• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think one thing became clear to me tonight. Neither Gachkar nor Keiser can play. I mean, what were we thinking?

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

I was pretty encouraged, I loved the way the D was hitting this game, that goes for the backups too, Scafe, Taylor, Addai, Smith, Keiser, Gachkar.

Green better be in some packages with the ones during the season.

I don't like the oline, but it's better than last year and the run blocking, may actually fall into the good category.

Comment

• Zot
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Final score 24-7.
        Couple hic-ups, but that's a double u for the good guys...and McCoy's first one.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          If you can point to where I have flip flopped on my opinions I would gladly take the time to review it.

I have to say that I find some unique comfort seeing that we are beating the Cardinals. I've heard they are expected to finish in the top 4 of their division and from the blocked punt, blocked FG, the fumble of a fumble on a lateral, and the lateral they tried to give away on the Rivers interception lead me to believe we are going against a very well coached team.
          Well, since you have said you think we wil be picking top 5, I would think you would take "unique comfort" anywhere you can get it.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

You know, here's where I net out:

We simply don't have enough depth to compete with a Super Bowl contender's backups. I'm surprised. I blame Telesco.

We didn't play very well in any phase against a borderline NFC playoff team last year. I'm surprised. I blame Teleseco.

We beat a team that might not be all that good. I'm not surprised. I blame Telesco.

On a sidenote, if the Chargers do win a Super Bowl during Telesco's tenure, I will hold Tom Telesco accountable for that as well.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
              Well, since you have said you think we wil be picking top 5, I would think you would take "unique comfort" anywhere you can get it.
              I believe we have a very good chance at picking in the top 5. Even better in the top ten. I have put the range of our wins this regular season between 3 and 6. Currently my prediction is 3. I don't think I will change that before the season since I am already factoring injuries into my prediction. I can say that I think an injury to: Mathews, Luiget, Rivers, Butler, or Weddle to be quite catastrophic to this team as a singular event. I put those names in order, though I could say that I might flip flop 2 and 3. I'm kind of on the fence as to the value of those two to this team. There are other players where an injury to them would have a distinct effect: Gates, Reyes, Cox, Wright, JJ, English and Hardwick quickly come to mind.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Mathews is still a fumbler. Mathews will lose more games for us this year than he wins.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Losing Hardwick would be ugly, which is why I think Center should one area we focus during the cuts.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Mathews is still a fumbler. Mathews will lose more games for us this year than he wins.
                    We have no other option on the roster that can do what he does. If we can't run the ball this offense is in a world of hurt and we could be in the hunt for the first pick in the draft.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
                      Losing Hardwick would be ugly, which is why I think Center should one area we focus during the cuts.
                      Don't even think it. I have no confidence in our backup centers or the ability to find another one for this season.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

This team is building depth this year, we have to go young and inexperience this season and it's going to hurt some but we need to do it. In regards to backups, I'd rather we keep a young player with upside, versus some an older player with none in most cases.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          Maybe, but he looks much better. I really don't like our RB's, but I can't single out anyone that I really dislike, even Brown will have his uses. Fozzy looks like he's making this team, but I can't help but want a bigger back one this squad. Maybe McClain is going to fill that role.

Comment

Working...
                          X