Lions at Chargers (+1.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    Haters are just gonna hate that guy for no effing reason.
    I just don't get it. Herbert is the least of the problems with the team. The Cowboys, Chiefs and Jets all have elite defenses and all can generate a ton of pressure without blitzing that much. Our offensive line has been overmatched in those games and Herbert is running for his life, while dealing with a busted finger and having no receivers who can get any separation other than Allen. It has affected his play but people are crazy if they think any QB in the league would look good while dealing with the same issues.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Not sure what game you were watching but between the lousy OLine play , still no running game, and how many dropped passes (I think at least 4, Ekeler had a couple)-- Herbert played a very smart game last night. The weak spot continues to be the lousy running game and Oline of the offense. Seriously -not sure what you were watching but he didn't have a chance last ngith with the pass rush and the dropped passes. Haters are just gonna hate that guy for no effing reason.

You are right about the defense - beating the Bears and Jets offenses - aren't great shakes. The Lions will be a real test
      I agree. He was getting less than 2 seconds to operate yesterday. It also doesn’t help when WR/RB drop passes. I know some were bad placement. Herb did his job and took care of the ball. Guyton needs to get in football shape.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I just don't get it. Herbert is the least of the problems with the team. The Cowboys, Chiefs and Jets all have elite defenses and all can generate a ton of pressure without blitzing that much. Our offensive line has been overmatched in those games and Herbert is running for his life, while dealing with a busted finger and having no receivers who can get any separation other than Allen. It has affected his play but people are crazy if they think any QB in the league would look good while dealing with the same issues.
        And how many dropped passes last night - Ekeler had a couple. I think four in total. I mean, they got lucky against the Jets as the Jets offense is terrible. Thats another reason Herbert had a good game - why take risks if you don't have too. But this Sunday, the OL will have to step up and not as many dropped passes. The Lions can score

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

And how many dropped passes last night - Ekeler had a couple. I think four in total. I mean, they got lucky against the Jets as the Jets offense is terrible. Thats another reason Herbert had a good game - why take risks if you don't have too. But this Sunday, the OL will have to step up and not as many dropped passes. The Lions can score
          Fun fact, we are actually averaging more points scored per game than the Lions are!

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

He’s not wrong. Herbert is a game manager who just throws check-downs and needs perfect pass protection to get anything done. He doesn’t read defenses, doesn’t extend plays, throws inaccurate down the field, and gets way too many balls batted down at the line. Our Oline is not good but he makes them look worse than they are by standing in the pocket like a statue and not scrambling or getting rid of the ball.

Lions 35-10

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              He’s not wrong. Herbert is a game manager who just throws check-downs and needs perfect pass protection to get anything done. He doesn’t read defenses, doesn’t extend plays, throws inaccurate down the field, and gets way too many balls batted down at the line. Our Oline is not good but he makes them look worse than they are by standing in the pocket like a statue and not scrambling or getting rid of the ball.

Lions 35-10
              A fractured finger can do this to you. I can tell he wants to run and scramble/bootleg but very cautious on getting hit. Even on the sacks he was falling awkwardly. Hand off to running backs looks weird as well.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

That was an impressive Jets defense. Solid at every position. That's the best defense we will face all year. I'm not surprised our OL struggled. Backup center, a RT that is average-at-best, and young interior guards. Even Slater is hobbling on bad wheels right now. As everyone knows, I'm a trencher. As your OL goes, so goes the whole offense... the QB, the WR's, and the running game. Give the Jets D their due... and realize that the OL should/needs to get better. Kellen Moore needs to get DD more involved in the offense... jet sweep motion, bubble screens, deep patterns. I expected a lot more from Moore. Last night was the perfect opportunity to put both Ekeler and DD in the backfield... and make those LB's cover both out of the backfield. All the while, attacking the short middle with Everett. We have the pieces on offense... they're just not being used correctly IMO.

Our defense was impressive. The pass rush provided constant pressure. The Bosa/Mack/Tuli rotation is real. Morgan Fox is under-appreciated, too. If we can get an early lead, teams should fear us. The LB's and secondary are looking much improved since JCJ's departure, too. I know... it's the Bears and Jets offenses. But unrecognized here... players are starting to play assignments much better. Dare I say... they look "connected"...

The Lions will be a great stress-test for the defense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

A fractured finger can do this to you. I can tell he wants to run and scramble/bootleg but very cautious on getting hit. Even on the sacks he was falling awkwardly. Hand off to running backs looks weird as well.
                  Seriously not sure what game some people are watching... Herbert is going to need to start pass blocking for himself and also run the damn pattern to catch the damn ball

How many drops last night? I think at least 4 - Ekeler had two, Guyton had one, I think there was at least one more.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Then get him out of the game and put someone in there who isn't afraid to get hit. Burrow had a broken finger on his THROWING hand and kept playing and you'd never know the difference. Tired of the plethora of excuses week after week after week for this guy.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Seriously not sure what game some people are watching... Herbert is going to need to start pass blocking for himself and also run the damn pattern to catch the damn ball

How many drops last night? I think at least 4 - Ekeler had two, Guyton had one, I think there was at least one more.
                      I’m just happy he was able to get to some fourth read yesterday. I think one was for a QJ completion

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Then get him out of the game and put someone in there who isn't afraid to get hit. Burrow had a broken finger on his THROWING hand and kept playing and you'd never know the difference. Tired of the plethora of excuses week after week after week for this guy.
                        And yet, no accountability for a shitty Oline, zero running game, a receivers who drop passes

QB throws the ball - Ekeler is supposed to catch it. He can't do both

And mind you, the object of the game is to win the game,. Last night, the game plan was solid because of the opponent,. Will that work against Detroit? Probably not. But I am not sure Detroit has a defense like the Jets

and there is no way in hell with Easton Stick at QB last night, the Chargers win the game - don't be obstinate just to disagree

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Burrow had a dislocated finger, not a broken finger, and threw 2 interceptions and lost the game by 19 points.

Comment

Working...
                          X