• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Keenan Allen is number 3 in the league in total yards to date and he’s played one less game then the 2 ahead of him.

The team is just fine with the receivers it has.

What the offense needs more than another speedy receiver is an OL that gives Herbert time for his reads and delivery.
    Chip! Chip!!

Comment

• Venturafan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Send PM

When do you any of our wr's get open deep? How often do we see our tall receivers reach above the defender and catch the ball? I'm reminded of that game last year (kc or vegas) where williams went deep close to endzone. Got a perfect pass but he didnt jump and twist to face the ball. He reached up with one hand and the ball clunked off of it. Was a chance to win the game if i remember correctly.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Venturafan View Post
        When do you any of our wr's get open deep? How often do we see our tall receivers reach above the defender and catch the ball? I'm reminded of that game last year (kc or vegas) where williams went deep close to endzone. Got a perfect pass but he didnt jump and twist to face the ball. He reached up with one hand and the ball clunked off of it. Was a chance to win the game if i remember correctly.
        Mike Williams gets open deep frequently. We have DD and Guyton is returning to the fold soon. Plus QJ has speed; I've seen him open deep on multiple occasions.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

QJ is suffering the same way Palmer did his first season or two: playing behind MW and KA is gonna drop the looks any WR gets, even if they do get open a lot (like QJ, Palmer was frequently open as a WR3, but only rarely got the ball thrown his way).

Patience. And numbers: with MW out, Moore will have to get the younger guys more involved if he wants to win games.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            QJ is suffering the same way Palmer did his first season or two: playing behind MW and KA is gonna drop the looks any WR gets, even if they do get open a lot (like QJ, Palmer was frequently open as a WR3, but only rarely got the ball thrown his way).

Patience. And numbers: with MW out, Moore will have to get the younger guys more involved if he wants to win games.
            If a QB follows his play design and progressions, WR3 and WR4 is unlikely to see a ball often if WR1 or WR2 are open. Our WR1 has been getting open a hella lot so far this year, in case everyone didn’t notice.

Q needs more reps, more time. guys that wrote him off as a bust before he had a chance are going to look silly.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Mike Williams gets open deep frequently. We have DD and Guyton is returning to the fold soon. Plus QJ has speed; I've seen him open deep on multiple occasions.
              He is the fastest guy in the NFL and college. You cannot get faster than the fastest. We just need to find a few more creative ways to get him the ball.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

We’ve had two weeks to integrate DD into the offense. Did we? Tomorrow we find out.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

MW runs a +4.50 so not really fast but is aggressive in using his size to get upfield. As a DB if that big WR bumps you he'll gain separation. That or the play call fools you creating broken coverage.

But the key is MW is aggressive in getting upfield. Something QJ needs to start doing.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Both Davis and QJ have speed, get them involved!
                    So far, QJ doesn’t have long ball catch ability, nor long ball route running skills. What few passes deep from Herbert to him weren’t even close.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Palmer out for Monday nite?

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Questionable, groin.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          if so then QJ needs to bring his A game BIG TIME.

Comment

Working...
                          X