Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Neither did Dallas. Lukewarm for me but hope for the best. Don't speak well for Doss either.
    Dallas chose these three guys over him for their roster:

The most accurate, up to date NFL Depth Charts and Rosters on the net for reality football, fantasy owners and fans.

The most accurate, up to date NFL Depth Charts and Rosters on the net for reality football, fantasy owners and fans.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/46916/

And this guy over him for their practice squad:

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Ah, the well traveled T-Billy. I wonder what is the commonalty, vs. Simi

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/46916/

And this guy over him for their practice squad:
        https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/player/51700/
        So, for the Boys, it was T-Billy over Fehoko...interesting...

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, for the Boys, it was T-Billy over Fehoko...interesting...
          And for us, it was claiming Fehoko over T-Billy.

I honestly don't know much about him aside from the few scouting reports and articles linked here. He did nothing in his 2 years in Dallas (3 catches for 24 yards) and played in 10 games and didn't make the Steelers despite their less than stellar receiving corp so my expectations are pretty low. But he is a Charger and seems to fit what we like physically so - go Simi!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

you just never know how a guy responds to change. fingers crossed he catches fire here in LAC

Comment

• RollingThunder
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Neither did Dallas. Lukewarm for me but hope for the best. Don't speak well for Doss either.

Had a shoulder injury in 2022 while on Dallas's active roster. This could explain a lot and could have just gotten lost under the shuffle of new picks etc.

Obviously Moore thinks enough about him to bring here over our own practice squad guys. I also think Herbert is a much better QB to take advantage of his skillset than Prescott or Picket is.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Ah, the well traveled T-Billy. I wonder what is the commonalty, vs. Simi
                Both Guyton and T-Billy bounced around various practice squads before the Chargers signed them. Both developed a rapport with Herbert and both played a role in Herbert's success his rookie season. Simi appears to be the most physically talented of the three. Sometimes it just takes the right situation for a player to blossom who came into the league as a project. Simi and Herbert may develop a connection right away.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Had a shoulder injury in 2022 while on Dallas's active roster. This could explain a lot and could have just gotten lost under the shuffle of new picks etc.

Obviously Moore thinks enough about him to bring here over our own practice squad guys. I also think Herbert is a much better QB to take advantage of his skillset than Prescott or Picket is.
                  That's IT. Good find! I wonder about players incurring major injuries while having little to no playing time. Is it a cumulative injury where past hits (from college and high school) have finally rendered one vulnerable to the present or is it just a fluke kind of deal? This is sort of why I have my doubts about Jalen Guyton. I hope it was just a fluke sort of thing for him with his knee.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

That's IT. Good find! I wonder about players incurring major injuries while having little to no playing time. Is it a cumulative injury where past hits (from college and high school) have finally rendered one vulnerable to the present or is it just a fluke kind of deal? This is sort of why I have my doubts about Jalen Guyton. I hope it was just a fluke sort of thing for him with his knee.
                    Jalen is not injury-prone. He's maybe missed 1 game b4 the injury. But he doesnt play a lot of snaps either so his injury-proneness cant be fully calculated.

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Fleet mentioned 0 drops in pre-season. Wonder what the deal is. Perhaps chargers like that he provides special teams value with his size?

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• jox g
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Both Guyton and T-Billy bounced around various practice squads before the Chargers signed them. Both developed a rapport with Herbert and both played a role in Herbert's success his rookie season. Simi appears to be the most physically talented of the three. Sometimes it just takes the right situation for a player to blossom who came into the league as a project. Simi and Herbert may develop a connection right away.
                          Simi: "Ey man - u have looong hair!" Herbert: "Me too!" Connection.

Comment

Working...
                          X