• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

OT 9/11 Thread

I thought I'd create a thread devoted to the memory of those killed back in 2001. Maybe, if you wish, you can talk about where you were when you first read, heard, or saw what happened that day. And of course how you still feel about it.

I remember I was in Palm Desert, CA at a Sunbus bus stop waiting to be picked up by a friend (acquaintance is more like it) on Towne Center Way to help clean some area pools. Just regular backyard pools. My friend had a wild look in his eye that I'd never seen before that morning when he arrived. Then he told me what he saw on the news and I was in a daze wondering if it was the beginning of some sort of invasion. But I had no idea who (which country). The whole time I was with Matt (my pool cleaning boss) that morning going from one backyard to the next I was in a sort of fear I don't ever recall having before - or since. Like a fear of impending REAL doom. That's the best I can describe it. Real doom.

Then after a couple hours cleaning pools I was dropped off at home and turned on the TV in time to see the buildings collapse and hear about people throwing themselves out of windows. Information overload. Info-overload. It still has me by the balls. Don't ask me how New Yorkers move on from that experience. I literally have no idea how they do it. I know a guy who lives in New York. Black dude. Really nice guy. Same age as me. We met through the Strat-o-matic baseball site. He coaches basketball and helps kids do the right thing. I really admire the guy. Very smart. But he has depression issues - significant stuff - and I wonder how much 9/11 has a hold on him. Makes me sad to think about.

Oh, that's about it I guess. For now. Thank you for this forum, guys. God Bless and good thoughts to you all.

Fred
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"
Working...
X