Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Nora took the team Marty built like Gruden took the team that Dungy built) then ran it downhill thanks to AJ. He wasn't a good HC and should have never been hired.j
    I assume you mean Norv? Norv didn't make personnel decisions. AJ built a good team, then he tore it down with bad FA decisions and poor drafting. Not Norv's fault. If AJ had supplied Norv with better players, he might've won a SB or two.

Comment

• AFboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Balboa Park bench
      • Medical Simulation
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I assume you mean Norv? Norv didn't make personnel decisions. AJ built a good team, then he tore it down with bad FA decisions and poor drafting. Not Norv's fault. If AJ had supplied Norv with better players, he might've won a SB or two.
      Norv was a great OC but a notoriously bad HC... Norv inherited a loaded team, not sure which positions could have realistically been better.

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        This has been a rough season but losing at TN and today at GB are just death warrants. Both games against inferior opponents that we failed to put away when we had the chance and had no business losing to.
        We made an average qb look good today.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Norv was a great OC but a notoriously bad HC... Norv inherited a loaded team, not sure which positions could have realistically been better.
          Norv didn't make personnel decisions. That was exclusively AJ territory, and AJ made that clear. Norv took the team to the brink of the Super Bowl with a team that Marty couldn't win a single playoff game with. Norv's 2009 coaching effort could've won him coach of the year that season. That team set a franchise record for consecutive wins. Norv is one of the winningest coaches in Chargers history. It was AJ who ran the team into the ground. He made all the personnel decisions. These are facts.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

No. I'm not blaming the HC. It's a roster issue. And a practice and progress issue for individual players. This is not over. I'm on this bandwagon and going to drive it until wheels fall off. We are going take out our frustrations on the Ravens. That the only thing we can do. Bolt up!!!!
            I genuinely respect you and your position.
            I'm not going to make friends at the "shit on Staley party"
            my realization is simply that he is NOT the guy and opposing offenses are able to get timely scores and yards against this weak defense that's consistently showing multiple blown assignments, poor tackling and unneeded penalties.
            we typically survive these poor performances against inferior opponents but today alone didn't change my mind, it's the culmination of under performance.
            will a significant upgrade in personnel help Staley create a top unit? Sure. But I don't think he is ready to be a headcoach and DC/playcaller. And I thank him for his passion and effort, I don't think he is a fraud like others have suggested.
            I understand the risk of making a change and still only want to change for a Harbaugh or even Bill B but I'm done being optimistic about beating any good teams with Staley as HC.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Love had his first 300 yard game against us. Green Bay had its first 300 yard game since 2021.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

I’m not gonna sugar coat it.

im always optimistic.

this team sucks. And will not make the playoffs.

im over it. Completely ready to wake up and read a headline on ESPN chargers fire Brandon Stayley.

Kellen Moore named Chargers interim head coach.

at this point who gives a fuck losing games to the Packers. You ain’t gonna beat the Chiefs.

go get your Travis Kelce Brock Bowers. And stop fucking around with this Quarterback.

Love Keenan but he needs some help. Austin Eckler sucks and he’s washed. So he can get the fuck out.

Quentin Johnston needs to grow some nuts and play like he knows how to play receiver like the guy we drafted outa TCU. We need to figure out a way to pay Mike Williams.

This is my team but they are fucking up.

so done. I want Brock Bowers. Tank.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I genuinely respect you and your position.
                  I'm not going to make friends at the "shit on Staley party"
                  my realization is simply that he is NOT the guy and opposing offenses are able to get timely scores and yards against this weak defense that's consistently showing multiple blown assignments, poor tackling and unneeded penalties.
                  we typically survive these poor performances against inferior opponents but today alone didn't change my mind, it's the culmination of under performance.
                  will a significant upgrade in personnel help Staley create a top unit? Sure. But I don't think he is ready to be a headcoach and DC/playcaller. And I thank him for his passion and effort, I don't think he is a fraud like others have suggested.
                  I understand the risk of making a change and still only want to change for a Harbaugh or even Bill B but I'm done being optimistic about beating any good teams with Staley as HC.
                  Staley doghoused Tillery and JCJ and sent them packing.
                  Telesco apologize to the team. Why would a GM do that.
                  Special Teams is way better than ever.
                  OL finally got back to back 1st Rd picks.
                  Mack was traded for.

What I see is a Staley takeover. TommyJohn will have the titles but Staley will continue to gain control over roster. This is as close as we are going to get to having TommyJohn get out the way. And having a football person in charge.

Spicy Staley for the Win!!!!

I'll keep a seat warm on the bandwagon for you.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

agree...

Marty was a great coach for teaching football fundamentals like blocking and tackling....

Marty's teams NEVER won playoff games because Marty refused to open up the passing offense unless the team was multiple scores behind..... Marty always said, if you pass the ball, only 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad..... Marty's calls on 3rd and 8 or more were always a draw or screen to LT...... because LT was a HOF RB, LT made Marty look good..... Marty inexcusably lost playoff games to Jets, and NE when Chargers were the better team.... because he did no coach them to do smart things like "NOT intercept a ball on 4th down"....

Norv was much better overall because his teams always played their best late in seasons and in playoffs.....but drove most of us crazy because his teams always started season slow..... Those were the years when Rivers had best winning record in NFL in NOV and DEC..... he was clutch... especially when the team was behind.....

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

ah yeah he has never thrown 300 yards and has had trouble moving the offense all year long

Chargers defense is a laughing stock around the NFL and around fantasy circles. Before every matchup they are considered the get right tonic for any ailing under performing offense, and like clockwork that is what we saw again today.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • victoria b.c.
                        • Send PM

Mack was traded for.

What I see is a Staley takeover. TommyJohn will have the titles but Staley will continue to gain control over roster. This is as close as we are going to get to having TommyJohn get out the way. And having a football person in charge.

What player on this defense has improved in the last 3 seasons?

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Mack was traded for.

So did you approve of Staley inexcusably playing all of our starters in a meaningless game for 3 quarters and losing MW for the playoffs..... maybe he could have helped against Jax???

and I dont need to go into all the inexcusable boneheaded game decisions he has made over the years....

I get you are hoping for Staley or some coach taking over all decisions, but I seriously doubt Spanos allows that......

Comment

Working...
                          X