Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

NT Prospect

At 7-foot-1 and 400 pounds, high school football player Brave Williams is larger than life

Senior at Lake Shore High School in Angola, N.Y., is bigger than any player in the NFL.

When John Williams found out his wife Angela was pregnant with a boy, he dreamed that the child would one day grow to be 7-feet tall.

But he had no idea the boy would become the largest high school football prospect in the country – taller and heavier than any player currently on a NFL roster.

Enter Brave Williams, a real life giant.

The 7-foot-1, 400-pound senior football and basketball player from Lake Shore (Angola, N.Y.) wears a size 21 shoe and has always stood out ... literally.

"When my mom was in labor she had to have a cesarean section because my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I was coming out feet first," Brave Williams said. "The doctors tried to pull me out three times before they were going to take more drastic measures. But as soon as my dad touched my mom's forehead, I let go, and the doctors got me out. My dad instantly named me Brave because I needed a strong name."

And strong legs. That's a large frame he's got to lift everyday.

"I've been bigger than everybody my entire life," he said. "In kindergarten, I was already 5-3 and towered over everyone."

He still does. A product of Native American and African-American heritage, Williams commands attention even if he doesn't seek it. He's somewhat larger than life, says his mom. She stands 5-9. His dad is 6-4.

"Whenever we leave the reservation we live on (Cattaraugus in the Seneca Nation of Indians), he's a walking celebrity," his mother said. "People just want to touch him and strangers always stop him for pictures."

Around home, he's a typical, somewhat clumsy teen. But when you're as big as Shaquille O'Neal, it's problematic. Angela said her son accidentally breaks pantry doors, chairs and couches. She periodically hears loud thumps around the house and instantly shakes her head and knows the cause: Big Ol' Brave.

But Williams is known to stand for some causes too. He once claimed the title of middle school president with the slogan "If you want big change – vote for the big guy!"

The same thoughtful kid drives his sister Vivian to school every day, takes honors classes and is team manager of an elite semi-pro lacrosse team called the Native Sons.

"He's that guy you can depend on," Angela said. "He commands your respect. Though he's the sweetest guy ever, people still know better than to mess with him."

Especially on the gridiron.

Williams started playing football just three years ago and has been on varsity squad the past two seasons. He started three games last season at nose tackle and registered three tackles. In the winter, he played basketball for the Eagles and appeared in five games.

Though those numbers won't scare anyone, his weight room numbers are impressive. He said his workouts include squats of 1,000 pounds three times and bench presses of 200 pounds 20 times.

"I'd like to lose some fat and gain more muscle," he said.

Video clearly shows that he's a raw football player while navigating his massive frame among quicker players. He has not received any athletic scholarship offers to date, but that's one of his dreams.

"I attended a football camp at the University of Buffalo last year and coach Jeff Quinn (now an offensive analyst for Notre Dame), said he'd like to have me on the team," Williams said. "I haven't been in contact with him since last year, though. But I'd like to obtain a football or basketball scholarship from Buffalo, Penn State or Syracuse."

For now, he just wants to get back on the field. He injured his back last week, but plans to return to action Sept. 23 against Amherst Central.

If Williams' football career doesn't work out, he'll certainly be the most noticeable employee in most any future business. He said he wants to major in engineering.
  • Lightningwill_420

5'3" tall in kindergarten.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
      5'3" tall in kindergarten.
      That's insane.

How does a 7'1" NT play with leverage though?

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

dude has zero football skills.

he should play bball.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          That's insane.

Hell, would he have to?
          Even if he just fell to the ground he'd occupy the center and both guards.

Comment

That's insane.

He squats 1,000 pounds. He can just walk right through them.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

That's insane.

The same way a 5'3 kindergartner would. He should hire Too Tall Jones as coach.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

That's insane.

They dont....in the NFL anyways LOL,, he wouldnt make a good NT. In fact he would be better served as a OL, a TE if he has any speed at all or a basketball player.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Tallest pro-football player ever was a 7-foot-tall Raider. How scary is that.

Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Asela
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Send PM

NT Prospect

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    They dont....in the NFL anyways LOL,, he wouldnt make a good NT. In fact he would be better served as a OL, a TE if he has any speed at all or a basketball player.
                    A TE at that size would would be scary for opposing DBs. Once he caught the ball, if he had any speed no one would even want to try to tackle him. The DBs would just try to slow him down until the bug boys caught up. He'd be a matchup nightmare. And as a TE blocker he could seal the edge easily or be a lead blocker for outside runs and WR screens. TE blocking would be easier for him than a DL or OL I would imagine.

Does he have the coordination to catch a ball though, that's key to being a multi-purpose threat. Slimming down and adding muscle is just discipline. He would need a ton of individual coaching and training for his unique size and to make the most use of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

5'3" in kindergarten isn't normal, I wonder if he has that pituitary gland disease that both Andre the Giant and Paul Wight (The Big Show from the WWE) has? If so, his life expectancy isn't supposed to be much past his 40s.

Comment

• Asela
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        5'3" in kindergarten isn't normal, I wonder if he has that pituitary gland disease that both Andre the Giant and Paul Wight (The Big Show from the WWE) has? If so, his life expectancy isn't supposed to be much past his 40s.
                        Very true. The life span of 7 footers tend to be significantly below average. That will be a fact of life for him but if he can make high income during his life, perhaps he can improve his quality of life. Sounds like a good kid. Might not be nasty enough for football though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X