Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

I got a few names for Head Coach here are my favorites first by Coach I want.

1. Star hire championship pedigree. Commands respect USC ties. Super bowl experience. Defensive captain. Huge in Tutus superstardom and connection. Troy Poloamaluo Head Coach hall of famer Pittsburg Steelers. Based in L.A. played for Tomlin knows the culture. What I’ve learned from the raiders with Antonio Pierce. They listen. Polomaolu is a natural leader. In the mold of a Tony Dungy. Doesn’t have to raise his voice to get you to follow. A natural leader. Natural head coach. Chargers need to hire this guy. Think outside the box. Gives a minority a chance. But like Tomlin this guy will change our culture and win here.

2. Rex Ryan great leader. Knows defense loud brash. Kick this team in the Ass.

3. Mike Vrabel like Ryan will be loud. Will command respect. And knows how to be around a Quarterback on the way to his hall of fame career. He can focus on having the team ready to play.

4. Raheem Morris defensive coordinator rams championship pedigree. Swagg Bravado

5. Ben Johnson offensive coordinator Lions. They say this guy is the next offensive genius. Draws up great plays like Shannahan on the 49ers with the tight end.

6. Dan Quinn/ Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones aint letting him leave the Cowboys.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

1. Star hire championship pedigree. Commands respect USC ties. Super bowl experience. Defensive captain. Huge in Tutus superstardom and connection. Troy Poloamaluo Head Coach hall of famer Pittsburg Steelers. Based in L.A. played for Tomlin knows the culture. What I’ve learned from the raiders with Antonio Pierce. They listen. Polomaolu is a natural leader. In the mold of a Tony Dungy. Doesn’t have to raise his voice to get you to follow. A natural leader. Natural head coach. Chargers need to hire this guy. Think outside the box. Gives a minority a chance. But like Tomlin this guy will change our culture and win here.

3. Mike Vrabel like Ryan will be loud. Will command respect. And knows how to be around a Quarterback on the way to his hall of fame career. He can focus on having the team ready to play.

4. Raheem Morris defensive coordinator rams championship pedigree. Swagg Bravado

5. Ben Johnson offensive coordinator Lions. They say this guy is the next offensive genius. Draws up great plays like Shannahan on the 49ers with the tight end.

i like Vrabel and Johnson from your list. Vrabel is a former player/champion who can think outside the box, and Johnon had our defense completely sideways with his play-calling.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Another DC from the Rams!!!??? Hard pass...

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Most of these names are bonafide .500 or less in career potential HCs, to be honest. The only ones that may be interesting are Polamalu and Johnson, and perhaps Quinn as a redemption play. But in regards to Quinn, do we really want to trade one coach who blew the biggest lead in a playoff game for one that blew the biggest lead in a Superbowl? I remember that Superbowl, and I knew that the Falcons would never make it to another after that loss, not with Quinn and probably a few HCs on the carousel after him. It's why I viewed Staley as a lameduck this season -- not unless almost everything and everyone was gone from that loss. The better move, of course, would have been just to move on from Staley and salvage the talent for a Harbaugh, but it is what it is.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Your joking about Troy Palomalu right?

Natural HC? Where? He hasn't coached ever and you want him to be an NFL HC?

Is this JohnBoy?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Your joking about Troy Palomalu right?

Natural HC? Where? He hasn't coached ever and you want him to be an NFL HC?

Is this JohnBoy?
              No, can't be Johnboy in disguise...Spani won't even be considering a HC change until the offseason...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

No - has he even coached, Antonio Pierce has been a coach - high school to ASU to the pro's
                Rex - at one time, for sure. Not sure anymore - he didn't do so well in Buffalo
                Vrabel - for sure
                Morris - not against it at all. But he, Spannuolo and Schwartz are all in this category but Morris might be the best choice of the three
                Johnson - nope - been down that road with a first time head coach and a guy with limited coordinator experience -
                Quinn - after Harbaugh, pretty high on my list

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Hard pass on that blowhard Rex Ryan at any point ever.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Hard pass on that blowhard Rex Ryan at any point ever.
                    ditto

also a hard pass on Troy P - that one was just funny
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Why I repeat why is Troy Polomaolu funny?

those are the hires that win Super Bowls. Those are the hires that make owners owners.

have you ever heard the guy talk?

he’s a natural leader. Sure anyone can draw up X’s and O’s but he knows the game. He sees the game. One of the most brilliant men I’ve seen in the NFL.

knows coverage. If you played. There’s guys who know what play is coming before it’s coming. He can see what offense the Quarterback and knows what to do. He knows to blitz. He can tell his players what to do.

You wanna talk about Troy Poloamaolu Derwin James has all the tools. Well let’s hire the guy to get it out of him. This is what you’re not doing. This is what you need to do.

just because you guys don’t see it doesn’t mean the guy isn’t coaching and putting in work. He’s been a huge mentor and coach of Polynesian players Samoans in the NFL sending them to the league.

Tutu and Hufanga on the 49ers. One of the reasons they were at USC. Great Oregon roots.

so just since he isn’t coaching at Long Beach Poly. He’s coaching. I know the guy has been a piler great NFL guy and just a genuine leader of men.

I know his wife. The guy is selfless. And when you hear him talk football yeah I see Dan Campbell I see Mike Tomlin I see Mike Vrabel. I see a trend setter. I see a culture builder.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Mike Vrabel is good. Jim Harbaugh is good but stop. Why do you think Jennifer Lawrence is going to say yes to you. He is a Michigan Man. And he will stay at Michigan.

one guy who I can see coming and being a Jimmy Johnson for the right money is Kirby Smart. Star don’t give a fuck and defensive guy.

also Dan Leonard Oregon Coach outside candidate. I like him.

Ben Johnson can pick where he wants to go. Everybody will be all over him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Why I repeat why is Troy Polomaolu funny?

those are the hires that win Super Bowls. Those are the hires that make owners owners.

have you ever heard the guy talk?

he’s a natural leader. Sure anyone can draw up X’s and O’s but he knows the game. He sees the game. One of the most brilliant men I’ve seen in the NFL.

knows coverage. If you played. There’s guys who know what play is coming before it’s coming. He can see what offense the Quarterback and knows what to do. He knows to blitz. He can tell his players what to do.

You wanna talk about Troy Poloamaolu Derwin James has all the tools. Well let’s hire the guy to get it out of him. This is what you’re not doing. This is what you need to do.

just because you guys don’t see it doesn’t mean the guy isn’t coaching and putting in work. He’s been a huge mentor and coach of Polynesian players Samoans in the NFL sending them to the league.

Tutu and Hufanga on the 49ers. One of the reasons they were at USC. Great Oregon roots.

so just since he isn’t coaching at Long Beach Poly. He’s coaching. I know the guy has been a piler great NFL guy and just a genuine leader of men.

I know his wife. The guy is selfless. And when you hear him talk football yeah I see Dan Campbell I see Mike Tomlin I see Mike Vrabel. I see a trend setter. I see a culture builder.
                          Maybe he would make a good DC....something he also hasn't done yet but that's the case you are making here,...... but to give him a HC job is insane.

The fact he hasn't even got into coaching says something, don't it? Maybe it's not what he wants to do. If he did, he would be on Tomlins staff. Or McVAys, or ours assuming he lives in LA.

Comment

Working...
                          X