Chargers at Titans Pre Game Discussion (Week 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

First step in consistency is backups playing at a high level. First up, RB.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This sounds like an issues that'll take more than 1 week to resolve . . . . . . . . . . I don't WANT to lose Eck - but I AM looking forward to watching Spillar (finally). Maybe even Dot for a couple of plays - who knows.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Quintessential chargers. Ekeler you had a super productive game last week and Chargers now have a solid running game. You’re out

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Quintessential chargers. Ekeler you had a super productive game last week and Chargers now have a solid running game. You’re out
          The running game improvement was more about the play of the oline and Moore's scheme (and Fangio's) than it was about individual brilliance of our RB's. There were holes I could have run through - it was a lot of fun to watch.

I'd like to have Eck running the ball, but I'm reasonably sure that - if the oline blocks as well as G1 - our backups will do OK. This game will be on Herbert anyway - he (and our receivers) should feast on Tenn's secondary without Hooker and Fulton on the field.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

This sounds like a logical thought . . . . . . . . . . . therefore it has NO chance of being implemented . . . . . . . . . . . . cause VanNoy clearly pissed someone off at the coaching or management level . . . . . .
            Probably questioned some of the scheming and/or why the coaching staff doesn't regularly enforce discipline for idiotic players. Maybe questioned the lack of accountability for selected players? No, VanNoy is not my drinking buddy, I'm just speculating. That's what fans do.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

The running game improvement was more about the play of the oline and Moore's scheme (and Fangio's) than it was about individual brilliance of our RB's. There were holes I could have run through - it was a lot of fun to watch.

I'd like to have Eck running the ball, but I'm reasonably sure that - if the oline blocks as well as G1 - our backups will do OK. This game will be on Herbert anyway - he (and our receivers) should feast on Tenn's secondary without Hooker and Fulton on the field.
              Agree.... that is why TEN will pound the ball against our soft defense that cannot take correct angles or tackle..... which is why we have been worst run defense in NFL for over a decade.....

We will successfully pass the ball on them and they will run at will on us..... its about limiting mistakes, because mistakes either way will give one side major advantage... and who has ball last...which is about managing the clock...... TEN can stuff the run...we will not run on the,,,,,, they will force Herbert and receivers to beat them via the pass... it can be done.... but because they will run at will.... will require perfection from our passing offense ..... and will require using our 2 fast rookie WR's.... (which might be a good idea since all other top rookie WR's have performed very well so far in real games.)... this looks like this was a pretty good draft across NFL so far....

Remember the TEN coach was a member of bellycheats Teams that kicks our ass every year...... and hated Chargers....

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I agree. Just uncanny tho.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

I agree. Just uncanny tho.
                  agree.... but i think fans and everyone will be surprised by Spiller.... he runs like Bijan..... maybe not as big or as fast.... but similar elusiveness an more size and strength than our other backs.... Dotson is a possible Ekler scat back replacement.....

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I'd like to have Eck running the ball, but I'm reasonably sure that - if the oline blocks as well as G1 - our backups will do OK.
                    If Ek doesn't make the trip it will give Spiller and Dotson opportunities to prove, or not, they are made of NFL stuff.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                      Let's do this!
                      • Aug 2022
                      • Raleigh N. Carolina
                      • Send PM

Totally

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        If Ek doesn't make the trip it will give Spiller and Dotson opportunities to prove, or not, they are made of NFL stuff.
                        true.... but its about the coaches..... TEN can stuff the run tey have not given up more than 70 yards to a RB in many years.....
                        We have ti win this fgame passing but ONLY if we can stop the run..... as we know this team cannot tacl=kle or stop the run ..... even if they know it is coming.... we are worst run defense in NFL for a reason..... this team cannot tackle and refuses to practice tackling in practice.....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Getting a Salyer jersey.
                          Nothing will ruin my wild weekend.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X