Lions at Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 10)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Wait, let me get this straight you are predicting Brandon Staley's Chargers to finish 12-7 at seasons end!???! Really?! IF that happens I'll buy you one!
    6-2... my bad. 10-7.

I was using Bolt4Knob's "10 games left". I should have checked his numbers...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Correct. And the receiver led with his head. What was Derwin supposed to do? Leap out of the way and let him get more yards?
      The rules arent very good today. It's so much an advantage for the offense now.
      It's why Rivers was throwing deep balls when the defense once again gave up a lead he gave us with little time left.

He was trying to get a PI flag. I think they need to change penalties like Derwin's.

Should be more like running into the kicker,... review it, if there was nothing he could do, should be 5 yards. Blatant blow to the head, personal foul. Derwin also hit him with a forearm, not his helmet.

Need to do something with PI as well. Spot of the foul is a BS penalty. Make it 5 or 15 yards, not 40 ,.. spot of the found bullshit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        getting to 8 wins will be an accomplishment, and.... personally, can't see any other way other than to hire Harbaugh.... 'specially if Dean has aims on selling the team.
        Don't get my hopes up like that

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yup bring on GB and go to 5-5. Then bring on a good team like the Ravens and go to 5-6. Rinse and repeat.
          Yep...I'm afraid that's the Charger Way...W-L-W-L...The old Texas Two-Step...
          (and sidestep the playoffs)

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

well the bolts are about to share the cellar with the broncos at the end of tonight.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

I wouldn’t hire Harbaugh.

I don’t know what the fuck it is. Look how the Raiders are under Antonio Pierce.

I hope this team isn’t under a Josh Mcdaniels hold where we don’t know what’s going on in the building.

but from what I hear Mcdaniels was a prick. And Stayley sounds like a players coach.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                That's the thing about Staley's stated D that I don't comprehend. He says he plays back/deep to keep the lid on. Okay. So then we are susceptible to underneath and chunk runs. Fine. Hate it, but fine.

But....then why does our D give up so many longer, open completions? I understand selling out one way to stop the one thing and risk the other. I even grasp the philosophy. But shouldn't it, then, mean we are mostly succeeding at stopping the one thing?

Someone make it make sense. Please.
                yup it makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense that this D gives up league-leading explosive plays...the ONE thing this defensive fooru scheme is SUPPOSED to prevent from happening. I'm completely dumbfounded by this...I dunno.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

I don’t know what the fuck it is. Look how the Raiders are under Antonio Pierce.

I hope this team isn’t under a Josh Mcdaniels hold where we don’t know what’s going on in the building.

but from what I hear Mcdaniels was a prick. And Stayley sounds like a players coach.
                  Not so sure about Staley being a player's coach. There's been a few grumpy comments by some players about the D he dials up--that it's too complex and results in big chunk plays that end up losing us games...not quite a mutiny, but some of the players are apparently not happy...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

The Chargers will be ahead of DEN even if they win tonight.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      The Chargers will be ahead of DEN even if they win tonight.
                      Well at least we got that going for us! I say Staley should use that to call another reset since we are playing the Packers this week!

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

I'm not sure what Harbaugh has to do with all that, but nah let's not hire a HC who has won everywhere he's gone, taken a pro team to a super bowl and has put a college team together that looks as good as any team in the nation..... I would much rather ride the vibe of Chargering for the next 5 years!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I'm not sure what Harbaugh has to do with all that, but nah let's not hire a HC who has won everywhere he's gone, taken a pro team to a super bowl and has put a college team together that looks as good as any team in the nation..... I would much rather ride the vibe of Chargering for the next 5 years!
                          Don't think Harbaugh is a TT type of guy...didn't Harbaugh just get busted for Wolverine Spygate? I mean, TT has a rep for vetting and rejecting people with red flags...
                          (Like the great job TT did of vetting JCJ...)

Comment

Working...
                          X