• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Week 1 Vs. Chiefs Discussion

I was thinking maybe every week we can have an opponent discussion thread that will end up being the game thread? Or is that a bad idea?

Of course there will be separate threads about the opponent im sure but for injuries on both sides and just general news and notes regarding the opponent maybe this would be a good idea?

Let me know what you guys think.

Chiefs placed OLB Justin Houston (knee) on the reserve/PUP list.
    NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs are "hopeful" of a mid-season return. Houston will be first eligible to suit up in Week 8, as the Chiefs are on bye in Week 5. It's a major blow, but far from unexpected. Houston was given a 6-12 month timetable after having his (apparently non-torn) ACL repaired in February. It's still not a certainty he suits up this season. Aug 30 - 2:27 PM
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think GDTs should just stand alone from the run-up thread. It would be nice to just have a sub-forum for the GDTs as well.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

WTF Fleet??? I'm the one who starts a thread with the point spread for the upcoming game to give everyone a place to do this.

Chiefs are 7 point favorites over the Chargers in game 1.

Discuss.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I think GDTs should just stand alone from the run-up thread. It would be nice to just have a sub-forum for the GDTs as well.
        I like the idea of a discussion thread prior to the game like this one you started Fleet, but I agree with BO on this point, GDTs should be standalone.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Ok we will just do separate threads. But i like the idea of having game related news and info for the game in one location. I dont mind multiple threads on the opponent. Like im sure there will be threads when an opponents major player is out. But it would be nice to have weekly game notes leading up the game in our archives. The thread title will be the same for each weekly thread only with the different opponents. We will give it shot and see what happens. It may not work.

But as information comes in for the Chiefs game i would love for that to go in this thread as its easy to find and keep up with updates.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Whatever we did last year sure didn't work.
            Time to change this treads
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              Whatever we did last year sure didn't work.
              Time to change this treads
              Here here. We need game-treds that get the job done. We need some hoo-doo voo-doo.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

For week 1, lets everyone rub the Charger gnomes belly (virtually) and see how that works.
                sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

7 point spread sounds about right, as they are at home, and the Chargers were a 4 win team last year.

I fully expect a loss in this game, but I do think it could be close...and I think Casey Hayward is going to help a lot.

And with Houston out... that helps our pass protection, a lot.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I like it Fleet....start it the Monday of the week leading up to the game. Like a scouting report thread of sorts.

Arrowhead is always tough for us, but at least it isn't in the winter this time.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Much like last year, I don't think we have the talent to be a come-from-behind type of team. So we may know the probable outcome early. I expect it's all going to hinge on if their line is able to push us around and run the ball down our throat. Last week in MN certainly didn't put me at ease, but it was preseason.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

My take: I see this being a close game throughout, but in the end we will give it away. We will have an early lead and when we try to hold on to it, we start making the mistakes and it unravels. Chiefs score late to take the lead but we have enough time to win it at the end and...we don't. Combination of bad clock management and poor protection put Rivers under a lot of pressure and that forces either a turnover or a turnover on downs from midfield with under a minute left.

I think we have all seen this ending before...especially under this staff.

Things too look for: I see our secondary blanketing these guys resulting in us getting some decent pressure, unfortunately this forces Alex Smith (Go Utes!) to take off. This is bad for us as our guys are horrible open field tacklers and neither of our middle backers have the speed to keep up; so look for Smith to get a few first downs with his legs.

Can we run the ball? Damn that is going to be the question every game all season.

Can we stop the run? Damn that is going to be the question every game all season.

Special teams. Can we find a way to pick up more return yards and give the offense something to work with.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                        X