Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Tell you what. Watch the series and then tell me you prefer the McShit we have.
    I never said I prefer MM over anyone, I was just recounting how the process played out at the time. I think most of us were happy with the turnaround of Rivers and felt the team was going in the right direction after Year 1? I don't have any pay TV subscriptions or streaming services so won't be watching the series - but trust your word they document every weakness and fuckup since we hired McCoy and after 3 seasons Arians had more success. With Wiz back and new line coaches and some better players on both lines, I'm expecting at least as good a year as 2013. Nothing else will be acceptable and MM deserves the boot if we suck again.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I have frustrations for McCoy, in that he is very conservative minded.

However, I do not lay all the blame at his doorstep. The Oline injuries have been brutal. I think adding Whisenhunt back will help the offense.

I'm hopeful for a turnaround, I'm expecting a middle of the road season, but I guess we'll see.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I still like Mccoy. Its his first stint as a HC. He is going to make a few mistakes. There is also a lot outside of his control but he like all other HC are given full responsibility for the outcomes of a season. He started with a medicre roster and i actually liked some of the moves he and TT made. Injuries have killed us though. I have no doubt if we had 1/2 the major injuries to our OL and we would have faired far better last year and the year prior. Losing your RBs so early 2 years ago with the OL was decimating. Only so much we can do with a collapse due to injury like that...plus retirings of key OL too. But if you want to burn him at the stake go ahead...haters gunna hate.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

This guy thinks we have (almost) nothing (Falcons' blogger). At least he's apologetic.

the San Diego Chargers loom as a genuine respite from difficult football"

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Interesting facts:

Chargers' 4 wins last season were the result of the team scoring 30 or more points. The team lost 12 games scoring 29 points or less.
            Chargers beat teams with 7, 6, 5, and 3 wins last year.
            Chargers lost to teams with 5,6,7,7, and all others with more than 7 wins.
            Chargers got hammered by their division rivals, scoring 29, 20, 7, 3, 3, and 3 points in those losses. The 29 points scored were in the garbage half against the Raiders.

IMO, Chargers quirky offense pummels teams that aren't prepared for it (like the Lions last year), but the AFC West has figured it out. Expect more of the same without some fundamental adjustments to this offensive system.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
              Interesting facts:

Chargers' 4 wins last season were the result of the team scoring 30 or more points. The team lost 12 games scoring 29 points or less.
              Chargers beat teams with 7, 6, 5, and 3 wins last year.
              Chargers lost to teams with 5,6,7,7, and all others with more than 7 wins.
              Chargers got hammered by their division rivals, scoring 29, 20, 7, 3, 3, and 3 points in those losses. The 29 points scored were in the garbage half against the Raiders.

IMO, Chargers quirky offense pummels teams that aren't prepared for it (like the Lions last year), but the AFC West has figured it out. Expect more of the same without some fundamental adjustments to this offensive system.
              You mean "fundamental adjustments" like returning to the 2013 Formula with Wiz as our OC, a healthy OL that can actually run block, and no RBs on IR?

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                You mean "fundamental adjustments" like returning to the 2013 Formula with Wiz as our OC, a healthy OL that can actually run block, and no RBs on IR?
                Fundamental adjustments like adding something new to the offense. The other teams in the AFC West have figured this offense out.
                Prediction:
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Fundamental adjustments like adding something new to the offense. The other teams in the AFC West have figured this offense out.
                  I didn't see any evidence anyone figured out the 2013 version Wiz ran, or if they did were mostly unable to stop it. Last 2 years with Reich was more predictable, and injuries to OL and RBs really limited what he could call, even when he thought he knew what would work. They don't get a pass for the last 2 years, but I'll be shocked if this year's offense doesn't look a whole lot more like 2013 than 2014/15 did. Of course injuries could be the great equalizer.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    I didn't see any evidence anyone figured out the 2013 version Wiz ran, or if they did were mostly unable to stop it. Last 2 years with Reich was more predictable, and injuries to OL and RBs really limited what he could call, even when he thought he knew what would work. They don't get a pass for the last 2 years, but I'll be shocked if this year's offense doesn't look a whole lot more like 2013 than 2014/15 did. Of course injuries could be the great equalizer.
                    2013 was a very fun season to watch, but it's in the past and Wiz needs to change quite a few things about the offense to keep the opposing side from being so dialed in to what the Chargers are doing.
                    Prediction:

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

2013 was a very fun season to watch, but it's in the past and Wiz needs to change quite a few things about the offense to keep the opposing side from being so dialed in to what the Chargers are doing.
                      Or maybe they should just demand better execution of the plays.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        Or maybe they should just demand better execution of the plays.
                        Watch the Oakland games and see how dialed in the Oakland MLB was to whatever Woodhead was doing.

Could be an overall athleticism or injury issues as well. However, it seemed to me like all their AFC West opponents had the Charger playbook memorized.
                        Last edited by KNSD; 07-13-2016, 04:23 PM.
                        Prediction:

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Watch the Oakland games and see how dialed in the Oakland MLB was to whatever Woodhead was doing.
                          And what did we do to block him when we knew he was coming?
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X