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Alex, I live in Ohio, am big OSU fan, watched Bosa play almost every game. Those two guys are full of crap. I wonder if they even watched Bosa play or if they just looked at his measurables on paper. Or maybe they just hate the Buckeyes and the Big10. Here are the facts:

1. Bosa was double teamed almost every play last season and he STILL made plays. That is why his numbers dipped. That is what happens in the NFL. You don't get one-on-one blocking too much. He is already prepared for it.
                          2. He does not take plays off and he finishes plays. He doesn't miss sacks, he doesn't hit the RB in the backfield and then not wrap up so the guy makes it back to the line.
                          3. Bosa played against some very good OL in the big 10
                          4. Bosa shows up big when it is needed most. He doesn't just feast on a crappy team and have 4 sacks to pad his stats. He can take over situations.
                          5. Bosa is not a stupid surfer-dude, although that might be his persona. He studies and works on his game. And he uses his hands more than any college DE I can remember. I think that is just as important has speed (and he is not slow, either).
                          6. Bosa plays the run extremely well. He is not one dimensional player and he LIKES to play the run.
                          7. Bosa played on a team studded with stars. He was not treated like a prima dona.

This was a great pick.

TG
                          yep! A lot of people are comparing him to JJ Watt. Saw TT & MM interviewed and they said every time they looked at the tape Bosa just jumped out at them as a playmaker and disruptive force and taking over games. This guy helps sooo much up front.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X