Chiefs @ Chargers Pregame / Game Day Thread / Post Game Rxn (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

you guys really want a tight end at 5?

when is the last time a great tight was drafted that high?

last tight end drafted that high was what Kyle Pitts?

still hasn't done anything since and he was a athletic freak.
    but he is fast but soft and has never had an accurate QB......

Bowers is a physical beast with speed and power and great hands and great toughness....... not sure if he is better than taking the best OT or a great DL/pass rusher? or shut down CB?

Comment

• MagicMamba88
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

but he is fast but soft and has never had an accurate QB......

Bowers is a physical beast with speed and power and great hands and great toughness....... not sure if he is better than taking the best OT or a great DL/pass rusher? or shut down CB?
      but what tight end drafted in top 10 in the draft has done anything in history of the NFL?

Kyle Pitts - 4th overall

T. J. Hockenson - 8th overall

Vernon Davis - 6th overall

Kellen Winslow Jr. - 6th overall

Eric Ebron - 10th overall

outside of the top 10

Tony Gonzales - 13th overall - The only great tight end drafted this high.

Jeremy Schockey 14th overall - he had moments early in his career but thats about it.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

only trade down a spot or 2... NEVER pass on elite difference making players when you suck enough to get one....

if you draft average players you will always be middle of the road never winning championships and never drafting elite game changing players.... great OT's, DL's, CB's QB's are taken high in first round.....

You can find great WR's, RB's, LBers....OG's....C's...Safeties..... after first round... although elite LBer/pass rushers are taken high
        I don’t know about DL (unless you’re lumping edge rushers in here) taken high part. It’s the other position you mentioned. Outside of a shutdown corner, I think it’s better to trade down to accumulate picks to replenish our team because this team won’t be able to do anything in FA.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

I think a lot of people are missing the fact. One post said it. Bowers is like a defacto running back. Ladanian Tomlinson in terms of impact player.

the way the NFL is today with the Quarterback you need the tight end who gets those screens and can take it all the way.

You wanna talk Goal line we can scoop toss sweep to him. How about Davis and him in the backfield goal line??? Teams will lose their shit what to do.

that’s the Tyreke Hill Kelce effect. Elite speed with power.

hopefully Davis can bulk up a little bit. Johnston it helps him to.

all around our offense looks a lot better today.

this reminds me when Vick was the number 1 Quarterback but the best player in that draft was Tomlinson at 5.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

pitts hasn't exactly had and ideal situation in ATL and playing for a run first offensive minded coach didn't help either...
            Very true but he isn't the blocker Bowers is. Not close really.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              I think a lot of people are missing the fact. One post said it. Bowers is like a defacto running back. Ladanian Tomlinson in terms of impact player.

the way the NFL is today with the Quarterback you need the tight end who gets those screens and can take it all the way.

You wanna talk Goal line we can scoop toss sweep to him. How about Davis and him in the backfield goal line??? Teams will lose their shit what to do.

that’s the Tyreke Hill Kelce effect. Elite speed with power.

hopefully Davis can bulk up a little bit. Johnston it helps him to.

all around our offense looks a lot better today.

this reminds me when Vick was the number 1 Quarterback but the best player in that draft was Tomlinson at 5.
              i don't see it.

hes gonna have to have better combine numbers then Vernon Davis for me to get my attention for the 5th pick.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

but what tight end drafted in top 10 in the draft has done anything in history of the NFL?

Kyle Pitts - 4th overall

T. J. Hockenson - 8th overall

Vernon Davis - 6th overall

Kellen Winslow Jr. - 6th overall

Eric Ebron - 10th overall

outside of the top 10

Tony Gonzales - 13th overall - The only great tight end drafted this high.

Jeremy Schockey 14th overall - he had moments early in his career but thats about it.
                Kellen Winslow SR was drafted 10th overall and is in HOF as maybe best TE in history..... his son was faster and more athletic but softer...physically and mentally

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Kellen Winslow SR was drafted 10th overall and is in HOF as maybe best TE in history..... his son was faster and more athletic but softer...physically and mentally
                  best in history?

maybe in the 80s but those numbers are basically what Shockey put up in his up and down career. and i wouldn't call Shockey no where near the best.

Antonio Gates - undrafted

Rob Gronkowski - 2nd round

Travis Kelce - 3rd round

Jason Witten - 3rd round

George Kittle - 5th round

Shannon Sharpe - 7th round

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

i don't see it.

hes gonna have to have better combine numbers then Vernon Davis for me to get my attention for the 5th pick.
                    no..... combine numbers are over rated..... DRAFT FOOTBALL PLAYERS..... Bowers is a FOOTBALL PLAYER!... in real games...
                    remember the guy who was a hybrid S/LB/DE/CB that AZ drafted? that many Chargers fans wanted?..... top player at combine and has done nothing in NFL....

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

best in history?

maybe in the 80s but those numbers are basically what Shockey put up in his up and down career. and i wouldn't call Shockey no where near the best.

Antonio Gates - undrafted

Rob Gronkowski - 2nd round

Travis Kelce - 3rd round

Jason Witten - 3rd round

George Kittle - 5th round
                      ...and can we have separate list of great TE's drafted in the top 10 please

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

no..... combine numbers are over rated..... DRAFT FOOTBALL PLAYERS..... Bowers is a FOOTBALL PLAYER!... in real games...
                        remember the guy who was a hybrid S/LB/DE/CB that AZ drafted? that many Chargers fans wanted?..... top player at combine and has done nothing in NFL....
                        this is how you end up with slow ass Mike Williams with the 7th overall pick

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Simmons... I wanted him. Glad we didn't get him.

Comment

Working...
                          X