Raiders @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOrvMeNow
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
    I did some scouting Tutu is gonna have a huge day against the Chiefs. Juwan Taylor sucks at right tackle. He can’t stay with Tutu.

I think we’re gonna get thier offensive line. Bosa Tutu and Mack. Rush Bosa up the middle.

the problem with the Chiefs they are soft at tackle. Donovan Smith.

we can get to Mahomes. Jets with Quinen Williams just got to Mahomes Mosley looked like Ray Lewis that was because the DLine.

we got it up front. They receivers are not all that. They are Mahomes and Kelce.

I think our Offense is way better then them. Stayley has beaten them before. We just can’t get caught up in Andy Reid. I’m pumped up for these next two games it’s gonna say a lot about our season.
    And then, the last 6 minutes of the game arrives, and K.C.'s O. will be the only one that sustains drives.

If they beat Dallas, maybe i'll feel differently.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We made Ryan Tannehill look good. Hec every QB we faced looked good.O'Connell will stink next week.
      The Bengals did too.

The secondary is awful, though they have had their moments. I want to draft a CB who won't give opposing teams the easy stuff.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

And then, the last 6 minutes of the game arrives, and K.C.'s O. will be the only one that sustains drives.

If they beat Dallas, maybe i'll feel differently.
        We’re gonna beat Dallas and I’m going take the plus 1 I think we will beat Kansas City to. They are not nearly as good as last season.

missing Juju Smith Shuester who’s the perfect possession receiver. They just don’t have that anymore. Guys double team Kelce. Mahomes is Mahomes but this looks like a team that will be bounced in the wildcard.

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...a lot of people in this forum wanted Daboll over Staley...
          That's really not a good comparison.

The Giants had a trash roster last season and still do and Daboll did something Staley hasn't done, win a road playoff game in his first year.

It's not apples to apples, the Chargers opening had Herbert in the 2nd year of a rookie deal, a ton of cap space and some good players sprinkled on the roster. The Giants roster has been a disaster in comparison.

Not sure if people realize how much of a difference Herbert makes, the defense was 29th, 21st, and somewhere in the 20's this season.

This is a ten plus loss team without an elite Qb the last couple of years.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

So...I keep hearing that Clapp didnt do too shabby...I wasnt dissecting individual olineman while watching the game, but the general feeling I had was that we lost push in the run game, a lot more pressure on passing downs, including at least one untouched blitzer up the middle, while Clapp was doubling on a guy with Zion...I mean, I dunno...eye test on the oline wasnt great...and the variable that changed was Clapp...

I know alot of the pressure came from an elite Crosby, and that really isnt on Clapp, true...

Hopefully Im wrong, and Clapp isnt terrible, cuz even average OC performance and some minor adjustments could save this offense.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              So...I keep hearing that Clapp didnt do too shabby...I wasnt dissecting individual olineman while watching the game, but the general feeling I had was that we lost push in the run game, a lot more pressure on passing downs, including at least one untouched blitzer up the middle, while Clapp was doubling on a guy with Zion...I mean, I dunno...eye test on the oline wasnt great...and the variable that changed was Clapp...

I know alot of the pressure came from an elite Crosby, and that really isnt on Clapp, true...

Hopefully Im wrong, and Clapp isnt terrible, cuz even average OC performance and some minor adjustments could save this offense.
              My take was he was ok. Not as solid as Linsley, obviously - he’s a backup. But the pocket was not constantly collapsing in Herbie’s lap every play like a year ago when he stepped in. Better overall OG work around him helped some.

Crosby was the bigger problem. He does that to most teams. They didn’t scheme enough chipping and doubles, but bigger problem was when they did our TEs whiffed most of the time. Someone posted the PFF list of worst, and the top (bottom) of the list was Smartt and McKitty - thats the Crosby Effect.

We can survive with Clapp, is my takeaway.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

This defense already faced Juwan Taylor in the playoffs in Jacksonville last year and did nothing against him. And now that he's in KC he's allowed to hold every snap like this:

The chiefs will run for close to 200 on this defense and if you manage to keep the game close in the 4th quarter you know what happens with the officiating.

This officiating bullshit with the chiefs will continue until coaches man up and start talking about it in the press conferences like Bosa did last year after that jacksonville game. We all see it and know it's a problem but the coaches are pussies and won't take the fine.

In fact I'll put that as a pre-requisite for the next head coach - I want a coach who will go into a press conference and be willing to take the the fine after getting screwed over by the officials vs the Chiefs. Someone like Sean Payton or Parcells has no problem doing that because they're already rich and don't care. All these younger coaches are married with young kids and when it comes down to it they ain't got the cajones.​

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                  This defense already faced Juwan Taylor in the playoffs in Jacksonville last year and did nothing against him. And now that he's in KC he's allowed to hold every snap like this:

The chiefs will run for close to 200 on this defense and if you manage to keep the game close in the 4th quarter you know what happens with the officiating.

This officiating bullshit with the chiefs will continue until coaches man up and start talking about it in the press conferences like Bosa did last year after that jacksonville game. We all see it and know it's a problem but the coaches are pussies and won't take the fine.

In fact I'll put that as a pre-requisite for the next head coach - I want a coach who will go into a press conference and be willing to take the the fine after getting screwed over by the officials vs the Chiefs. Someone like Sean Payton or Parcells has no problem doing that because they're already rich and don't care. All these younger coaches are married with young kids and when it comes down to it they ain't got the cajones.​
                  You can paste those twitter links in the Twitter BBcode icon. The little birdy icon from the posting field.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers vs. Chargering View Post

English 101

I am = I'm
                    I will = I'll

Staley's defense = StaleD

Are we grammar policing here? Am i missing something? If so lets not do these things here. Not a fan of it. Not everyone edits their stuff.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think we need to repost the Chiefs getting away with obvious penalties every where we can.

I hope Joey Bosa keeps his cool when Juwan Taylor gets away with false starts and obvious holding.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

PDVD_008.jpg Whenever I see Maxx Crosby I think of William Smith, the actor who played the most menacing bad a** mofos on film in the '70s and '80s. He was Falconetti in Rich Man Poor Man. I know this way before your time if you under 50, but Falconetti is one of most brutal bad guys in film history.

William Smith was 6-4 and body builder with a ripped body who was masterful and playing characters who were off-kilter mentally. Your worst nightmare was meeting him in a dark alley. He could f*ck you up just with his stare. Crosby has that look IMO. That look of absolute menace. This pic of Smith was before he played Falconetti in of the biker movies he did in the '60s, when he was closer to Crosby's age. licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr9pV841w8DEDwjl10pNv37MMMi-RSZZ7h1W9Qk3IYTRqY1PhY5e13fwm2m6gmLgaD_N2zohg6uerhsuE.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          I think we need to repost the Chiefs getting away with obvious penalties every where we can.

I hope Joey Bosa keeps his cool when Juwan Taylor gets away with false starts and obvious holding.

TG
                          This. Going all mega-Hulk about it won’t help anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X