• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

What's in the water in San Diego? Our players whodon'tgiveafuck

Four years into the Spanos-Telesco-McCoy Era, the Chargers, absent catastrophic injury, should notch a third non-losing season in four years

"Four highly paid Chargers players who said they failed to achieve optimal weight-and-fitness last year -- Orlando Franklin, Brandon Flowers, Corey Liuget and D.J. Fluker -- are among the returnees as well." -- Krasovic article

Does that info piss anyone else off? I mean, what's in the damn water here that informs players they can sit back and take it easy once they sign a big contract? First there was Jared Gaither the Stiff. Then Donald "I'm not a footman" Butler. Now it's Franklin, Flowers, Liuget, and Fluker.

I'm sorry guys, but I firmly believe in a contract stipulation for players that say something like this..."If it can be proven you are not in optimal football shape upon your first game of play then your contract shall be considered null and void." There really needs to be something like that language in NFL contracts. We have too many free-loaders who don't give a fuck. And we wonder why we suck.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

This is all on the coach and GM and GM behind the curtain. Two we can change the other one we are stuck with.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Does it piss me off when a player says franklin my dear, I don't give a fluke, and just mails it in or won't stay in shape?
      Yes it does. I guess I could add fizzled bolts of yore like Olshansky and dat dude, so it's happened for a while... I'll throw in Toniu Fonoti's cafeteria presence for good measure as well. If some guy's a bust right from the start, that sucks, but it's worse when a guy shows he can be good but doesn't want it once the check is cashed.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Big Lou was never in shape, but we all loved him. Times have changed.

I don't know - I wish our GM would make better decisions on players he has already seen as a Charger. Should have never resigned Liuget. For years, dude has been one of the main causes for our weak-ass D line.
        Telesco made the same bad decision with Butler.
        I blame Spanos more for the Weddle fiasco, but, of all the Chargers defensive players when Telesco got here, Weddle was the only one I would have bothered to try to resign. And Telesco didn't seem interested.
        It makes me question all of Telesco's other decisions regarding veteran football players, when, at least with the first two players, I, a dumbass fan, knew more than he did. We'll see about Weddle.

Really - the only free-agent success Telesco has had has been at offensive tackle and backup runningback. Perhaps we can just have him key in on tackles and backup runners while we let somebody else pick the rest of the players.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

I am not a fan of free agents in any sport.

Seems the only sport where free agents actually can work out is basketball because of LeBron.

Gotta build through draft.

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Fluker is the biggest disappointment because he was a first round draft pick.

Can't miss on those.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Sounds like these guys are in shape now?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                Sounds like these guys are in shape now?
                About to find out.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                  I am not a fan of free agents in any sport.

Seems the only sport where free agents actually can work out is basketball because of LeBron.

Gotta build through draft.
                  That's what Steve says.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                    Big Lou was never in shape, but we all loved him. Times have changed.

I don't know - I wish our GM would make better decisions on players he has already seen as a Charger. Should have never resigned Liuget. For years, dude has been one of the main causes for our weak-ass D line.
                    Telesco made the same bad decision with Butler.
                    I blame Spanos more for the Weddle fiasco, but, of all the Chargers defensive players when Telesco got here, Weddle was the only one I would have bothered to try to resign. And Telesco didn't seem interested.
                    It makes me question all of Telesco's other decisions regarding veteran football players, when, at least with the first two players, I, a dumbass fan, knew more than he did. We'll see about Weddle.

Really - the only free-agent success Telesco has had has been at offensive tackle and backup runningback. Perhaps we can just have him key in on tackles and backup runners while we let somebody else pick the rest of the players.
                    I forget how much Big Louie was getting in his day but today these guys are paid too much to not have their own trainers and nutritionists/chefs. The onus is on the players to stay in shape with all the money they make. Not the coaches IMO.

These guys better start off well.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Fluker is no surprise since his weight will always be an issue. He showed up for training camp overweight after shedding weight in the spring. He's constantly fighting the weight battle.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Fluker is no surprise since his weight will always be an issue. He showed up for training camp overweight after shedding weight in the spring. He's constantly fighting the weight battle.
                        How much money does he have? Can't he afford a personal trainer and chef for all his meals? Hire (Fluker needs to) a fucking baby-sitter to trail around with him if he can't control what he puts in his body. I'm tired of these lame ass excuses the Chargers always have for us.

Comment

Working...
                        X