• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Great story, I am still on the McCoy fan bus along with you.

Anyone ruining this thread by mouthing off on him better be ready to be McCoyed.

Comment

• Screeme
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Happy Anniversary, sir!

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

It's easy to critique the coaches but sounds like he's genuinely a nice guy. Great story

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Cool story and Happy Anniversary. Thing is , he is a nice guy but i dont want a nice guy on the football field. Go for the throat!

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Cool story and Happy Anniversary. Thing is , he is a nice guy but i dont want a nice guy on the football field. Go for the throat!
            Coryell would have stomped over and threw Rich and the Mrs into the water then took a picture of them. I can visualise the scowl on his face. Honestly though you can have a killer instinct on Sunday's and still be a nice person. See; Singletary, Mike

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Great story, Rich. I am not surprised that McCoy is a genuine, nice guy. Thank you for sharing it -- reminds us all that the guys we watch on TV, read about, criticize are actual human beings.

I only wish you could have met Herr Schottenheimer. It would have gone something like this....

Rich and Mrs Rich: "Hi Coach. Great to meet you, its our anniversary"
              Marty: "Take a knee folks. I may just be an English major, but let me share a few thoughts with you. I could see a gleam when I first saw you taking pictures. There was a gleam. Those two little letters, w and e, can be so powerful in any team and a marriage is really a team, isn't it? W and e can be used in spelling weinerschnitzel and that is one of my favorite foods and what I like to eat on my anniversary. But in the end, in the final analysis, what will be written down, what you will be remembered by, one day at a time, is that we are all winners. We are all winners. (Tears up)"

Or how about Herm Edwards:
              Rich and Mrs Rich: "Hi Coach. Great to meet you, its our anniversary"
              Herm: "Anniversary! Anniversary you say?! That's terrific. Reminds me of when you was a kid, you saved all your money from selling melted fat from possums you caught, and you finally got to buy yourself that box of cracker jacks from the window in the hardware store. You didn't know what kind of prize would be in there, but you knew there was one, yes you did. Maybe it would be sticker, maybe a tattoo, maybe a real police radio with a 7 foot whip antenna. But you saved and you bought. You saved and you bought. And that is what life is, police radios and whip antennas. Next time you both get married, think about ol'Coach Herm and remember the police radio."

PS - happy belated anniversary

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Rep for Heatmiser!

As a follow up, my wife found his wife on Facebook and sent her a note thanking her and the two have been having a nice back and forth. Very nice people.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Rich, congrats on your anniversary.

In your 15 min chat did you advise him to drop the same running play 3X at the goal line (vs Wash in 2013) strategy? If not, maybe your wife can FB message it to his wife.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

In your 15 min chat did you advise him to drop the same running play 3X at the goal line (vs Wash in 2013) strategy? If not, maybe your wife can FB message it to his wife.
                    Golden!
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

That is a great story! Thanks Rich.
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Rich, I hope you copy and paste this story for the U/T. I think folks would get a kick out of it. It might even help persuade some on the fence stadium voters.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

Haha - no, but I did ask if he had ever Rivers cuss and he laughed and said absolutely not. I also asked him how distracting the stadium situation has been and he said it is out of his control so he doesn't pay attention to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X