• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Who gets game balls for their preseason play

Now that TC and preseason is complete who do you think deserves game balls for their play. Here are some players I thought stood out

JT Woods-He will be needed this year and I thought he played pretty well. I think he lead the team in tackles last night.

Henley--He really came on the last two games. Excited to see where he is at by the end of the season.

Dotson--He had a great preseason. I don't think they will keep 4 RB's but he will be a priority to get on practice squad if he makes it through waivers.

Deane Leonard--He looks to be improved immensely at CB in year 2.
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Kellen Moore.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
      Now that TC and preseason is complete who do you think deserves game balls for their play. Here are some players I thought stood out

JT Woods-He will be needed this year and I thought he played pretty well. I think he lead the team in tackles last night.

Henley--He really came on the last two games. Excited to see where he is at by the end of the season.

Dotson--He had a great preseason. I don't think they will keep 4 RB's but he will be a priority to get on practice squad if he makes it through waivers.

Deane Leonard--He looks to be improved immensely at CB in year 2.
      I like your list. I’d add DD. He showed that he is more than a kick returner.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

DA called a pretty good game vs SF. That's DC Ansley. We allowed 1 TD, 2 FGs. Better than expected by many.
        Likewise, kudos to Moore. 267 yds rushing with backup OL kinda blows my mind

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I really think Ansley is an improvement over Hill as DC. I really like this coaching staff now. Really impressed with the run game as a whole. I will say this the first preseason/TC the Chargers have not suffered anything. I will not type it but I think people know what I mean.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

We did well with all three of the defenders we drafted. Tuli, Daiyan and Scott. And all three of the offensive guys, Q, DD and McFadden. The qb was just a TC player.

Very solid draft by TT and Staley. Give them an A so far.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Do you believe in genetics? Chris Hinton is the son of former 7 time all pro OL Chris Hinton of the Colts. I’m rooting for him.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                We did well with all three of the defenders we drafted. Tuli, Daiyan and Scott. And all three of the offensive guys, Q, DD and McFadden. The qb was just a TC player.
                I like Duggan better than Stick. What you see with Stick, that's as good as he is going to get.

Comment

• colorado
                  Fan since '62
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Desert Rat
                  • Nothing but time on my hands
                  • Send PM

I like Henley. Great game last night and Dotson. I'll go off your list... then there's CJ Okoye what a brick wall he is

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That 75-yd TD run by Joshua Kelley was money. It looked like an inside zone - judging by the scoop block and the personnel group - and Kelley followed his insert blocker, beat one man and he was gone. I think we can already see proof of Kellen Moore's coaching in that we've already seen three open field run splash plays TDs in three preseason games. I don't recall seeing that in the Telesco era.

That jet sweep by Derius Davis was killer, made Derius look like the best player on the field for the second time this preseason.

Max Duggan is growing by-the-game. And he has the wheels and the guts to match. Great pick by Daiyan Henley as well. Great fumble recovery by D. Leonard.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The Chargers drafted 3 of my target players: Daiyan Henly, Derius Davis, and Jordan McFadden. So I'm giving a game ball to Telesco. Telesco also went out and got 3 of my FA targets: Linsley, SJD, and Austin Johnson. This team is full of wish-list guys.

I believe that Brandon Staley has had an influence on draft picks and FA moves... so he gets a game ball. Luring Kellen Moore to LAC is going to be a game changer.

Three years ago, they drafted another guy on my target list... Joshua Kelley. I've taken a lot of ribbing for that the last couple of years. Revenge is mine! He gets a game ball for the improvement he's made through his hard work.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Peter King w/ Coach Staley and Coach Moore. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X