• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Netflix UF Gator documentary

Thought we could all use a break from the negativity about Spanos, Telesco, Staley, our team this year.

Netflix has a documentary called the Swamp about the Gators during the Urban Meyer years. It is pretty good. Brandon Siler is a big star in the documentary and was for the team, too. His name was so familiar and then I realized he was a late round pick of our team. He just never did much, but in college....wow, what a leader and player. Not sure why he did not pan out.

My other take aways from the documentary:

1. Meyer is a total jerk. After watching this, his flame out with the Jags makes so much sense. So glad the Chargers did not end up with him. BTW, the Jags did a complete turn around as soon as he left. GIves a lot of hope for us post Staley. Meyer mades lots of excuses for all the off the field issues and made himself to be a martyr that had no choice but to leave.
    2. Tebow was a great, great college player and he seems like a great human being. I really liked him after watching and they did point out how his teammates felt about all the glory Tebow was getting.
    3. That second nat champ team was so stacked, Carlos Dunlap, both Pouncey brothers, Percy Harvin, Joe Haden, I think Cam Newton was a back up on it, so much talent.
    4. It is amazing so many of these players make it out of major programs without more issues. The things they get away with, the way they are treated, the excesses, it is just an awful environment for an 18-20 year old boy, many of who never had anything including parents who care about them

Its worth a watch and better than watching a Charger game right now!

Blessed Thanksgiving to you all, friends.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I have watched this and was also surprised with how prominently Brandon Siler was profiled. I saw Brandon at the Utah-Florida game this year as he was hanging with Alex Smith in the outdoor luxury box just below our seats. This was the first game of the year and was when this doc first came out so people were recognizing Siler from afar. Keep in mind, with all of his faults Urban is a legend here in Utah and much of this fan base had watched the doc already. Siler seemed to be having a great time and was really enjoying the warm reception he was getting from Alex and the Ute fans.

As he walked in below us, I yelled, "Hey Brandon, Go Bolts!" He looked up, gave me a HUGE smile pumped his fist in the air towards me and yelled "Yeah Chargers!"

Highly suggest watching the doc as well. Urban may be an ass, but without him, this program is not what it is now and more importantly, we don't have Kyle Whittingham as our coach, or Urban's former Ute player Morgan Scalley as our D coordinator. So Urban will never pay for a dinner here in Utah.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
    X