Clear All
  • mudwhistle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2023
    • Clarksville TN
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Mike Williams Hurt Again.......Torn ACL - Out For The Season

I really love Mike as a person and a player, but he's never been healthy for an entire season. This time he's probably out for the season with a torn ACL and all he did was plant and shift. It wasn't from a hit. Now he's out and it's time to let other players have a chance.

What was Mike Williams really good at? Making those contested catches. The ones with one or two players hanging onto him. The possibility of injury on every catch. But the guy has great hands and Justine Herbert could always count on him to make the catch. Now he's going to be spending the next year getting ready for another opportunity to get hurt.

I think the NFL plays too many games. They should be playing 12 games and that's it. No pre-season games. They need to either expand rosters to 70 players or just cut back on the number of games, because players are getting hurt way too much. They should have the option to substitute players so that these kinds of injuries have a lower possibility of happening. Guys like Mike Williams are talented but they need to be kept on a snap-count. They found out that Joey Bosa is more effective if he's kept on a snap-count. He comes in and he gets a sack. Mike Williams is the same way.

Mike Williams suffered a left knee injury in the Chargers vs Vikings game and was unable to returnNFL and Football Videos:https://youtube.com/playlist?list=P...
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

It seems like he is always hurt, but before yesterday's likely season ending injury he had only missed 5 games in the past 4 seasons.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Why should we be surprised Mike Williams is injured? He was injured a lot in college.

Why should we be surprised JT Woods nearly cost us the game yesterday with another missed tackle? He couldn't tackle in college.

Very few things that happen with this team are surprising. Telesco built a finesse team that does things finesse teams do. Until he's replaced the injuries, chargering, etc will continue.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

MW gives 110% and plays hard. It’s out of his control if he gets injured.

What he can control is how well he plays when he is healthy and he’s been clutch and outstanding.

I wish the best for him.

Now it’s time for QJ to step up because after all, that’s why they drafted him so high.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Seems to be a Deja Vu topic. I'd like to first see if he has a season ending injury first, after the MRI this morning.

Comment

• mudwhistle
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Clarksville TN
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            It seems like he is always hurt, but before yesterday's likely season ending injury he had only missed 5 games in the past 4 seasons.
            Wrong.

He missed 4 games last year alone. He missed one the year before and two the year before that. Two the year before. He only played in 10 his first year. Now that he's older he's going to get hurt a lot more.

Comment

• mudwhistle
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Clarksville TN
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Seems to be a Deja Vu topic. I'd like to first see if he has a season ending injury first, after the MRI this morning.
              Count on it. He's done.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                MW gives 110% and plays hard. It’s out of his control if he gets injured.

What he can control is how well he plays when he is healthy and he’s been clutch and outstanding.

I wish the best for him.

Now it’s time for QJ to step up because after all, that’s why they drafted him so high.
                This and this.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

I hate this thread. This is going to be a very difficult time for Mike Williams, who has always given his all on the field, and fans are on here bashing him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I hate this thread. This is going to be a very difficult time for Mike Williams, who has always given his all on the field, and fans are on here bashing him.
                    I hate it too, but its part of the game. I did consider merging the topic with the Season Discussion, as there hasn't been news besides the post game PC, and somebody else will probably start a topic again.

Comment

• mudwhistle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Clarksville TN
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                      Why should we be surprised Mike Williams is injured? He was injured a lot in college.

Why should we be surprised JT Woods nearly cost us the game yesterday with another missed tackle? He couldn't tackle in college.

Very few things that happen with this team are surprising. Telesco built a finesse team that does things finesse teams do. Until he's replaced the injuries, chargering, etc will continue.
                      Telesco builds finesse teams. He's afraid to draft players that are tough and resilient. He looks for talent first and toughness last. He had the reputation when he was at Indy. He builds teams that get shoved all over the field by tougher teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Francisco, Cleveland, etc. Name the team and I can point out that they had Defenses that will shove us all over the field.

That's why it's idiotic to try for a run up the middle on 4th down close to your own endzone. If I was the owner I would have fired Staley after almost losing the game with that ridiculous call.

It doesn't matter how much talent you have on a team when you have a HC that pulls bonehead plays like Staley did yesterday. He had the game won and yet he literally gift-wrapped a win and gave it to Minn.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I hate it too, but its part of the game. I did consider merging the topic with the Season Discussion, as there hasn't been news besides the post game PC, and somebody else will probably start a topic again.
                        I am not advocating for closing the thread. I just feel that sometimes we as fans treat players like chattel, as if they aren't human. Mike has been a really good player and he is a great teammate. He is human. I feel bad for him, it's devastating to suffer an injury like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X