Raiders @ Chargers (-4) vs Pregame Discussion (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t think so, but hey who knows. We’re going to win so it won’t matter.
    Chargers should win because Herbert is still playing but I don't underestimate what a Staley coached defense is capable of.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Off topic from the game. Mark Davis has run that team into the ground. What a disaster what a dumpster fire.

Henry Ruggs drafted over Justin Jefferson.

And some of that is John Gruden.

Tyree Wilson over Jalen Carter. Even if you thought Tuli was better you should’ve drafted him there.

that’s scouting. They might have something with that O Connell kid. We’ll see.

but now the Chandler Jones stuff just a shit organization and he’s running them like shit.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Chargers have to win tomorrow.

it will be O Connell.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
          Off topic from the game. Mark Davis has run that team into the ground. What a disaster what a dumpster fire.

Tyree Wilson over Jalen Carter. Even if you thought Tuli was better you should’ve drafted him there.

but now the Chandler Jones stuff just a shit organization and he’s running them like shit.
          And going back a bit further, don't forget about good old Jalardus Russell among other Raider busts:

image.png

Comment

• rensoul
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Depends on how you look at it.

I think as an owner he's increased his net worth and the value of the franchise substantially by selling out Bay Area fans and moving out of state to Nevada.

So from a business perspective he's done fine. From a football perspective he's done the equivalent of selling the soul of the franchise. Now there is no real hometown crowd, no local tradition, and the team sucks but money wise I would guess they are probably doing better than ever.

I would say it's similar to what the Chargers did leaving SD but the Raiders ended up owning their own stadium and not being renters. At least the Chargers stayed in CA, so fans from CA can still root for a home state team.

Comment

• Bolts0503
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2022
              • Send PM

It feels like the enthusiasm for the Chargers has waned significantly. Secondary market tickets for the game are plentiful and cheap. I think the way they ended up winning against MN further eroded confidence in Staley and the team. I mean it’s the Raiders, afc west game, chance to go 2-2 into the bye and nobody GAF outside us die hards
              The sad fact is the AFC West has become what the AFC East was with Brady. It was never IF the Patriots would clinch but WHEN they would clinch. The other teams were wrecks with maybe someone else being a fringe playoff team. No suspense, no big division games, no buzz. If the Chiefs aren't involved, then no one cares. Ironically, whereas last year, the Chargers became the darlings of Sunday night, won't be surprised if that Bears game and maybe even the Ravens are moved back to 1pm.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Depends on how you look at it.

I think as an owner he's increased his net worth and the value of the franchise substantially by selling out Bay Area fans and moving out of state to Nevada.

So from a business perspective he's done fine. From a football perspective he's done the equivalent of selling the soul of the franchise. Now there is no real hometown crowd, no local tradition, and the team sucks but money wise I would guess they are probably doing better than ever.

I would say it's similar to what the Chargers did leaving SD but the Raiders ended up owning their own stadium and not being renters. At least the Chargers stayed in CA, so fans from CA can still root for a home state team.
                you are spot on. He is making money. That’s exactly what he did. It’s amazing how the NFL bailed him out. He was trying to hitch a ride to L.A. he had no money all football money. No business no company no tech.

that stadium bailed him out. They get concert gate.

Football wise what a joke. It’s not the black hole anymore. There’s not a home field advantage anymore.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And going back a bit further, don't forget about good old Jalardus Russell among other Raider busts:

image.png
                  https://www.therichest.com/sports/10...iders-history/
                  Rolando McClain was a big bust.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    It feels like the enthusiasm for the Chargers has waned significantly. Secondary market tickets for the game are plentiful and cheap. I think they way they ended up winning against MN further eroded confidence in Staley and the team. I mean it’s the Raiders, afc west game, chance to go 2-2 into the bye and nobody GAF outside us die hards
                    Hard to expect anything different.

Mediocre GM who has been here for far too long + 4 shitty HC hirings in a row. The result is a team that constantly underperforms.

Comment

• rensoul
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts0503 View Post

The sad fact is the AFC West has become what the AFC East was with Brady. It was never IF the Patriots would clinch but WHEN they would clinch. The other teams were wrecks with maybe someone else being a fringe playoff team. No suspense, no big division games, no buzz. If the Chiefs aren't involved, then no one cares. Ironically, whereas last year, the Chargers became the darlings of Sunday night, won't be surprised if that Bears game and maybe even the Ravens are moved back to 1pm.

Chargers had a small window to capture a bigger piece of tha LA market and run with it but fumbled it away.

There was real buzz after Herbert's rookie year. Basically had this generation's version of Dan Marino on a rookie contract and a bunch of cap space.

With that they had one of the best job openings a new coach could ask for and they hired a defensive coach with zero experience on any level as a Head Coach and only 1 year of experience as an assistant coach.

What a blown opportunity, with the rookie contract window for Herbert now pretty much closed it's going to be much harder for a new HC/GM to build a competitive roster to compete with KC moving forward.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Chargers had a small window to capture a bigger piece of tha LA market and run with it but fumbled it away.

There was real buzz after Herbert's rookie year. Basically had this generation's version of Dan Marino on a rookie contract and a bunch of cap space.

With that they had one of the best job openings a new coach could ask for and they hired a defensive coach with zero experience on any level as a Head Coach and only 1 year of experience as an assistant coach.

What a blown opportunity, with the rookie contract window for Herbert now pretty much closed it's going to be much harder for a new HC/GM to build a competitive roster to compete with KC moving forward.
                        The Window with LT in his prime was our best shot IMO.

I don't think anything will change until we get a new GM/HC. The owners just refuse to spend the money necessary for proven leadership.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Rolando McClain was a big bust.
                          I'm a bit surprised they didn't list Robert Gallery on that Raider bust list...he was touted as the top OT in the draft, total bust at OT, was barely serviceable as a G...kind of like the Raider version of Fluker...

Comment

Working...
                          X