• Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    City officials in Vegas are excited about the possibility of a NFL team here. They know what it brings and even said it puts Vegas on the Map........like they arent already and the SD officials are just douchebags and have no idea what having the Chargers means. Maybe its old hat to them and they wont know til they are gone to what dumbshits they have been.

Now the Vegas vote doesnt need 2/3 of the public to vote yes because it was a unanimous panel vote to approve it, so that helps. Im no Raiders fan but even id like to see them come here. Wish they would change their name and colors but that wont happen.
    I think the Raiders would be a good fit for Las Vegas and for the AFC West. They are similar to the Cowboys with a following from all over, that will benefit tourism in Las Vegas with fans traveling in. Oakland has not fought for the Raiders to this point and with 49ers so close it is logical for the Raiders to move. San Diego on the other hand is a city I believe the NFL still covets. They can't show their hand, wanting to maximize what contribution they get from the city.
    Last edited by BoltBacker; 09-17-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
      I think the Raiders would be a good fit for Las Vegas and for the AFC West. They are similar to the Cowboys with a following from all over, that will benefit tourism in Las Vegas with fans traveling in. Oakland has not fought for the Raiders to this point and with 49ers so close it is logical for the Raiders to move. San Diego on the other hand is a city I believe the NFL still covets. They can't show their hand, wanting to maximize what contribution they get from the city.
      Yes, the NFL highly covets San Diego, AJ said so in the interview with Acee.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

You are only the San Diego Chargers one year at a time.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          AJ, bitter about being fired, is trying to sabotage the vote. The threat of leaving is the biggest motivation to vote yes.
          He didn't sound bitter at all and he praised Deano as being the best boss that he's ever worked for.

The threat of leaving is definitely big motivation but IMO being able to get all these needed projects done downtown with TOT money and opening up MV to SDSU is something that the city will benefit from tremendously for decades. There isn't anything bigger that I can think of that can happen to San Diego.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Chargers sent going anywhere huh?

What Dean's clown car stuck in the mud?
            Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
            X