• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Kyle Posey always said 'tis best to stick w/your guy and not to be so easily swayed by the naysayers, and so yes.... gotta stick w/Brock as know you're thanking your lucky stars that we even have a chance to draft him, 'specially after we've whiffed @TE the last coupla few drafts.

and re: intangibles.... it's not all the prescient things you listed as intangibles, and rather just my personal sense that I get.... coz it is my pick, and right or wrong, for better or worse.

I just like Taliese as a Charger, and more so than the ballyhooed pass catchers or Alt.... do like Fashanu's intangibles, but he ain't the RT that Fuaga is.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

For me, it's Bowers at 5 or a trade with MIN.
      A trade with CHI at 9 would be great but they have only 3rd and 4th this year.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Just saw the eye watering contract Amon-Ra got and now I'm second guessing a first round WR at all. Would we even have the coin to resign a guy like that after 4-5 years?

"Worry about that later," I suppose, bit of we're picking this high I really would like a lifer or at least a guy we can give a second contract to
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Just saw the eye watering contract Amon-Ra got and now I'm second guessing a first round WR at all. Would we even have the coin to resign a guy like that after 4-5 years?

"Worry about that later," I suppose, bit of we're picking this high I really would like a lifer or at least a guy we can give a second contract to
          That's why you draft them. You can't afford to sign one in free agency.

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

That's why you draft them. You can't afford to sign one in free agency.
            Much less trade the farm for one and THEN have to pay him.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Changing my mind.

I think the pick will be Alt at #5. Safest option. I also don't think Hortiz will get the trade haul he's looking for.

They will address WR later and also probably next year.

I think this year is about changing the attitude, toughness and culture of this team. It all starts in the trenches, NOT the WR room.

Alt would be a great addition to this team for all the above reasons. Plug and play/dominate for the next 10 years. Someone who will keep the Max Crosbys of the world off of JH.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

And Apparently Vegas is now thinking it will be JC Latham at 5. A guy who would easily be available at 10 or 11.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                  And Apparently Vegas is now thinking it will be JC Latham at 5. A guy who would easily be available at 10 or 11.
                  I woke up this morning, feeling an acceptance of Latham being the pick at #5. The pick would absolutely address a significant need, but certainly lacks a 'value' dimension. However...

I personally think that multiple trade offers will come in, and that there will be one that is good enough to persuade Hortiz to pull the trigger.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    All that matters is Joe Hortiz's ranking of these guys.

Latham would be a great addition to the Bolts, even at #5.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

In 1983, the Chargers passed on OT Bruce Matthews at #5 overall, and selected Billy Ray Smith instead.

I'm hoping Hortiz doesn't bypass a H.O.F. guy for a steady-eddie, just to meet a greater need.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

all I gotta say is don't get caught up in the measurables/metrics, RAS etc.

you don't need the drill.... you need the hole !! (you don't need the mouse trap.... you need a dead mouse)

it's not the water, it's the energy of the wave that moves thru it that creates the breaking wave.

it's mindset fellas.... it comes out in the way they play the game.

am not convinced that Latham doesn't have some of that same Alabama mindset that has derailed/hampered other Olinemen outta there....

and after DJ Fluker, just not sure where anybody's mindset is that thinks we would do well by pushing all our chips in on another of seemingly the same ilk ??

do think Hortiz prefers to trade down, and am gonna trust that he knows what he's doing.... which from the cheap seats here, sure looks like Fuaga is a much better gambit.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          For me, it's Bowers at 5 or a trade with MIN.
                          A trade with CHI at 9 would be great but they have only 3rd and 4th this year.
                          Agree, a tackle here is just flushing the pick down the toilet

Comment

Working...
                          X