Lions at Chargers (+1.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Just this…Bosa is playing . Vomiting or not.

Comment

• LarryAW
      Chargers fan since 1970
      • Sep 2018
      • Chula Vista, CA
      • retired paralegal/court reporter
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Total QBR is a joke formula that Eastern Sports Propaganda Network came up with to over rate running QB's and devalue QB's that throw the ball.
      it’s better than QB rating, which was the point. That said, QBs should get credit for their runs.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

I just looked at CBS's injury report for the game. We have ZERO players listed and it included a quote from the Chargers that said "Everyone's a go". What......Wait......This cannot be the week 10 Chargers can it???

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          Just this…Bosa is playing . Vomiting or not.
          Is he sick?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Is he sick?
            He was listed DNP one day this week (or more?) for an undisclosed illness - we know the cold/flu thing is going around, I just had it, my wife the week before. Mine was really mild, no reports on how ill he was that i’ve seen.

Good thing we don’t need him for 70 plays a game, he can take puke breaks here n there as needed, rehydrate, etc.

I once played a show at House of Blues, shit, now its about 8 yrs ago. 20 min before down beat we are backstage in the green room and all a sudden I get a raging fever and start puking. i was struck with food poisoning (for a bad earlier Chinese lunch). I went on, we had to. They put a trash can just off stage right on my side during the show and I went over and puked between songs 3 times during our set. Fortunately didn’t puke during a song while playing. I didn’t think I was gonna make it thru, but i did. Friends in the crowd later told me i didn’t look as happy as I usually do when I play.

Fuck, i guess I wasnt. If Joey doesn’t look happy, you konw why lol.

Warrior code
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”​

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Rarely does Herbert have two sub par games in a row.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I truly don't think he had that bad of a game
                He was pressured, I think on 59% of his passes
                Ekeler had three drops and Guyton had one, there might have been one more
                the strategy was obviously not make a mistake to allow the Jets to get a short field for the Jets offense or even a pick 6 type play for the Jets

Herbert played a very smart game - -or I should say the game plan was very smart and he executed it

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

It way over rates running and undervalues passing. For a QB that is not a good stat.
                  How can you say it over-rates running? If you took away Mahomes running would he be the same QB? Those 3 or 4 scrambles a game that move the chains on big 3rd downs are the difference between being 2-4 and 6-0. Look at the Cincy offense now that Burrow can move again - all the sudden they're back to being unstoppable.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

And you my friend rarely have two days of sub par posting in a row.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

And you my friend rarely have two days of sub par posting in a row.
                      Ya ya granted. Coach praised Herbert for no Int’s and some possession extending clutch 3rd down throws. I’m actually very OK with that and under 200 yards passing if it contributes to a win. In fact, we may see more of those type Herbert games where he doesn’t necessarily have to pass for 300+ and gets a win (under Moore). Heh, Moore may actually be “molding” Herbert in his image now (so to speak). Ball control without the fireworks (necessarily).
                      Last edited by Caslon; 11-11-2023, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I truly don't think he had that bad of a game
                        He was pressured, I think on 59% of his passes
                        Ekeler had three drops and Guyton had one, there might have been one more
                        the strategy was obviously not make a mistake to allow the Jets to get a short field for the Jets offense or even a pick 6 type play for the Jets

Herbert played a very smart game - -or I should say the game plan was very smart and he executed it
                        Of course they would have liked the offense to execute better, but I agree that I don’t pin it on Herbert. He was under a barrage and that was the cause for lack of execution imo. I believe you’re right that #1 strategy over anything was to just not fuck it up. hence my clumsy and fairly-misunderstood “they wanted to punt” post early in the week. I didnt mean that they wanted to punt, I meant they would rather punt than make a costly mistake. Especially after getting up early in the game. They probably noted in film study the good teams that the Jets either beat or hung tough with all made critical game-changing mistakes to that very good defense. (It’s all conjecture on my part, of course). When you’re up by 21, I could care less about yards or completions or ratings or anything. All that matters is W and they blew the Jets out of their home stadium.

I am never worried about Herbert - he is the Golden God. Doubters are just wrong imo. Every QB has a bad throw, a bad game, even maybe a bad stretch. Even HOF QBs do. It’s a really tough position to play, it’s why they get $50M. Not one guy in a million can play that position at that level. but I have seen what he can do many times and I’ll ride or die with that kid to the gates of hell. If he stumbles, I’ll help him back up and we’ll ride some more.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”​

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

If Staley gets fired, please let Moore continue to be OC. Herbert deserves to have an Offensive Coordinator more than one year in a row (laugh!).

Comment

Working...
                          X