Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post
    My lowest point with the Chargers has to start and end with me. I unconsciously make this team my surrogate to "greatness" (all in an effort to distract me from examining and eliminating my long-held problematic thinking and emotional habits that could possibly liberate me from said surrogacy). Being a fan of sports teams for me is like being a drunken sailor...the game representing a port (bars) where I place all my desires to make me enough - on the outside. I hope I decide to grow up some day and do the work to free me from my odd addiction. Can anyone relate to this? For your sake I hope you can't. It's miserable. And stupid as fuck!
    Psychotherapy, STAT!!
    haha
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

An under rated low point for me was the last time Rivers lost in New England in the playoffs under Lynn.
      Last chance at redemption and Bradys O scores 5 straight times.
      Would have made a meaningful book ending to a great career.
      jeez.
      Poor Phil never had a chance thar day.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Craig440
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

When I realized what I had done.

I was a young boy and my neighbor was the Chargers DE. I was very sick and he brought me a game ball signed by the entire 63 Chargers. I played with it in the street and still have it. You can't read any name.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
          Since Balboa Stadium
          • Sep 2022
          • LA
          • Send PM

Not sure sure about records...but the days I heard the news Bobby Ross and Marty were let go.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
            FUdean
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

The day that Fuking FUdean ripped my San Diego fandom heart out.

FUdean.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
              FUdean
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

I was a young boy and my neighbor was the Chargers DE. I was very sick and he brought me a game ball signed by the entire 63 Chargers. I played with it in the street and still have it. You can't read any name.
              Bummer but don’t beat yourself up. How many baseball cards did we clip to the spokes of our tires as kids.

just me?

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                Since Balboa Stadium
                • Sep 2022
                • LA
                • Send PM

This is so great if you have not seen it. PR one of my all time favorites. Shoot...he could play now for sure....

Check out his son Gunner...already almost as tall as his Dad and only in high school.

I expect to see Gunner in the NFL some day!

Comment

• FtheTurds
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

I grew up in San Carlos a block from Lake Murray, went to Balboa Stadium for a game. My friends a few blocks away, moved in and their dad was the Asst LB Coach, last name was Simpson. Went to Sunset Park many of times, watching their practices. That was when the players stayed at the facility (food and bunkbeds).. Sat in Lance Alworths bunk as he got ready for practice. .players had to have a job in the off season to survive. OHHH those were the days..

Comment

• Craig440
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Bummer but don’t beat yourself up. How many baseball cards did we clip to the spokes of our tires as kids.

just me?
                    Not just you. I did that with lots of old baseball cards also.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                      FUdean
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FtheTurds View Post

I grew up in San Carlos a block from Lake Murray, went to Balboa Stadium for a game. My friends a few blocks away, moved in and their dad was the Asst LB Coach, last name was Simpson. Went to Sunset Park many of times, watching their practices. That was when the players stayed at the facility (food and bunkbeds).. Sat in Lance Alworths bunk as he got ready for practice. .players had to have a job in the off season to survive. OHHH those were the days..
                      Same experience here. Might have played flag football with you. Remember Lorain & Rays store on the corner of Balrdrich and Lake Murray drive?

Comment

• FtheTurds
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Same experience here. Might have played flag football with you. Remember Lorain & Rays store on the corner of Balrdrich and Lake Murray drive?
                        Played in Pop Warner against Marcus Allen. He was a man amongst boys.. We beat them in the championship. We practiced all week for the long bomb, first play, long bomb, TD...

Don't recall Lorain and Rays...but will look it up to see if this old brain can remember...

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                          FUdean
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FtheTurds View Post

Played in Pop Warner against Marcus Allen. He was a man amongst boys.. We beat them in the championship. We practiced all week for the long bomb, first play, long bomb, TD...

Don't recall Lorain and Rays...but will look it up to see if this old brain can remember...
                          Their store was on the south side of lake Murray. The other side of the tracks lol. So many memories. What was the golf course along the lake. Flipped my first golf cart there. Pop was pissed.

Comment

Working...
                          X