• TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

OT: Flacco Banners Irk Bronco Fans

Oh this is great!

============

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/352281/222/Flacco-banners-irk-Broncos-fans

Flacco banners irk Broncos fans

DENVER - Banners in downtown Denver advertising the upcoming opening night game between the Broncos and Ravens have some Broncos fans upset.

The banners showcase Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

Fans are questioning the decision to include Flacco in the league's Denver advertising campaign, especially after January's upset that ended the Broncos' season.

A release by the Broncos says in part, "The NFL equally promotes both teams as part of its annual kickoff game." It goes on to say, "Fans may notice some promotional art outside Sports Authority Field at Mile High and around town, but inside the stadium, the game will have the feel of any other Broncos home game."

http://instagram.com/p/dfnQbBmosK/
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

A true bronco fan would have put peyton's face on that banner by now. Bunch of slackers.

Comment

• cyberbolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Fuck them. The game shouldn't even be there.

Comment

• Highboltage
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        A true bronco fan would have put peyton's face on that banner by now. Bunch of slackers.
        Not even a Sharpie mustache?

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Fan petitions league to remove Joe Flacco banner from Mile High

petition on Change.org
          The petition reads:

To: Roger Goodell, @nflcommish, National Football League
          Take the Joe Flacco signage off my Mile High Stadium! Broncos Nation will not endure this detestable and audacious act. Who in their right mind thought that we would just let this fly?! We stand united against your unbearable Joe Flacco signage.

Sincerely,
          [Your name]
          Denver fans have been up in armsDenver Broncos@DenverBroncos
          Because the NFL promotes both teams playing in its annual Kickoff Game, fans will notice signage outside @SportsAuthField and around town that features the Broncos and Ravens. But regardless of league guidelines, this will always be #BroncosCountry...
          Andy Mac @TheAndyMac15
          I usually like @PeterBurnsRadio. But I hope he gets killed on Twitter today for insulting a fan base today. #beenherefortwentyminutes
          John Reidy @JohnReidyDenver
          @PeterBurnsRadio you may find the Flacco controversy to be ridiculous, but pretending to not understand why fans are mad is disingenuous.
          Peter Burns @PeterBurnsRadio
          If you get pissed at NFL Flacco poster in Denver, go ahead and get pissed at Nuggs/Rox/Avs for marketing other teams in ticket packages
          Billy Stupansky @BillyStup
          @PeterBurnsRadio last time I checked they aren't hanging pictures of Pavel datsuk, Kobe Bryant, and Buster Posey around town.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Anything that annoys Bronco fans is OK with me.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Anything that annoys Bronco fans is OK with me.
              Raiders fans annoy Broncos fans, and I'm not okay with Raiders fans.

Comment

Working...
              X