Chargers (-1.5) at Jets Pregame Discussion (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Texans rookie Tank Dell has 28 catches for 454 yds and 4 TDs. He got wide open for CJ Stroud during that incredible drive to win the game for the Texans today, getting open on the opposite sideline for a long gain and getting out of bounds. The next play Stroud hit him in the back of the end zone, he was wide open again and leapt to make the catch. I don't know how he is beating press coverage. He's only 5-foot-8.3 inches 165 lbs - exactly the same height/weight as Derius Davis. Dell's 40 time was 4.49 to Davis' 4.36. Dell was drafted with the first pick of the 3rd round - 69th.

I hope Moore is paying attention to how Houston is using Dell and designs plays for DD as a downfield WR, not just a jet sweep or WR screen guy.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2023
    After watching the highlights, he wasn't facing press coverage. At least in the highlights.
    TB was in zone coverage. The winning TD the defender was near 10 yards off of him.

Moore can use Davis more and I wish he would with his speed. We should see him more often now that Palmer is on IR. Guyton should get worked in slow.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-05-2023, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...also, motion, play action, short passes, and MAX PROTECT...don't understand why Bolts don't more often at LEAST keep a RB in on Herbie's blind side (or whatever side most of the pressure is coming from) to block the edge rusher...if no or little pressure, RB peels out into the flats for a quick safety valve...or stays in to buy more time for a deeper route pass...
      The pass rush that hurts Herbert the most, or any other QB, is the pressure that comes up the middle..... it gets to the QB the quickest....and has a great good chance to block or tip the pass if they dont get the sack..... since losing our all pro center, we have given up big sacks at key moments right up the gut.... maybe use 2 RB's.... or RB and a TE to help out?.... i dont know what solution is..... but you are right... we need to help the OL....

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The pass rush that hurts Herbert the most, or any other QB, is the pressure that comes up the middle..... it gets to the QB the quickest....and has a great good chance to block or tip the pass if they dont get the sack..... since losing our all pro center, we have given up big sacks at key moments right up the gut.... maybe use 2 RB's.... or RB and a TE to help out?.... i dont know what solution is..... but you are right... we need to help the OL....
        I'd like to see a little more of Herbert rolling out.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'd like to see a little more of Herbert rolling out.
          There will be teams who prepare for him doing that. It should be used at a good time too.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Texans rookie Tank Dell has 28 catches for 454 yds and 4 TDs. He got wide open for CJ Stroud during that incredible drive to win the game for the Texans today, getting open on the opposite sideline for a long gain and getting out of bounds. The next play Stroud hit him in the back of the end zone, he was wide open again and leapt to make the catch. I don't know how he is beating press coverage. He's only 5-foot-8.3 inches 165 lbs - exactly the same height/weight as Derius Davis. Dell's 40 time was 4.49 to Davis' 4.36. Dell was drafted with the first pick of the 3rd round - 69th.

I hope Moore is paying attention to how Houston is using Dell and designs plays for DD as a downfield WR, not just a jet sweep or WR screen guy.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2023
            My man, Tank! When he is in the lineup, he does nothing but produce plays. He and DD were my "late round" picks...
            Like you, I hope Moore finds ways to get the ball to DD more. Having scouted both, Tank is the polished route runner... DD is the burner. I'd like to see KM put DD in short motion and let him fly. Even if JH didn't hit him deep every play, it would open up the middle for everyone else.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd like to see the Bolts break off a streak of 4-5 games for a change...but if we keep up with this .500 pace or so, that's no bueno...
              I agree - they need to win like 5 out of 6 or something like that. But tonight is pretty much a must win. Cannot be two games back of the Jets and lose the tiebreaker; same with the Dolphins

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Good people of CVille - tonight shall not disappoint. 12 hrs until the march to victory! Onward!

Monty Python Reaction GIF
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Tonight, we loot Zach Wilson and the Jets!

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    After watching the highlights, he wasn't facing press coverage. At least in the highlights.
                    TB was in zone coverage. The winning TD the defender was near 10 yards off of him.

Moore can use Davis more and I wish he would with his speed. We should see him more often now that Palmer is on IR. Guyton should get worked in slow.
                    Fvck. I didn't know Palmer went on IR. The formidable WR corps we were salivating about this summer has been dismembered by injury, again. Moore is going to have to get even more creative. The Jets are going to scheme to take away Keenan Allen. One positive, and maybe I shouldn't jinx it by talking about it, is the TE situation with Parham and Everett.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Fvck. I didn't know Palmer went on IR. The formidable WR corps we were salivating about this summer has been dismembered by injury, again. Moore is going to have to get even more creative. The Jets are going to scheme to take away Keenan Allen. One positive, and maybe I shouldn't jinx it by talking about it, is the TE situation with Parham and Everett.
                      Velo , don't forget to start the GDT!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Velo , don't forget to start the GDT!
                        Forgot! Do it right now!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          Good people of CVille - tonight shall not disappoint. 12 hrs until the march to victory! Onward!

Monty Python Reaction GIF
                          I think that guy's getting ready to fall on his sword . . . . . . . . . . . . ouch!

Comment

Working...
                          X