• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    So every play on that vid, he’s got at least one WR further downfield, usually two, sometimes three. And that’s a helluva lot of missed/broken tackles, not gonna see near that from NFL starters. I’ll say it again (so critty doesn’t have to), BB won’t have the impact we’re seeing in his college game in the pros - certainly not on the Chargers, who’s going deep for him to clear out the traffic underneath when he’s the fastest guy out there lol? I just think you need more than we currently have to scheme him into positive plays, but that’s just me. Rather have one of the top 3 WR, or OL with that top pick (wherever it is after trading back lol).
    No he wont be running over as many people, ...perhaps some CBs but he will still make some plays. But look at more than that, he makes people miss as well. Is faster than most LBs and faster than some CBs, has good instincts. The NFL will tackle better than college as tackling in college is overall bad, but he will still make plays, just not as many long plays as that tape shows but we can say that for every player. Nabers isnt going to run as wild either but he will make plays.

A RB in college who averages over 6 YPC probably wont do that in the NFL and the RB who averages in the 4's YPC in college might have a tough time in the NFL.
    Its a reason why i like Estime but also have concerns. Tackling will be better near the LOS. Love his tenacity but he may have a tougher time.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-18-2024, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Yep, that’s it lol.

Hey, you see NFL level play, I do too mostly. Just not to the degree most are seeing. This can only be decided by single face-to-face combat, manu-a-manu, I’ll choose the weapon: tanks.

Lol, we’ll have to see where he goes, how they play him, how successful he is.
      Ahem, tanks, but no tanks...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I like this idea, I just think you are really over hyping Rice. I’m not sure he’s a #1 NFL receiver. If you added a Javon Baker or a Jermaine Burton in your draft and did away with Lloyd, i’d buy into this plan more.
        I like Rice over Baker and Burton we probably wont draft.

Also many like Lloyd here but hec id rather have Corum over Lloyd. Think id maybe take Davis over Lloyd too.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

"Ma'am, may I help you load those groceries into your car?"

image.png
          Ha, ...talk about not having a football body. Looks more natural in that store clerk aprin and bowtie they wear at Vons. At least they did when i worked there as a kid. I havent been in a Vons in years so not sure.
          But the kid can play!

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Hurst and Parham, the Head Injury Twins!

You could be entirely correct about Bowers being what I call "The Duh Target". And you could be correct about his ideal fit, and he *could* STILL end up not being the pick!

Some consider Joe Alt the 'Duh Pick'. Some consider MHJ the 'Duh Pick.

I have to credit Hortiz, that the Bolts' 1st round draft intentions are not clear to us fans. Other than his comment about Nabers being the best wideout prospect he's ever evaluated, we've been given pretty much Zero in the way of data points to assess Hortiz' likely actions a week from today.
            I believe on the morning of April 26th while the fans are sipping on their beverage of choice enjoying the cool crisp morning wind across their face, it will hit them how much Hortiz & Harbaugh were dropping breadcrumbs all along and the term "Positional Value" will become as common place here at TPB as OL-Centric has. I'm ordering the hats and T-Shirts now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Yep, that’s it lol.

Hey, you see NFL level play, I do too mostly. Just not to the degree most are seeing. This can only be decided by single face-to-face combat, manu-a-manu, I’ll choose the weapon: tanks.

Lol, we’ll have to see where he goes, how they play him, how successful he is.
              lol. I don't know he'll be the biggest baddest bestest super TE in the history of sport. he won't run wild as much as he did in college, thats true for all of them. But I think he's gonna be good because he's faster than all the other TEs, he's got a high level of junkyard dawg attitude to stick it to smartass DBs that think they wanna play games, he's got great body control, great hands, and he's physical (strong) enough to play as a TE and not just a receiver. He will bulk up more like all "undersized" college players do when they go to Pros, though I'm not saying he is undersized. Just that he will get even stronger. The big strong ones aren't going to get faster.

His one ? for me is he's kinda short for a superstar TE but hey - maybe he sets the new yardstick for future top TEs.

Lol2 - in honor of one of our beloved heroes, Sir Topcat: you don't have to, ahem, tank me
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Ahem, tanks, but no tanks...
                damnit! you beat me to it. damn work and job and stuff ...

Tip Of The Hat GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Arnold was a sophomore not a senior. He's about 20 years old. Obviously he can play slot or outside. In my humble opinion he's going to be
                  playing on the outside in the NFL.
                  I was very impressed with him in the interview i listened to. Wants to be the best, was singing Otis Redding, and Don McLean American pie on the radio....says he like that old nostalgia stuff he grew up with. His Momma had him young and she raised him right. Says all she has to do is give him that look and he knows he needs to fall in. He doesnt talk like some thug.

We need a CB so if somehow we trade down in the area and they draft him, they are getting a good CB and quality person. Wont have to worry about him racing in the street or hitting women.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I was very impressed with him in the interview i listened to. Wants to be the best, was singing Otis Redding, and Don McLean American pie on the radio....says he like that old nostalgia stuff he grew up with. His Momma had him young and she raised him right. Says all she has to do is give him that look and he knows he needs to fall in. He doesnt talk like some thug.

We need a CB so if somehow we trade down in the area and they draft him, they are getting a good CB and quality person. Wont have to worry about him racing in the street or hitting women.
                    I think he'll be able to play outside just fine, not sure how our TPB scouts are calling him a slot CB only?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

damnit! you beat me to it. damn work and job and stuff ...

Tip Of The Hat GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
                      Sounds like u have, ahem, a tankless job...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Sounds like u have, ahem, a tankless job...
                        excuse me no GIF by Kings of Con

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Hmmm...true...you DID throw the gauntlet...and as the challenged, I choose the weapons, or nature of engagement...

So be it...5 card stud(No trades) predictive mock...but dont be afraid to color some of the "predictions" with gut feelings...I promise our first selections wont be the same...

One other detail. The Cards in this scenario traded out, and another team selected a 4th QB...all non-QBs are on the board.

PM or quote me to grab my attention, and let me know when you are ready...I might get it today...but if I get busy, may be tommorrow...I will alert you as well when Im ready to drop.
                          Go ahead.
                          Gauntlet is for everyone.
                          I will pitch in over the weekend
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X