Chargers at Broncos Pregame / Game Day Thread / Post Game Rxn (Wk 17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The player I would most like to see traded is Derwin James. He's suffered meniscus tears in both knees, the left in college in 2016 and the right in 2020. I don't think he's ever fully recovered from the 2nd surgery. He doesn't have speed, he's a liability in coverage. He's average, and Giff is only using him situationally now. He is making far too much money to deliver only average play.

I agree on Bosa; they'll be luck to get a third for a player who is never on the field though. Maybe the 49ers will want to pair him with his brother and Levi's Stadium has natural grass. SF has a conditional 3rd #98 in addition to their regular pick, which will be high 80s to mid 90s.

I hate to see Mike Williams go, but you are right, they can't have two $20m WRs and Mike just can't stay healthy. I have no idea what to expect to get for him, but he would be good for a young QB with is large catch radius, ability to make contested catches and his red zone prowess, especially on fade routes.

I still think it would behoove the Chargers to trade down in order to stockpile as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as possible. Those are where the value picks are. The Patriots used to do that and it worked well for them. The Chargers need multiple RBs, multiple CBs, at least one WR with speed, a safety, a right tackle, IDL, a TE and an ILB.

I'd like to see Bosa gone, Derwin gone, JT woods gone, Kendricks gone, Michael Davis gone, Chris Rumph gone, Spiller gone. You know Ekeler is gone, probably Everett too and Parham. Guyton is probably gone too.

There's going to be some major roster turnover next season and this team is going to need value picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
    If we can get a good pick for Derwin ,...a 2nd, I'd consider it heavily. I think his contract won't really allow to trade him this year.

We'll see how he plays this week. He looked alot better last week. I still believe he can be good again pulling back all his extra duties but we'll see.

The new staff will surely take a long look at his film from Bradleys defense and Staleys and use him the best way he will work for us.

I just think Staley was stubborn and had a plan that wasn't working but stuck to it.amd didn't adapt.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If we can get a good pick for Derwin ,...a 2nd, I'd consider it heavily. I think his contract won't really allow to trade him this year.

We'll see how he plays this week. He looked alot better last week. I still believe he can be good again pulling back all his extra duties but we'll see.

The new staff will surely take a long look at his film from Bradleys defense and Staleys and use him the best way he will work for us.

I just think Staley was stubborn and had a plan that wasn't working but stuck to it.amd didn't adapt.
      i think that applies to the entire defensive backfield and the #1 reason we are 30th/whatever in pass defense. they are probably high teens if they simply played for a normal coach who designed normal coverages.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
      X