Chargers (-1.5) vs Vikings Pregame Discussion (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    I remember reading about turnovers with the Vikes this year, so I took a look. Against Tampa they had 2 fumbles lost and one int. Against the Eagles they had 4 lost fumbles and zero int's. Cousins is not the issue for them, fumbles are. I watched the game highlights against the Eagles and the fumbles just killed Minny. They only lost by 3 to Tampa and by 6 to the Eagles, so those turnovers were drive, points and win killers. We have only generated 2 turnovers in week one and zero in week two. So in a clean head to head with the Vikes at home, we could be in serious trouble. Justin Jefferson looked MONSTER in the Eagles highlights. So far this season he has 20 catches for 309 yards.......what can that guy do against us? Hockinson has 15 grabs so far and KJ Osbourn gets plenty of throws as everybody is looking after the first 2.

We are going to have to pressure Cousins all game to control that passing attack or our DB's are going to get shelled. I just do not get any warm fuzzies when I look at this game.
    In this clash of 0-2 teams, they certainly seem more poised to get that first W, especially playing at home. I would consider a Bolts win here to be somewhat of a decent upset, TBH.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

In this clash of 0-2 teams, they certainly seem more poised to get that first W, especially playing at home. I would consider a Bolts win here to be somewhat of a decent upset, TBH.
      The Vegas line has narrowed. Some books have the Bolts -1 or 1.5, some have the Vikes -1 or 1.5, some have pick 'em.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Vegas line has narrowed. Some books have the Bolts -1 or 1.5, some have the Vikes -1 or 1.5, some have pick 'em.
        Who would bet on the chargers? I mean come on

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Who would bet on the chargers? I mean come on
          If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I would bet on them if they were +4 or more. They've lost two games by 2 & 3 pts.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I would bet on them if they were +4 or more. They've lost two games by 2 & 3 pts.
            There ya go.

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Chase: Bengals need to 'take more shots downfield'

Amen brother...

Us Charger fans know exactly how you feel.​

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Herbert sure missed Ekeler in Tenn. That's his escape valve...
                Then Moore needs to address that ASAP, not like we’re getting new OL guys anytime soon. TE chipping on Pipkins side, then releasing for Herbie’s escape value seems like a no-brainer to me, but I don’t get paid to be an NFL OC so what do I know.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

28-17, Minnesota. Until the Chargers start playing somewhat close to their potential I'm going to keep predicting losses. It could easily be worse than 28-17. I'm being conservative with that prediction.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post
                    28-17, Minnesota. Until the Chargers start playing somewhat close to their potential I'm going to keep predicting losses. It could easily be worse than 28-17. I'm being conservative with that prediction.
                    I don't think Minnesota is going to hold us to our lowest points of the year. Matter fact I think we run on them. Vikings do not have a good run defense.

Im going with the big W 34 - 30 in a shootout.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I don't think Minnesota is going to hold us to our lowest points of the year. Matter fact I think we run on them. Vikings do not have a good run defense.

Im going with the big W 34 - 30 in a shootout.
                      I can't see how this game is not a shoot out.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Sick of sports talk shows now devoting entire NFL segments to gambling talk. It’s the new thing and it sucks.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          This matchup is favorable for us. Not as much as @ TEN, but still favorable.
                          Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          The issue will be the 10am start. Cousins gets hot. We need to match MIN's intensity.
                          I disagree.

Cousins and his receiving corp are head and shoulders better than Tenn. Essentially this game is strong on weak - on both sides of the ball. We'll see whose offense can put up the most points (OR whose defense is worst). I'm not optimistic that our O will be better than theirs, or that our D will be better . . . . . . . . . . . Minn could very easily put up over 30 on us, as long as Cousins doesn't screw up. We need to see that Tenn pressure package again against Minn. Cousins is a statue and can be negatively affected by pressure . . . . . . . We can't let him stand back there and pat the ball while his guys eat us alive . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X