Chargers at Jets MNF Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
    I’m actually worried about the Jets offense, as crazy as that sounds.

We know the Chargers have a propensity for giving up big scoring plays, and Breece Hall is a super-fast homerun threat, and Garrett Wilson can beat our secondary with his speed.
    No, I agree with you. I just hope Staley doesn't over think this too much - playing a soft zone or something. I say bring pressure and more pressure and double team Garrett Wilson. There is no need to play passive and soft against Wilson

As for the offense, Jets are solid on defense -- so need to run it and I think get QJ and DD the ball

Chargers 20 - Jets 13

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No, I agree with you. I just hope Staley doesn't over think this too much - playing a soft zone or something. I say bring pressure and more pressure and double team Garrett Wilson. There is no need to play passive and soft against Wilson

As for the offense, Jets are solid on defense -- so need to run it and I think get QJ and DD the ball

Chargers 20 - Jets 13
      I think this is the most realistic score prediction.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Our next two opponents, Jets and Lions, are very physical.

For success, and for a successful season, we need to come up with "easy yardage."

That would be well designed, deceptive plays, with lots of YAC.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Derius Davis 4.36
          Jalen Guyton 4.39
          Simi Fehoko 4.44
          Quentin Johnston 4.49

Find a way to use that speed Mr. Moore.
          nice to see all of that speed!

I wonder if Guyton has retained most of his speed after injury....​?

My guess is because of the type of team we are playing, Staley will have a run heavy game plan, and stick with it even if not working, so that a few times during this game we can call a play action giving Herbert enough time to heave a deep ball or 2....... Can Herbert take snaps from under center? play action from shotgun not very effectrive.....

If both teams avoid turnovers, this is a game of strength vs srtrength...... on both sides of the ball and very likely a ST's play (both teams have good to great ST's) may set up or score the winning points in a tight ballgame.....

Has this Staley lead Chargers team played a late night prime time game on east coast before?..... 8:30 pm start time is a late time to play....and it will be chilly.....

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Highlights from the Jets game last week against the Giants. The Jets were bad, really bad. The only thing that saved them was the Giants losing Tyrod Taylor and Darren Waller, and being more atrocious than the Jets after that. The Jets only won because of some last minute luck. The Giants got blown out by the Raiders and their rookie yesterday, to illustrate how bad the Giants really are.

The Jets' OL is a big, big problem for them. The Chargers pass rushers should be able to exploit that. The Jets were not able to run the ball, even with Breece Hall - 58 yds total. Hall did more damage as a receiver, something the Chargers' defense will have to pay attention to. They also have to lock down Garrett Wilson. He only caught half his targets, but he did get 100 yds receiving. If they keep Hall and Wilson in check in the passing game. Allen Lazard was the only other Jet WR to catch a pass - 3 for 45 yds. The TE, C.J. Uzomah, caught 1 pass for 19 yds.

The Jets' defense is the strength of the team, we know that. But where the Jets are weak on defense - defending TEs and RBs in the passing game - the Chargers are strong. And, again, the Jets' offense is atrocious. The Chargers should command this game for all four quarters.

Giants defense is much better then Chargers defense...

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Our next two opponents, Jets and Lions, are very physical.

For success, and for a successful season, we need to come up with "easy yardage."

That would be well designed, deceptive plays, with lots of YAC.
              Yes, both teams are very physical...... both will be tough games.... and Jets have an elite front 7, elite WR, and elite RB...... Chargers struggle with all 3 of those....... which team will be more fired up???..... which team wants it moore???

Raiders 2nd game will physical and much tougher than first game =that we were lucky to scrape by......

DEN is playing much better now than earlier......

NE is playing much better now than earlier..... which means that game will at least be close....

GB might be only "easy" game left except last meanigless game against KC.....

Bills are beatable but will be very difficult to do so......

Ravens are built to dominate our bad defense......

Chargers wont likely be blown out by anyone, but also wolt likely do that to anyone else except maybe GB.....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

I think this is the most realistic score prediction.
                I think we'll score 24 but this works for me. Any score that is Chargers 1+ more than the Jets works fine for me.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Chargers 12 NYJ 6

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    Chargers 12 NYJ 6
                    Please no… that’s like watching paint dry. I guess a win is a win

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Derius Davis 4.36
                      Jalen Guyton 4.39
                      Simi Fehoko 4.44
                      Quentin Johnston 4.49

Find a way to use that speed Mr. Moore.
                      Even if we don't connect deep, it affects how the secondary plays. No DB wants to see a receiver open clear to the end zone.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I cannot blame you for this negative premonition as I have probably seen every bad play, call, series and game over the last 5 decades that you have seen. But I can assure you the Chargers will rise to victory tonight and it shall be glorious!

I have formed a committee to explore my return to public office - don't tell anyone until my press release but I plan to run for Port Commission of Flipville Harbor, therein lies the real power behind the curtain. All power, no accountability - its perfect for me.
                        The Staley should be fired stuff is getting old. If it hasn't already.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                          I’m actually worried about the Jets offense, as crazy as that sounds.

We know the Chargers have a propensity for giving up big scoring plays, and Breece Hall is a super-fast homerun threat, and Garrett Wilson can beat our secondary with his speed.
                          Exactly. Chargers are the leaders in giving explosive plays in the NFL. It only takes a couple of plays from those 2 very good players you mentioned with this Jet defense that has shut down Mahomes, Allen and Hurts this year

I can see the Chargers winning but I do not see a huge statistical game from Herbert tonight. He is my FF QB and this is in fact the only game all year I benched and will bench him for and started Sam Howell instead.

Comment

Working...
                          X