• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    As crazy and unacceptable as it is, the fact is that our current defensive failures are the product of our DBs not meshing well...yet.

It's complicated...and it's simple.

#Staleyonthebrink
    I think you're on to something wood. Our DBs are having major mental lapses. The other thing to point out is the thin LB position defending the middle of the field as well. Kendricks is slower now, no prime Tranquil to provide decent drop back coverage, and an inexperienced K9 as your defensive QB.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I think you're on to something wood. Our DBs are having major mental lapses. The other thing to point out is the thin LB position defending the middle of the field as well. Kendricks is slower now, no prime Tranquil to provide decent drop back coverage, and an inexperienced K9 as your defensive QB.
      Tranquil was much better against the pass than Kendricks is. The PFF pass defense gap between the two was jarring.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

I liked Bosa on limited snaps, he performed his best there. Tuli was a great draft pick and him spelling Bosa is a sweet problem to have

I hope both OC and DC make adjustments to simplify their gameplans so our players can play fast again.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Tranquil was much better against the pass than Kendricks is. The PFF pass defense gap between the two was jarring.
          Pass defending should be K9's job. Kendricks is supposed to make tackles to stop the run, a big problem we had last year.
          Just hope Henley gets on the field soon, so we'll know what we have in him. Former WR should be good in coverage.

Tranquill on the sidelines for KC. I don't think he was all that. But whatever, we are definitely weak at LB. Bosa/Mack are mostly
          used as pass rushers and setting the edge. They are more or less useless as OLBs. We don't have a NT. I have no idea why
          we insist on running the 3/4 when in the base system.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
            • Feb 2019
            • Midwest
            • Local 150 operating engineer.
            • Send PM

A great football mind once said don't make big assumptions on where the team is really headed until after week 4. I 100% believe this is good advice.

How bad does the Miami loss look if they put up great numbers all year?

Tenn is likely not great team. But no guarantees they stink it up all season.

I don't like Staley right now. Not buying what he's selling. But If the chargers are 2-2 at the bye and fins are 4-0, Titans 3-1, does that put any perspective on those games? I think so.

There's no guarantee the Bolts can't win two in a row. Titan's might not completely suck. The Fins might be really good.

I'm gritting my teeth, staying away from the ledge. At least until week 5.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah I thought Tranquil was good enough to be our starter for years to come.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Pass defending should be K9's job. Kendricks is supposed to make tackles to stop the run, a big problem we had last year.
                Just hope Henley gets on the field soon, so we'll know what we have in him. Former WR should be good in coverage.

Tranquill on the sidelines for KC. I don't think he was all that. But whatever, we are definitely weak at LB. Bosa/Mack are mostly
                used as pass rushers and setting the edge. They are more or less useless as OLBs. We don't have a NT. I have no idea why

Tranquil had 146 combined tackles last season. KC is slowly easing him into their defense.

K9 is best used as shooting the gaps and if lucky sideline chase downs RBs.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Official music video remastered in HD for 'Jumper' by Third Eye Blind from their 1997 self-titled album 'Third Eye Blind'Celebrate 25 years of Third Eye Blin...
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post
                    A great football mind once said don't make big assumptions on where the team is really headed until after week 4. I 100% believe this is good advice.

How bad does the Miami loss look if they put up great numbers all year?

Tenn is likely not great team. But no guarantees they stink it up all season.

I don't like Staley right now. Not buying what he's selling. But If the chargers are 2-2 at the bye and fins are 4-0, Titans 3-1, does that put any perspective on those games? I think so.

There's no guarantee the Bolts can't win two in a row. Titan's might not completely suck. The Fins might be really good.

I'm gritting my teeth, staying away from the ledge. At least until week 5.
                    The 'Fins loss is explainable. Miami has a great offense. The Chargers still should've won that game, but it's not too deflating of a loss. It was close.

The Titans are a different story. Their offense is below average. The Saints in week 1 held Tannehill to under 50 percent completion and picked him 3 times.

The Chargers' D was doing the same for most of the 1st half of week 2. The Chargers front were having sack parties in the Titans' backfield practically every time Tannehill went back to pass. The Chargers were up 11-0.

Then the Chargers' defense decided to embarrass itself. Letting Treylon Burks get behind them for a 70 yd completion while the Titans had 7 guys on max protect on Tannehill, and letting the Titans' off the hook. Then letting it happen again in the 4th Q for a 50 yd bomb to a nobody WR.

There are no excuses for getting burned by the Titans passing offense, which was 30th last season, averaging 171 yds per game. A week after the Saints' D made Tenn look silly.

I don't know that else to say. The Chargers' defense is an embarrassment right now and our HC was hired specifically because he was supposed to be a great defensive coach.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I think you have it backwards. K9 is best attacking the runner and rushing once in a while. That was all on display last Sunday. Kendricks is smaller and less stout than K9. He’s not a force in the middle

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

I’m on no ledge but Staley sure as hell is.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                          I’m on no ledge but Staley sure as hell is.
                          We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X