OFFICIAL Ravens at Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The rumor is he preferred Stroud over Young, was forced to take Young. If true, he had no chance to last long in Carolina.
    I wonder if he's under some kind of Gag order about his termination. Maybe he can hint about it by saying he was not the right coach for Bryce Young. LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not sure Reich gets another HC job after getting fired twice in less than a year.
      Well, if Frank DOES get hired and fired again, it will be, ahem, the RISE AND FALL OF THE THIRD REICH...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Leonard and Samuel played the entire game at CB. Davis had zero defensive snaps.

Bassey also played the whole game at nickle back. Taylor had no defensive snaps.
        Looks like Vato Loco is now Vato Bencho...and soon to be, "Adios, Vato"...

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This is a guy that was legit a top 5 CB in the league the second half of last year. So something has gone horribly wrong. Sorta like Derwin. And AsJ and….and….

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This is a guy that was legit a top 5 CB in the league the second half of last year. So something has gone horribly wrong. Sorta like Derwin. And AsJ and….and….
            I commented in another thread that I think a lot of our players, especially on defense, are mailing it in. Staley's Pattern-Match Defense is apparently asking too much of the players, to process several possible scenarios based on the opposing O's pre-snap and at the snap looks...too much processing, too little time to react and to get to assigned zone or man up on "correct" player, because it's a hybrid zone and press defense...so I think our D players are going through the motions and giving a halfhearted effort because they keep getting torched time...after time...after time...

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

One thing I really didn't understand about the game is why Parham had no targets at all. Zero in 28 snaps. And Herbert was desperate for anyone to throw to besides Allen. I know they were keeping the TE in to block a lot, but still ... Only Everett had any role in the passing game, besides one incompletion to Smartt.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I believe Vato was injured? Or sick?
                But yes, id let him walk.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                  One thing I really didn't understand about the game is why Parham had no targets at all. Zero in 28 snaps. And Herbert was desperate for anyone to throw to besides Allen. I know they were keeping the TE in to block a lot, but still ... Only Everett had any role in the passing game, besides one incompletion to Smartt.
                  Yes I mentioned that as well. He and Everett should be much more involved. Moore is not the answer. Hopefully Josh Palmer comes back to help KA out a bit

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I believe Vato was injured? Or sick?

I don't think so. I think it was a straight benching. Same with Ja'Sir.

--Robin

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I commented in another thread that I think a lot of our players, especially on defense, are mailing it in. Staley's Pattern-Match Defense is apparently asking too much of the players, to process several possible scenarios based on the opposing O's pre-snap and at the snap looks...too much processing, too little time to react and to get to assigned zone or man up on "correct" player, because it's a hybrid zone and press defense...so I think our D players are going through the motions and giving a halfhearted effort because they keep getting torched time...after time...after time...
                      Lookup the definition of Chinese fire drill. In a nutshell it is about language barriers and mis directions leading to absolute chaotic results.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Lookup the definition of Chinese fire drill. In a nutshell it is about language barriers and mis directions leading to absolute chaotic results.
                        The Chargers D held an offense that was averaging 27.6 PPG to 13 pts for @ 55 minutes, until Herbert took an unblocked strip sack in the red zone. Too bad the offense didn't come to play. That was a waste of a solid effort by the Chargers defense.
                        At least we eliminated Moore as a potential HC.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The Chargers D held an offense that was averaging 27.6 PPG to 13 pts for @ 55 minutes, until Herbert took an unblocked strip sack in the red zone. Too bad the offense didn't come to play. That was a waste of a solid effort by the Chargers defense.
                          At least we eliminated Moore as a potential HC.
                          That was the knock in Dallas on More. His 2 minute offense.

And we have seen exactly that this year. The Chargers 2 minute offense has been terrible. Until this year Herbert was engineering some game winning drives pretty well over his first few years. This year, Herbert, and the offense, protection, has failed on every single one.

Comment

Working...
                          X