Broncos at Chargers (-3) Pregame Discussion (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Russell Wilson over his last two games has a 58% completion rate (28/48) for an average of 160 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INTs. We can fix that

He hasn't been good on the road. Last week in Houston he threw 3 INTs and was sacked 3 times. His passer rating was 53.2 We can fix that in a freaking hurry

Since week 5 Wilson has only passed for more than 200 yds once. We can EASILY fix that

He is the 4th most sacked QB this season, with 36. The Chargers are tied for 3rd with the most sacks (41). We would need 6+ with turnovers

The Broncos run game is ranked 13th, 116 yds per game. We are the poster child to fix this

The Broncos are ranked last in run defense, 150 yds per game. (No wonder the Chargers are talking about trying different RBs in this game.) Paging Kellen.......Paging Mr. Kellen "run it up the gut again" Moore

The Broncos average 116 yds rushing per game, 13th. The Chargers' defense allows an average of 114 yds per game, 17th. Somehow we blow out the curve on other teams averages......in a bad way........

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

If I read you well, there's no chance the Chargers will win that game.
      I'm supposed to watch that game with a Broncos fan tomorrow.
      Should I cancel it ?
      Only if you forgot to buy popcorn. Otherwise enjoy the game.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Should I cancel it ?
        I mean I think we have a decent chance because it’s Sofi, we’re wearing our best winning uniform combinations, and Gates is being inducted tomorrow.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          Paging Mr. Kellen "run it up the gut again" Moore
          Moore's playcalling is looking a lot like Norv's...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
            Don't think anybody is giving him $8M/yr playing like he has. There are plenty of RBs coming out from the draft and RB is the easiest position to draft and NFL ready.
            Except if your TT that is.
            I don’t either - I think he’s drooping down into the $4M-$5M terrain, one year rental deal. Who knows.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Russell Wilson over his last two games has a 58% completion rate (28/48) for an average of 160 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INTs.

He hasn't been good on the road. Last week in Houston he threw 3 INTs and was sacked 3 times. His passer rating was 53.2

Since week 5 Wilson has only passed for more than 200 yds once.

He is the 4th most sacked QB this season, with 36. The Chargers are tied for 3rd with the most sacks (41).

The Broncos run game is ranked 13th, 116 yds per game.

The Broncos are ranked last in run defense, 150 yds per game. (No wonder the Chargers are talking about trying different RBs in this game.)

The Broncos average 116 yds rushing per game, 13th. The Chargers' defense allows an average of 114 yds per game, 17th.

If Chargers play without multiple mistakes and get pressure on Wilson, it’s very winnable.

Less drops, less fumbles, our guy can beat their guy if we give him the chance. Payton has done a great job, our boys need to show up.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Chargers play without multiple mistakes and get pressure on Wilson, it’s very winnable.

Less drops, less fumbles, our guy can beat their guy if we give him the chance. Payton has done a great job, our boys need to show up.
                The Chargers have to have a plan for Courtland Sutton. Their other receivers, WR Jerry Jeudy, rookie WR Marvin Mimms, and TE Adam Trautman, are capable but not the threat Sutton is. Jeudy has had some good games against the Chargers though. In week 18 last year he caught 5 of 5 passes for 154 yds.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Denver rush D is shit. Ekeler is motivated.
                  Kelley has something to prove.
                  Going to be week 1 all over again...
                  with a better ending.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Denver rush D is shit. Ekeler is motivated.
                    Kelley has something to prove.
                    Going to be week 1 all over again...
                    with a better ending.
                    This is what I am thinking too. We shall see. The Raiders' run defense is garbage too, bottom 8. So if they get a run game going v Denver they can take that to LV on Thurs. As a matter of fact, every team they face for the rest of the season have below average run defenses, and they get Denver twice. So focusing on improving the run game is key.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

This is what I am thinking too. We shall see. The Raiders' run defense is garbage too, bottom 8. So if they get a run game going v Denver they can take that to LV on Thurs. As a matter of fact, every team they face for the rest of the season have below average run defenses, and they get Denver twice. So focusing on improving the run game is key.
                      I don’t konw how many rocks Eke will get to carry. Coaches are pissed at him for not balling out, its obvious on tape

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Should I cancel it ?
                        Sorry, I'm not saying we cannot win..... literally anything can happen this year....lol... so of course watch... its possible, its not likely.....not because of stats, but because of the things this team does well or does badly are not a good matchup for a much better coached DEN team....

This game is going to be close like they always are.....no matter how good or bad the opposition is, Herbert, and a handful of other players will make enough plays to keep things close..... because Herbert can do things that almost no one else can do.....

just because the team is not good, does not mean we dont watch and root for them..... and this is not as much on the players as it is horrible ownership, management and coaching... for many many years....

the only positive thing about the Spanos's is they refuse to have bad characters on the team, so all the players are good characters.... not thugs or criminals, which makes rooting for them easy even if they make mistakes or are just not good enough....

I've been a fan for over 50 years.... so Ive seen some ups and alot of downs.... I've learned that many of you who obsess about drafting better OL players are right.... once you have a QB, you have to protect them.... this organization is horrible at doing that....

Better organizations like 49ers are building their second dynasty, which is almost impossible to do in salary cap era.....that team somehow added several 1st rounders to DL and OL.... and traded for an elite RB and that is why they dominate most teams... and will continue to do so....

Chargers do the opposite... and refuse to upgrade during the season unlike teams like SF or filly or KC....

the sad part is if somehow this team squeezes out a few wins and gets close to a playoff spot, Spanos will keep TT and Staley to continue this misery and wasting Herberts career for another year......

I have a long term vision and that requires actually admitting we are going in the wrong direction and change it!...asap!!

I appologize if I offend anyone.... honestly not trying to do that..... I am just a realist who has seen this movie before..... we need to pull that bandaid off!

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Sorry, I'm not saying we cannot win..... literally anything can happen this year....lol... so of course watch... its possible, its not likely.....not because of stats, but because of the things this team does well or does badly are not a good matchup for a much better coached DEN team....

This game is going to be close like they always are.....no matter how good or bad the opposition is, Herbert, and a handful of other players will make enough plays to keep things close..... because Herbert can do things that almost no one else can do.....

just because the team is not good, does not mean we dont watch and root for them..... and this is not as much on the players as it is horrible ownership, management and coaching... for many many years....

the only positive thing about the Spanos's is they refuse to have bad characters on the team, so all the players are good characters.... not thugs or criminals, which makes rooting for them easy even if they make mistakes or are just not good enough....

I've been a fan for over 50 years.... so Ive seen some ups and alot of downs.... I've learned that many of you who obsess about drafting better OL players are right.... once you have a QB, you have to protect them.... this organization is horrible at doing that....

Better organizations like 49ers are building their second dynasty, which is almost impossible to do in salary cap era.....that team somehow added several 1st rounders to DL and OL.... and traded for an elite RB and that is why they dominate most teams... and will continue to do so....

Chargers do the opposite... and refuse to upgrade during the season unlike teams like SF or filly or KC....

the sad part is if somehow this team squeezes out a few wins and gets close to a playoff spot, Spanos will keep TT and Staley to continue this misery and wasting Herberts career for another year......

I have a long term vision and that requires actually admitting we are going in the wrong direction and change it!...asap!!

I appologize if I offend anyone.... honestly not trying to do that..... I am just a realist who has seen this movie before..... we need to pull that bandaid off!

My thoughts exactly, Charge!

Comment

Working...
                          X