CHARGERS FANS ASSEMBLE (Please help out a high schooler with her Ethnography project)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ethnography project
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2023
    • Send PM

CHARGERS FANS ASSEMBLE (Please help out a high schooler with her Ethnography project)

Hi! I am sorry that this isn't exactly about the Chargers, but I'm a high school student and I am trying to complete my Ethnography Project over the L.A. Chargers fanbase because my father is a huge fan and I thought it would be interesting. If you wouldn't mind answering the questions below, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! (Please don't take offence to any of the questions, they are purely there to help me with my project.)
    1. Why have you stayed loyal to the Los Angeles Chargers?
    2. If the Chargers became the worst team in the league, how would you react?
    3. What do you think should the Chargers change to win more games?
    4. Do you think the Los Angeles Chargers still have a chance at making it to the finals?
    5. If you could coach the Chargers, what would you do differently from Coach Brandon Staley, Chargers' Head Coach, to lead them to success?
    6. Do you think the L.A. Chargers would have a better season if they didn't have some of their key players out due to injuries?
    7. ​What do you think the Chargers' record will be at the end of the season?​
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Good luck on your project and I will answer. Just for the record, I just refer to them as the Chargers - they will always be the San Diego Chargers !

1) I tried rooting for other teams - just nothing like being a Bolts fan. Grew up a Bolts fan - watching games with my Pops, going to the Murph, San Diego Super Chargers - so I am loyal to the Chargers

2) Has already happened. Were 1-15 and had the first pick. Had years where Craig whelihan was QB -- so many of us have been to the bottom

3) Owners -- if the owners would sell, that would be the first thing. Second, thing -- if not that fire Telesco and Staley and hire an experienced HC like Harbaugh

4) Not this year - no chance

5) I would hope to be a coach that sees the talent and makes a scheme and not the other way around

6) Yes - but thats reality

7) 7-10

Good luck!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Is it a therapy ?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ethnography project View Post
        Hi! I am sorry that this isn't exactly about the Chargers, but I'm a high school student and I am trying to complete my Ethnography Project over the L.A. Chargers fanbase because my father is a huge fan and I thought it would be interesting. If you wouldn't mind answering the questions below, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! (Please don't take offence to any of the questions, they are purely there to help me with my project.)
          shows and builds character.
          Nunc Coepi
          continue to invest in the OL and secondary
        4. Do you think the Los Angeles Chargers still have a chance at making it to the finals?
          I know what you meant. Yes. "Any given Sunday"
        5. If you could coach the Chargers, what would you do differently from Coach Brandon Staley, Chargers' Head Coach, to lead them to success?
          Simplify the defense, take more risks on the backend by defending the middle of the field (generally).
        6. Do you think the L.A. Chargers would have a better season if they didn't have some of their key players out due to injuries?
          Injuries are always part of the game but of course. Same could be said for 31 other teams.
          10-7
        Thank you.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

1. Why have you stayed loyal to the Los Angeles Chargers? I love NFL football and can't see myself rooting for another team. I've been a fan of San Diego Chargers football since 1975. I prefer that you call them the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles. San Diego native.

If the Chargers became the worst team in the league, how would you react? Been there, done that. I would still be a fan. I might even be excited about the NFL draft. I sat in the rain at The Murph and watched the draft on the stadium JumboTron with other Chargers fans as the San Diego Chargers selected LaDanian Tomlinson and Drew Brees (1st and 2nd round). 2001 NFL draft.​​

3. What do you think should the Chargers change to win more games? Sell the team and move back to San Diego.

Do you think the Los Angeles Chargers still have a chance at making it to the finals? Yes, every year.

5. If you could coach the Chargers, what would you do differently from Coach Brandon Staley, Chargers' Head Coach, to lead them to success? Put every single player that has given up on the season on the bench and let hungry, motivated players have their shot.If this isn't your dream, let someone else try.

Do you think the L.A. Chargers would have a better season if they didn't have some of their key players out due to injuries? Yes. Corey Linsley being the best example.

7. What do you think the Chargers' record will be at the end of the season?​ 10-7​​

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Love this, pumped to reply.

1. After living in San Diego for 7 years i fell in love. I guess its an abusive relationship
            2. My fandom started in 1999. Ive seen them be the worst in the NFL and recover.
            3. Play Press man coverage on defense. Use Max protect on offense.
            4. YES
            5. I like the changes Staley has made, its hard to win in the NFL
            6. Yes. its the same song every year (Herb playing through injuries is just as bad)
            7. 12-5

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

1. Your team is your team...simple loyalty. The success of the team is far more gratifying when you arent a bandwagon fan. I know, because thats how I do college ball, since Illinois sucks, lol...
              2. With hope and anticipation on the rebuild...
              3. Simplify defense, and tell Herbert to just uncork it and play like its fun...vs playing not to lose.
              4. Yes...but very slim.
              5. Simplify defense, open up the offense with a random mix of quick hitting slants and in stride seam routes to attack the middle of the field. Keep those LBs and Safetys on their heels, and your outside routes and running game become viable. THEN you can marry the run and pass. Get the ball out fast, or roll out.
              6. Yes. Bosa, Linsley, Alohi...gimme half the snaps they missed, we win at least 1, maybe 2 more games.
              7. Still could hit 10 and 7, but I got KC laying down in the final game. I think we take one of the games vs Ravens, Lions, Bills...but Charger one of the games we should win, like vs NE, or maybe Raiders...thats 3 more losses heading into the KC game.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Is the OP British?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Is the OP British?
                  Based on the IP address...probably not.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

I have two teenage daughters so I will help out.

1. Not sure, I have questioned this myself. While they have provided me with a lot of great memories, they have given me way more agony.
                    2. They have been the worst team in football before and have been very close many other times. I would just accept it, blame the crappy owners and look forward to next year. Like I always do!
                    3. The whole culture. We have had different coaches, different players, different staffs and yet it always seems to end the same way. In disappointment. The whole culture of the organization needs to change, starting with ownership.
                    4. Not this year. Just have too many weak players in key positions.
                    5. I would be more aggressive both offensively and defensively. Season is close to going down the drain so might as well open it up a bit a see what happens.
                    6. Yes for sure. But still would not be good enough to win it all.
                    7. 7-10.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Based on the IP address...probably not.
                      I asked because "offence" is a British spelling of the word.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                        Let's do this!
                        • Aug 2022
                        • Raleigh N. Carolina
                        • Send PM

Hi! I am sorry that this isn't exactly
                        1. Why have you stayed loyal to the Los
                          Angeles Chargers?

I became a fan as an 8 year old in 1975 and have stayed loyal despite moves all over the country. My late father was a huge San Diego fan and it helps me stay connected to him.
                        1. If the Chargers became the worst team in the league, how would you react?

they often are! Same level of Fandom for me, would probably post here less often.
                        1. What do you think should the Chargers change to win more games?

coaches, gm and ownership.
                        1. Do you think the Los Angeles Chargers still have a chance at making it to the finals?

assuming you mean the Superbowl. No.
                        1. If you could coach the Chargers, what would you do differently from Coach Brandon Staley, Chargers' Head Coach, to lead them to success?

almost everything, better in game adjustments, change scheme and game plan by opponents strength.
                        1. Do you think the L.A. Chargers would have a better season if they didn't have some of their key players out due to injuries?

yes, but better depth and better drafting would help with this
                        1. ​What do you think the Chargers' record will be at the end of the season?​
                        9-8

Comment

Working...
                        X