• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sufan144
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Jalen Guyton wide receiver help.

With the injury to Mike Williams, the Chargers could definitely use some help at wide receiver. Does anyone have any information on Guyton? Returning as well as any trade rumors. Sorry if this has already been posted or discussed.
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Nothing like hoping that a basically undrafted journeyman WR will save the day!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

I welcome Guyton back as soon as he is able to return. I'm one of his biggest promoters on this board.

But I don't think WR is a problem. One of the positive things to come out of last night's debacle is Josh Palmer taking a step forward, making several amazing plays to prove he has arrived as a worthy #2 to Keenan Allen.

I'm sorry to say that it was Herbert who was the problem last night, missing Keenan on a couple of throws that could've changed the outcome of the game.

But, to this thread, I really want to see Guyton play again this season. It will give Herbert one more WR he is familiar with and trusts, and with whom he has a deep connection with.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Jalen who? and why would you want a WR when our QB barely has any time to look for a WR? what we need is a solid OL... stop dreaming about the Air Coryell days... we need a goddamned OL...

F**k Telesco and Staley!

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Jalen is a JAG like most players on this team.

let Steve Smith explain.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Loved watching Steve Smith play and I wanted him on the Chargers probably best for him that didn’t happen.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Can Guyton get down the field in less that three seconds? That’s about how much time Justin has right now.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He tore his ACL in week 3 last year. With modern surgical repair and rehab techniques these days...it's kinda odd he's not back yet. I'm not going to speculate, but he's probably simply not ready yet.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

The Chargers can activate his 21-day practice window, something Staley said could happen soon.

"We will update you when we open up that window, but he's progressing," Staley said Monday on Guyton.

If Guyton returns in the coming weeks, perhaps that bumps Fehoko off the active roster. Either way, the Bolts seem to have more wide receiver depth this season than they did a year ago.
                  -Eric Smith Oct 04, 2023
                  ​
                  Chargers signing Simi Fehoko is bad news for Jalen Guyton

Jalen Guyton is recovering from a torn ACL that he suffered in Week 3 of the 2022 season. Guyton was placed on the PUP list to start the 2023 season and could have returned to action after the bye in Week 6.

By being placed on the PUP list, Guyton was forced to miss at least four games. With the Chargers having a bye week in Week 5, it seemingly lined up perfectly for the speedy receiver to return in Week 6 when the Chargers take on the Cowboys.

Signing Fehoko complicates that. It seems unlikely that the Chargers would use the roster space and money required to sign Fehoko to only play one game. If Guyton is really going to return in Week 6 there will not be room for Fehoko on the roster as there are not any other positions the Chargers can trim a roster spot from.

If Guyton was on pace to return in Week 6 then the Chargers could have just utilized a practice squad elevation in Week 4 against the Raiders. Keelan Doss, who had a good preseason and has special teams value, could have been elevated in Week 4 to bridge the gap for now until Guyton can return.

That is obviously not the direction the Chargers went in, which could mean one of two things. First, Guyton may not actually return in Week 6, marking the importance of bringing Fehoko in so he can provide depth for multiple weeks. Or, the Chargers simply brought Fehoko in to get some kind of intel on Dallas ahead of Week 6. But with Moore on the staff, that reason seems unlikely.
                  -Jason Reed
                  ​

I've been really looking forward to Guyton's return for weeks, even months now. The Chargers really need Allen and Williams on the field at the same time. Without Williams, the Chargers struggle a lot more. Palmer has shown he can be the Robin to Keenan's Batman, and Guyton is a solid #3. He can give the Chargers a lot more than Johnston and Davis have shown thus far. The question will be if Guyton comes back at full speed, or if he's lost a step. His return has now taken longer than hoped, and given that he hasn't entered the 21-day practice window yet... is worrying.

I hope he's been studying the playbook and watching tape while he rehabs, so he's 100% ready to go when he gets the green light. I just hope the season isn't lost by the time he gets back.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I'm not convinced a healthy Guyton was ever a number 3 receiver. He is limited as a WR and a bad run blocker so the occasional deep ball is about all he is good for. Don't get me wrong - we could use that, but it's not like he was ever something special. He has 61 catches in 38 games played.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I'm not convinced a healthy Guyton was ever a number 3 receiver. He is limited as a WR and a bad run blocker so the occasional deep ball is about all he is good for. Don't get me wrong - we could use that, but it's not like he was ever something special. He has 61 catches in 38 games played.
                      How many yards ?

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Guyton IS a JAG
                        AND invaluable to Herbert because of CHEMISTRY
                        chemistry is constantly overlooked, and it's the biggest reason why Herbert can utilize a JAG like Guyton while a first round talent like QJ sits on his hands.

Wts idk if Guyton returns to form. I suspect he needs to be at or close to 100% to truly pick up with Herbert where he left off
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                        X