Cowboys @ Chargers (-3) Pregame Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Cowboys @ Chargers (-3) Pregame Discussion (Wk 6)

MNF Oct. 16 at SoFi.

Are you surprised the Chargers are 3 point favorites? I am a little bit.

The Cowboys play the 49ers in Santa Clara on SNF the week before this game. I believe I read the Cowboys will not return to Dallas, they will stay on the West Coast, though I don't know for sure and I can't find confirmation. But if so, they are going to be away from home for a long time, and if the 49ers beat them up they could arrive at SoFi a bit worn out. Meanwhile the Chargers will be well-rested and in their home stadium. So maybe that explains Vegas' thinking on this spread.

The Chargers *should* be in pretty good shape injury-wise for this game. Herbert's finger will heal and Parham's injury is only a sprain, so I'm assuming he will play. Ekeler, Bosa, Derwin and Gillman should be healthy and ready for this game too. Guyton too maybe? Simi Fehoko? No Linsley, but Clap is filling in admirably at center. Moore will be going against his old team and will be motivated. Moore will also be able to help Staley prepare a defensive game plan - nobody knows Dak better than Moore.

I like the Chargers' chances in this game.

View the best Cowboys vs Chargers odds, betting trends, and line movements for 04/28/2024. We've got their head to head and last 10 game results.
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Q's breakout game
    >100yards TD

next 4th and short will be play-action shot to D12D

LAC over DAL 31 to 27
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• AFboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Balboa Park bench
      • Medical Simulation
      • Send PM

Get everyone healthy, Moore's going to be fired up. Open the playbook...

Comment

• rensoul
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Usually teams seem pretty beat up after playing SF whether they win or lose.

That coupled with coming off a bye and playing at home can't ask for much more.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

If Dallas beats SF the line will most likely change. 3 points indicates a toss up game. We get 3 because we are the home team.
          Playing at Dallas it would be other way around.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Here's to hoping that the 49ers beat the crap out of them like they do most teams and it carries over into the following week against us.

This will be very interesting as McCarthy knows what Moores wants to do on O and how will we counter that with an extra week to prepare.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm not thinking about Dallas...we need to win the Bye week. First ,get all those that have gotten dinged up, fixed. Second find a reliable punter. Scott isn't helping us only netting30 yds, we want him to flip the field. And third, no stupid stuff by anyone on the Team

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                I'm not thinking about Dallas...we need to win the Bye week. First ,get all those that have gotten dinged up, fixed. Second find a reliable punter. Scott isn't helping us only netting30 yds, we want him to flip the field. And third, no stupid stuff by anyone on the Team

I would be ecstatic if they at least attempted to find another punter. That would indicate them maybe being a little more proactive on our current needs. Not holding my breath.

Comment

• rensoul
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Here's to hoping that the 49ers beat the crap out of them like they do most teams and it carries over into the following week against us.

This will be very interesting as McCarthy knows what Moores wants to do on O and how will we counter that with an extra week to prepare.
                  I think SF/Dallas will have a bit of a playoff atmosphere to it so they should beat each other up pretty good.
                  It's a good time to play them, they'll be on the road and after SF there's a good chance of a let down game from them.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I think SF/Dallas will have a bit of a playoff atmosphere to it so they should beat each other up pretty good.
                    It's a good time to play them, they'll be on the road and after SF there's a good chance of a let down game from them.
                    It might would be better to have the Cowboys beat 49ers. It could cause them to overlook us.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

It's not really a home game when at least 51% of the fans will be Cowboy fans. (Same thing would happen Cowboys at Rams)

Comment

• YAC
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2023
                        • Send PM

Just a hunch based on the nature of things.

Cowboys beat 49ers
                        Chargers beat the Cowboys

Comment

Working...
                        X