• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerTrader
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

In the end, I will be happy with whatever Hortiz and Harbaugh decide. Stay at #5 and take whomever is their #1 BPA or trade down and fill two positions in Round 1. They are working together to build us a strong team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You and wu, sheesh. This isn’t daycare in here, I seriously doubt any uproar will happen from anybody. Might be questions, some good debate as per usual. The drama queens need to give it a rest.
      My comments about TPB, Charger fan reaction to our pick, should it be Alt (or "worse"), were clearly facetious. And yes a list can be made of drama queens.

I will embrace whoever we pick. Pipkins at ORT will not be the end of the world, in spite of your frequent dramatic comments.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

lol, that’s fair.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

As a Charger fan for 42 years, I have NEVER felt this proud or this confident in our front office personnel.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Nobody in this forum possesses the resumes Harbaugh and Hortiz have, and they have given us no reason to not have faith in what they're doing. That should be kept in mind before anyone starts whining about the first pick Harbaugh and Hortiz make together.
            Very true

And except for Bosa staying and Allen leaving - I think JH2 have nailed the offseason with the moves made but more importantly, the THOUGHT PROCESS!! I truly wonder if Telesco ever had a vision. And I think he probably did he just wasn't good at his job. But I can see with JH2, the vision they have this offseason
            1) clear up the cap
            2) sign players to contracts that aren't cap bustings - meaning even though Wilkins would have been nice at IDL - they refrained
            3) have created getting more draft picks

So whatever they do on Thursday and the week end, I am good with. I trust they know what they are doing. And if they pick Joe Alt over Marvin Harrison or nabers tomorrow - I trust that there draft board has Alt higher

Jason from OTC put out something yesterday about the value of second contracts by the drafting team - the Ravens were highest. That team has a clue and the Chargers got three people that that front office -- I hvae no worries about tomorrow

Sure I would love to trade back with the Giants and still get Nabers -but we shall see. The only thing that would truly tick me off is if Nabers is ranked third on their draft board and Alt was 6th and they picked Alt over Nabers - or a scenario like that. But this is the Ravens DNA with Hortiz - thats not happening in all likelihood

Comment

• ChargerTrader
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

I had another thought about a trade down scenario this morning that I do not think I have seen mentioned anywhere.

Don't skewer me... But the Bears... First four picks go either four QBs or 3 QBs and MHJ.

Chargers, sitting at #5, get a call from the Bears. They offer #9, 2024 2nd and 2025 2nd. The Bears do this to add the dynamic Nabers to the team. The Bears could stay at 9 and get Odunze, but make the move.

Chargers move down four spots and gain another pick this year and next.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
                I had another thought about a trade down scenario this morning that I do not think I have seen mentioned anywhere.

Don't skewer me... But the Bears... First four picks go either four QBs or 3 QBs and MHJ.

Chargers, sitting at #5, get a call from the Bears. They offer #9, 2024 2nd and 2025 2nd. The Bears do this to add the dynamic Nabers to the team.

Chargers move down four spots and gain another pick.

Thoughts?
                The Bears do not have a 2024 2nd round pick - sent it to the WTF - so it would have to be a 2025 FRP.

Trading with the Bears, Jets and Broncos is tricky - none have a 2nd rounder this year

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Bears do not have a 2024 2nd round pick - sent it to the WTF - so it would have to be a 2025 FRP.

Trading with the Bears, Jets and Broncos is tricky - none have a 2nd rounder this year
                  Yeah, they would have to make a move to acquire that second rounder, but that would result in too much draft capital lost.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

Yeah, they would have to make a move to acquire that second rounder, but that would result in too much draft capital lost.
                    The best teams to trade with - to me are

Giants at 6 if they want a QB and are willing to pay to move up one spot to get there before the Vikings

Or the Vikings if they really send a good deal

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Gonna be very surprised if Horitz trades 5 for two firsts. Doesn’t seem like what he’s talked about at all.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Gonna be very surprised if Horitz trades 5 for two firsts. Doesn’t seem like what he’s talked about at all.
                        I can possibly see him trading back with the Vikings for 11 and 23 with another pick added to the mix

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Very true

And except for Bosa staying and Allen leaving - I think JH2 have nailed the offseason with the moves made but more importantly, the THOUGHT PROCESS!! I truly wonder if Telesco ever had a vision. And I think he probably did he just wasn't good at his job. But I can see with JH2, the vision they have this offseason
                          1) clear up the cap
                          2) sign players to contracts that aren't cap bustings - meaning even though Wilkins would have been nice at IDL - they refrained
                          3) have created getting more draft picks

So whatever they do on Thursday and the week end, I am good with. I trust they know what they are doing. And if they pick Joe Alt over Marvin Harrison or nabers tomorrow - I trust that there draft board has Alt higher

Jason from OTC put out something yesterday about the value of second contracts by the drafting team - the Ravens were highest. That team has a clue and the Chargers got three people that that front office -- I hvae no worries about tomorrow

Sure I would love to trade back with the Giants and still get Nabers -but we shall see. The only thing that would truly tick me off is if Nabers is ranked third on their draft board and Alt was 6th and they picked Alt over Nabers - or a scenario like that. But this is the Ravens DNA with Hortiz - thats not happening in all likelihood
                          not sure on this one. i felt that way before free agency began, but i think we found out everyone's true colors in the process. i am not a sentimental guy unless we are talking about Fouts, Rivers, Seau or the old Air Coryell guys - so fuck Keenan in my book (more like MEnan Allen). if Bosa stays remotely healthy, the gamble will pay off. yes, big IF.

regarding Nabers, I love that guy's speed. effortless speed.

Comment

Working...
                          X