Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I think the Jones cut had to do with the fact he cant play special teams. And i know he said he was really struggling with the offense. But hes a high football IQ type of player and it would have come. He was able to get open quite a bit in pre. But this was most likely an age/st's issue. Im not a fan of Burse this pre season. But he supposedly lit up TC. Not saying he makes the team but i suspect he may now that Jones was cut.

Comment

• boldarblood
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I am shocked at Jones. I thought for a 4-5 WR he would be perfect, shows you what I know.

Comment

• pigskin
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Southern Oregon
          • Send PM

Listening to Sirius today and they were saying that he has lost a step and was never a burner to begin with, plus he doesn't play special teams.

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

I was a Fantasy Football fanatic last year so I followed Jones closely. If you look at his stats at the end of the year, you would said he was productive. But if you follow him weekly and watched some games, he pretty much disappoint in the last 3/4 quarters of the season. He had a dominant start last year, but as the season went on, defense had been able to shut him down.

GB let him go despite he and Rodgers have good chemistry and history with each other, and despite his knowledge of their offense. If he couldn't make it with Rodgers, I'm not sure he can with Rivers. PR is more accurate on long throws but, as much as I want to be homer, AR is a better overall QB and can overcome a weak OL due to his scrambling and playmaking abilities.

At this point, James Jones is a big name. That's all I know. I don't watch the daily practices like coaches does. And it's not like JJ stood out during preseason games either. I don't recall many other teams lining up for his service either.
            Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Rivers is better than Rogers.

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
                Rivers is better than Rogers.
                I really want to believe that, lol. They're both future Hall of Famers. If Rivers goes on a roll and wins couple of SBs, I'm still not sure he developed into the better QB. Rivers is top 5 right now, no doubt.

One thing I might add about the James Jones release is that they probably anticipate some WRs that they're interested in will be cut in 2 of the upcoming cuts. Also, they might really like one or two TEs currently on the roster (outside of Gates or Henry).
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                  I really want to believe that, lol. They're both future Hall of Famers. If Rivers goes on a roll and wins couple of SBs, I'm still not sure he developed into the better QB. Rivers is top 5 right now, no doubt.

One thing I might add about the James Jones release is that they probably anticipate some WRs that they're interested in will be cut in 2 of the upcoming cuts. Also, they might really like one or two TEs currently on the roster (outside of Gates or Henry).
                  If Rogers were a Charger, he would have been beat into retirement ages ago.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm a bit surprised by the James Jones cut. But I think the front office knows this team isn't at all close and they want to develope the younger players.

It bums me out that this team is in rebuild mode while they have such a great qb. That is if the gm even realizes he in rebuild mode
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

If Jones's talent has slipped enough that he gets cut by two teams with elite QBs, I'm fine with it. Not sure how that equals rebuilding mode but whatevs.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Can we cut it to 45?

I'm a huge fan of many players on this team but the team lacks depth almost across the board and many starters would be depth elsewhere.

I hope I'm proven wrong. For Philip's sake
                        You need to stop giving the Spanos family money saving ideas.
                        sigpic

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I am a little surprised too I though James Jones would be that vet that helps the younger guys and comes in as 3rd or 4th reciever to make a key 3rd down reception to keep drive moving. So much as to what I thought

1. Allen
                          2. Benjamin
                          3. T. Williams
                          4. Inman - to me he's just a guy who doesn't play special teams could of just keep Jones the proven vet
                          5. Isaiah Burse - I haven't seen much in game situation put good reviews in practice plus is a special teams player

Who makes it if they go with 6?

Last comment what is so special about Inman???

Comment

Working...
                          X