Chargers (+6) @ Chiefs Pregame Discussion (Wk 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
    Is there a reason that they don't play JH under center more? Could doing this jumpstart the offense a little bit by doing something different for a change? Waiting for our running backs to get up a head of steam just doesn't seem to pan out a lot.
    I would guess it's due to the finger injury that they are going to limit how often he's under center until it heals up.

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut2 View Post

Sorry, I don't do exciting anymore. Moore's offense has looked less and less like what I thought it would look like. Maybe he'll get Herbert to see the whole field...? Maybe he'll start using DD in creative ways...?
      I don't think it's going to change a lot until the interior of the O-line gets sorted out.
      I'm going off of last season's games when Lindsley was out and Clapp was in. Herbert and the offense didn't look good in those games either.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I don't think it's going to change a lot until the interior of the O-line gets sorted out.
        I'm going off of last season's games when Lindsley was out and Clapp was in. Herbert and the offense didn't look good in those games either.
        And yet, Telesco doubled down and brought Clapp back when we all saw last year without Linsley - what happened.

Its just repeated every yeear - the guy cannot build a 53 man roster. Key words: FIFTY THREE

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Ooops...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

A smart GM would have at least brought in a serviceable FA C as a backup...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

A smart GM would have at least brought in a serviceable FA C as a backup...
              If you look at the roster - -its a gut job if this thing doesn't turn around and that means a win this sunday. literally the season is riding on sunday

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

How can they win Sunday with no running game, JH running for his life and with DB's playing 10 yards of the WR? Line of scrimmage game. KC excels at that. And they have a great QB, TE and COACHES!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Defenses have optimized to shut down the old man style vertical football most teams play (Kellen Moore included). What Miami is doing (and to a lesser extent S.F.) is changing the game and in 5 years everyone will be or trying to play that style of ball. They have good players but its not so much the players but the scheme - running the ball wide in a variety of ways with tons of misdirection and throwing the ball off that. Miami doesn’t even have a good Oline and lead the league in rushing by a huge margin and Raheem Mostert has played on like 10 different teams so it’s not like he’s some franchise guy. The next evolution of that will probably be putting running QBs in that scheme. Imagine Miamis offense with Lamar Jackson at Qb

I won’t be surprised if Lane Kiffin gets another NFL job offer as he’s shown a lot of forward thinking with what he’s done with that ole miss offense. Teams are gonna be looking for guys to implement forward thinking schemes unfortunately in the NFL there’s really only a couple of real forward thinkers: Kyle shanahan and Mike McDaniel. Everyone else is just a copycat.
                  Having 3 receivers that run 4.3x helps keep defenders out of the box, perhaps. They have a 4.3 RB too, now that I think about it. Chargers need more skill speed to execute the play-wide crossing routes "try to chase me" offense effectively imo. There are ways to win - our great Chargers will show the world in 2 days
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Having 3 receivers that run 4.3x helps keep defenders out of the box, perhaps. They have a 4.3 RB too, now that I think about it. Chargers need more skill speed to execute the play-wide crossing routes "try to chase me" offense effectively imo. There are ways to win - our great Chargers will show the world in 2 days
                    Translated the Dolphin's GM knows how to put a roster together to win games and the Chargers GM doesn't. Chargering = the combo of TT & Staley

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                      How can they win Sunday with no running game, JH running for his life and with DB's playing 10 yards of the WR? Line of scrimmage game. KC excels at that. And they have a great QB, TE and COACHES!
                      No running game? We have a RB who believes he is worth 10 million per year? Its time for our 10 million dollar RB to put up one of his games where he has multi TD's and over a 100 yards he usually has these sort of games 2 or 3 times a year.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

This guy calls it.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Translated the Dolphin's GM knows how to put a roster together to win games and the Chargers GM doesn't. Chargering = the combo of TT & Staley
                          We've "Chargered" under Spanos and Klein. We were American Football League Champions under Barron Hilton

Comment

Working...
                          X