• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerTrader
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Benjamin Allbright 2024 NFL Mock Draft | KOA 850 AM & 94.1 FM | Denver Broncos (iheart.com)

The Allbright mock draft. He does have the Chargers trading with MN but not for 11 and 23 - but first Firsts (plural). And with a rookie QB, what is better a potential 2025 FRP pick or pick 23. The Texans moved to the Cardinals and some thought the Cardinals would get a top 10 pick and they got 27. But we shall see...

So without further ado...
    1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams. This is a no brainer. Everyone has known this since the Senior Bowl when they were openly shopping Justin Fields, despite reports to the contrary.
    2. Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels. Almost universally everyone I talked to had him over Drake Maye.
    3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye I really thought the Vikings might crack and make the trade to get here. Ultimately Pats take Maye.
    4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison While a trade back is possible, I suspect the parties that'd be interested simply aren't willing to give enough to move them.
    5. Vikings (via LAC)* - QB JJ McCarthy Trade up! After missing on Maye, four QBs in the top 5. Vikings only give 1 pick this year + future 1sts.
    6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers Several teams have him as the top WR in this draft.
    7. Titans - OT Joe Alt Don't rule out a WR here.
    8. Falcons - EDGE Dallas Turner Best coverage edge rusher for a scheme that demands their edges drop back at times. Latu in play here as well.
    9. Saints (via CHI)* - OT Olu Fashanu Saints move up and fill a huge need.
    10. Jets - TE Brock Bowers Versatile mismatch TE/ off the line Y for Aaron Rodgers. Fuaga a consideration here.
    11. Chargers (via Minn)* - OL JC Latham I think the Chargers can get quality WR help later.
    12. Eagles (via Den)* - CB Quinyon Mitchell Eagles trade up to get their corner. (give up pick 50)
    13. Raiders - CB Terrion Arnold Raiders could look to go OL here as well. Not buying Penix at 13 hype.
    14. Bears (via NO)* - DT Byron Murphy Bears land the premier IDL talent in the draft.
    15. Colts - WR Rome Odunze Slide stops here, adds a weapon for Anthony Richardson. Could see trade down here.
    16. Seahawks - OT Troy Fautanu OC Ryan Grubb was his collegiate coach
    17. 49ers (via JAX)* - WR Brian Thomas Jr I projected an Aiyuk trade and pick swap here
    18. Bengals - OL Taliese Fuaga Slide stops here
    19. Rams - EDGE Laitu Latu I think OT would be a strong consideration here as well.
    20. Steelers - OL Graham Barton The Steelers need at C is well known. Russ needs clean A gaps to operate.
    21. Dolphins - OL Jackson Powers-Johnson I think they'd love Barton to be here, but McDaniel will love JPJ personality
    22. Broncos (via PHI)* - EDGE Jared Verse Possibility the Broncos could move back yet again and grab more picks. Nix is a day two talent.
    23. Vikings - OL Tyler Guyton After not giving up this pick in trade (future picks) the Vikings get additional QB protection.
    24. Cowboys - OL Amarius Mims Cowboys have too many needs to trade up, take the OL that falls in their lap.
    25. Packers - DB Cooper DeJean Versatile DB can play safety or corner. Would be surprised to see Packers TRY to move up.
    26. Buccaneers - EDGE Chop Robinson - Couple options here CB or edge. ultimately went edge.
    27. Commanders (via AZ) - OL Patrick Paul Maybe a bit earlier than expected.
    28. Bills - WR Xavier Worthy Bills tried to trade up but were unsuccessful. Land a WR anyway.
    29. Lions - CB Kool Aid McKinistry Lions could be a trade back candidate here,
    30. Ravens - OL Jordan Morgan Went back and forth with this one. Probably my most debated pick
    31. Jaguars (via SF)* - CB Nate Wiggins Wiggins could slip to 2nd.
    32. Chiefs - OL Kingsley Suamataia BYU connection again for Reid?
    This would be a bad move, imo

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

My draft strategy? Realizing I have no idea what Jim n Joe consider "needs" or "wants" are in this draft, with respect to the current roster...and sitting back, ready to appreciate whatever pick they make...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

This would be a bad move, imo
        Trader Joe ain’t having none of that
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nabers has been my favorite WR for exactly the reasons many scouts describe. The explosion/acceleration and ability change direction faster than DBs can cover it is a difference that pops on tape imo.
          I think a lot of his explosiveness is due to his butt crack sweat. Just like lube on pistons. Really gets those legs moving is my guess. lol

The guy is built like a bigger Tyreek.

IMG_4869.png

Attached Files

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Nabers is a home run hitter. Talent. Let’s stop bullshitting. Off the field issues. But he can change.

The dude is a baller. They said the same shit about Randy Moss.

if Marvin Harrison Jr. is on the board that’s who they’re drafting.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I think a lot of his explosiveness is due to his butt crack sweat. Just like lube on pistons. Really gets those legs moving is my guess. lol

The guy is built like a bigger Tyreek.

IMG_4869.png
              Now that's the real deal combine analysis. They amount of shimmer reflected by sweat across a prospect's butt crack is in depth analysis. That's why we need a "Ask Fleet" thread to answer the 1st World's tougher questions we struggle with on a daily basis.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

When Louis Riddick who has been scouting players and was an NFL DB says that he wouldn’t be able to cover Nabers and gets scared thinking about covering Nabers you take notice.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Now that's the real deal combine analysis. They amount of shimmer reflected by sweat across a prospect's butt crack is in depth analysis. That's why we need a "Ask Fleet" thread to answer the 1st World's tougher questions we struggle with on a daily basis.

I would have to charge for those deep takes. lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Benjamin Allbright 2024 NFL Mock Draft | KOA 850 AM & 94.1 FM | Denver Broncos (iheart.com)

The Allbright mock draft. He does have the Chargers trading with MN but not for 11 and 23 - but first Firsts (plural). And with a rookie QB, what is better a potential 2025 FRP pick or pick 23. The Texans moved to the Cardinals and some thought the Cardinals would get a top 10 pick and they got 27. But we shall see...

So without further ado...
                    1. Bears - QB Caleb Williams. This is a no brainer. Everyone has known this since the Senior Bowl when they were openly shopping Justin Fields, despite reports to the contrary.
                    2. Commanders - QB Jayden Daniels. Almost universally everyone I talked to had him over Drake Maye.
                    3. Patriots - QB Drake Maye I really thought the Vikings might crack and make the trade to get here. Ultimately Pats take Maye.
                    4. Cardinals - WR Marvin Harrison While a trade back is possible, I suspect the parties that'd be interested simply aren't willing to give enough to move them.
                    5. Vikings (via LAC)* - QB JJ McCarthy Trade up! After missing on Maye, four QBs in the top 5. Vikings only give 1 pick this year + future 1sts.
                    6. Giants - WR Malik Nabers Several teams have him as the top WR in this draft.
                    7. Titans - OT Joe Alt Don't rule out a WR here.
                    8. Falcons - EDGE Dallas Turner Best coverage edge rusher for a scheme that demands their edges drop back at times. Latu in play here as well.
                    9. Saints (via CHI)* - OT Olu Fashanu Saints move up and fill a huge need.
                    10. Jets - TE Brock Bowers Versatile mismatch TE/ off the line Y for Aaron Rodgers. Fuaga a consideration here.
                    11. Chargers (via Minn)* - OL JC Latham I think the Chargers can get quality WR help later.
                    12. Eagles (via Den)* - CB Quinyon Mitchell Eagles trade up to get their corner. (give up pick 50)
                    13. Raiders - CB Terrion Arnold Raiders could look to go OL here as well. Not buying Penix at 13 hype.
                    14. Bears (via NO)* - DT Byron Murphy Bears land the premier IDL talent in the draft.
                    15. Colts - WR Rome Odunze Slide stops here, adds a weapon for Anthony Richardson. Could see trade down here.
                    16. Seahawks - OT Troy Fautanu OC Ryan Grubb was his collegiate coach
                    17. 49ers (via JAX)* - WR Brian Thomas Jr I projected an Aiyuk trade and pick swap here
                    18. Bengals - OL Taliese Fuaga Slide stops here
                    19. Rams - EDGE Laitu Latu I think OT would be a strong consideration here as well.
                    20. Steelers - OL Graham Barton The Steelers need at C is well known. Russ needs clean A gaps to operate.
                    21. Dolphins - OL Jackson Powers-Johnson I think they'd love Barton to be here, but McDaniel will love JPJ personality
                    22. Broncos (via PHI)* - EDGE Jared Verse Possibility the Broncos could move back yet again and grab more picks. Nix is a day two talent.
                    23. Vikings - OL Tyler Guyton After not giving up this pick in trade (future picks) the Vikings get additional QB protection.
                    24. Cowboys - OL Amarius Mims Cowboys have too many needs to trade up, take the OL that falls in their lap.
                    25. Packers - DB Cooper DeJean Versatile DB can play safety or corner. Would be surprised to see Packers TRY to move up.
                    26. Buccaneers - EDGE Chop Robinson - Couple options here CB or edge. ultimately went edge.
                    27. Commanders (via AZ) - OL Patrick Paul Maybe a bit earlier than expected.
                    28. Bills - WR Xavier Worthy Bills tried to trade up but were unsuccessful. Land a WR anyway.
                    29. Lions - CB Kool Aid McKinistry Lions could be a trade back candidate here,
                    30. Ravens - OL Jordan Morgan Went back and forth with this one. Probably my most debated pick
                    31. Jaguars (via SF)* - CB Nate Wiggins Wiggins could slip to 2nd.
                    32. Chiefs - OL Kingsley Suamataia BYU connection again for Reid?
                    That isn't going to work for us. Albright is a Broncos fan right? He and Nick Wright don't want us to load up on extra picks. Doubt Hortiz settles for 11 and a 2025 first

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

The reason im so high on the top pass catchers in this draft are because my peronal comps are so vast. They are all super versatile and cover traits of many players all rolled into one. Man i would kill for the Cards to take Harrison and the Giants just move up one spot to 5 and we get 6/47. Thats probably my main desire. Even over 11/23. Then be in play for one of these guys. I know i keep beating the Bowers drum...but thats just because the next TE isnt close to being a lock starter to me. And the WR class is deep enough to get a great starter. But after the top 3 i do see the drop off. But we are talking All Pro types vs top 15 WRs in the league. All 3 WRs in this draft have the ability to become the next top 5 guy in the league.

Bowers - Kittle/Kelce/Deebo/Aiyuk/Juszczyk
                      Nabers - Tyreek/Antonio Brown/DJ Moore
                      Harrison - Randy Moss/Julio Jones/AJ Green
                      Odunze - Justin Jefferson/Davante Adams/Keenan

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That isn't going to work for us. Albright is a Broncos fan right? He and Nick Wright don't want us to load up on extra picks. Doubt Hortiz settles for 11 and a 2025 first
                        Allbright works in Denver - yes. And he has good connections to the Broncos but I think he is less a fan than Wright it. Allbright is pretty honest about the Broncos - ticks off a lot of Broncos fans too

Future picks are nice but there is such variability with where they can be. And the Texans showed you can go from potential top 5 pick like many thought to picking in the bottom of the round

If the Chargers are trading with the Vikings - I think 11 and 23 is much more preferable to 11 and a future FRP.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

it is like draft xmas eve.
                          "All I want for Draft Day is a new TE,
                          A New TE, a new TE
                          All I want for Draft Day is a new TE,
                          And an RT and a new RB!
                          (Well, maybe also a G, FS, C, CB, LB...etc.)

Comment

Working...
                          X