The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Choices at halftime:

Hang 50 on the Chiefs
    Choke on your own nuts.

We made the wrong choice.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Still think the worst was not being aggressive on defense. Whoever makes that call needs to get fired whenever that is possible. During this season or after. Tired of these type of loses. On how the offense is suddenly inept at pass blocking, i just dont know.
      I was too drunk to tell if we went into prevent in the 2nd half. If you are right that we lost because we toned it down playcall-wise in the 2nd half, I'll jump on the "Fire everybody" bandwagon.

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Still think the worst was not being aggressive on defense. Whoever makes that call needs to get fired whenever that is possible. During this season or after. Tired of these type of loses. On how the offense is suddenly inept at pass blocking, i just dont know.
        Exactly this. The O gave us a 21 point lead at one point into the second half. That should have been enough for them to go into cruise control mode. That and zero turnovers.

It was the D that really let us down the most with that prevent crap.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
          Exactly this. The O gave us a 21 point lead at one point into the second half. That should have been enough for them to go into cruise control mode. That and zero turnovers.

It was the D that really let us down the most with that prevent crap.
          Clearly the D massively choked, but I'm not sure how you can overlook the offense not helping out at all. After we kicked the fg to go up 27-10, our drives were:

3 plays and a missed fg
          4 plays and a punt
          3 plays and a punt
          5 plays and a punt

Not exactly helping the D out there. Add in horrible punting and some bad play calling, and it's an entire team choke.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Clearly the D massively choked, but I'm not sure how you can overlook the offense not helping out at all. After we kicked the fg to go up 27-10, our drives were:

3 plays and a missed fg
            4 plays and a punt
            3 plays and a punt
            5 plays and a punt

Not exactly helping the D out there. Add in horrible punting and some bad play calling, and it's an entire team choke.
            Yea. Was it the offense or the defense that gave us a 21 point lead? In the first half, neither unit could have done much better. In the 2nd half, they both tanked like little bitches.

I don't think Allen should make that much of a difference, but, so far, it looks like I think wrong.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Fire everyone

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I need to meditate and then quit watching San Diego football of all sorts. I would be so much more calm and serene. Why wouldn't I do that?
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Rambler
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • No Cal
                  • Civil Research Attorney
                  • Send PM

I think we are going to see a lot more offenses do what the Chiefs did today. Perryman and Te'o really struggled with coverage today. Add in very ordinary to mediocre safeties that aren't much help and I am guessing we'll keep seeing offenses attack us that way.
                  I don't see how they can play Perryman and Te'o at the same time, let alone when trying to hold a lead in the 4th quarter. Neither is good at coverage. Maybe you can leave one on the field with a coverage inside linebacker (which is what they drafted Jatavias (?) Brown to be-- put in Brown and McCoil in those situations, not Perryman and Te'o). That, and where were the blitz calls? Prevent defense against a disciplined offense and enough time is death. But that's the mentality of the head coach-- play not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                    I need to meditate and then quit watching San Diego football of all sorts. I would be so much more calm and serene. Why wouldn't I do that?
                    Don't quit on the Aztecs. Even if we fail this year as we always do, there will be a next year. No need to take this year so seriously.

The Chargers, on the other hand ...

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Fire everyone

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

3 plays and a missed fg
                        4 plays and a punt
                        3 plays and a punt
                        5 plays and a punt

on 1 extreme, too much reliance on Woodhead running that delay up the gut getting stuffed and on the other hand passing on 3rd and short.

Not to mention burning all our timeouts prematurely. What was THAT all about?
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          are you sure that's what it was? To me it looked a WHOLE lot like that home game against Denver 3 years ago when Wiz was OC; jump out to huge lead in the 1st half, then McCoy turtles up and takes his foot off the gas in 2nd half while Pagano plays prevent cause they think they have the win in the bag. We had NO pass rush and KC picked on Te'o with RBs and our DBs with the TE the whole 2nd half. Why did we go back to that stupid delayed draw up the middle to Woodhead instead of powering it with Gordon like the 1st half? Did our OL know how to block in the 1st half and forget in the 2nd half? How does that happen like a light switch after that big 1st half where we played great in all 3 phases?
                          The game plan seemed similar but we were trailing big in the Denver game before Whiz finally turned Rivers loose.

So where is the conservative offense coming from: McCoy, Whiz or a combination of both?

Comment

Working...
                          X