• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Another friendly reminder that the Charger big board will be different than any consensus big board, which ostensibly justifies selecting your guy lol.

Spring has sprung.
    April is on the horizon.
    It's Alt folks.
    There's numerous really good ones.
    Sucks that we won't get them.
    So, if it's Alt, does that mean we will have to ahem, CONTROL ALT DELETE all those other names?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Absolutely pointless to even be mentioning Bowers at 37. You might as well hope for Fuaga or Dallas Turner at 37
      Yep...hoping for Bowers at 37 is like hoping to...

image.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

again, and personal opinion, is that if we are ever gonna move off of SuperCharger football and start playing SB football.... suspect it starts w/the Lines and less so w/pass catching eye candy/shiny new toys ??
        did you just say we don't have a decent LT? boy, thats gonna send massive reverberations up and down the coast once others find this out! TSUNAMI ALERT, EVERYONE GET TO HIGH GROUND!

Alas, it will be too late for some ...

Season 3 Bobby GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

Me, I'll be rocking it ...

Echo Park Wave GIF by Feeder
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

did you just say we don't have a decent LT? boy, thats gonna send massive reverberations up and down the coast once others find this out! TSUNAMI ALERT, EVERYONE GET TO HIGH GROUND!

Alas, it will be too late for some ...

Season 3 Bobby GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

Me, I'll be rocking it ...

Echo Park Wave GIF by Feeder
          Speaking of massive reverberations up and down the coast, NOTHING compares with this:

(Get prepared everyone...the BIG ONE is coming...)

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Watched pretty much every Dobbins game from college. I am a big fan of him. But just to set expectations:

Freshman - outstanding, Soph - had an off year, just did not look like same player, Jr - outstanding and dominating. Ran with power, great speed and balance, very quick. Good receiver

As an NFL rookie did not play until last half of the season. He was good, but did not look as good as he did at OSU. Year two he tore his LCL, ACL, his hamstring, and had meniscus issues. Missed most of the season. Year 3 tore his Achilles in week one.

He is worth a low ball contract. I fear he may have Jason Verrett syndrome —a really talented player with awful injury luck. And he really has barely played as a pro. When he has played, he has good stats but he has not shown the balance and quickness and speed I saw in college. If you watch his highlights even when he breaks free you will see some stumbling without being touched and he gets caught from behind most of the time. He is a real risk and just don’t want everyone disappointed. I am really rooting for him and hope he comes here and realizes his tremendous potential.

Corum reminds me a lot of Dobbins, BTW

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Watched pretty much every Dobbins game from college. I am a big fan of him. But just to set expectations:

Freshman - outstanding, Soph - had an off year, just did not look like same player, Jr - outstanding and dominating. Ran with power, great speed and balance, very quick. Good receiver

As an NFL rookie did not play until last half of the season. He was good, but did not look as good as he did at OSU. Year two he tore his LCL, ACL, his hamstring, and had meniscus issues. Missed most of the season. Year 3 tore his Achilles in week one.

He is worth a low ball contract. I fear he may have Jason Verrett syndrome —a really talented player with awful injury luck. And he really has barely played as a pro. When he has played, he has good stats but he has not shown the balance and quickness and speed I saw in college. If you watch his highlights even when he breaks free you will see some stumbling without being touched and he gets caught from behind most of the time. He is a real risk and just don’t want everyone disappointed. I am really rooting for him and hope he comes here and realizes his tremendous potential.

TG
              I am fully on board for bringing him in as part of the RB group. He is projected to sign for 2 million.

He has stumbled his way to a 5.8 yard rushing average in the NFL over 234 carries. That works better than Spillers 2.5 yard rushing average.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Corum reminds me a lot of Dobbins, BTW

TG
                If it’s a cheap one year deal than I’m fine with it. Pushes drafting a RB until day 3 at least.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

I'm all for signing Dobbins, he is a fantastic talent, but they can't put themselves in the position of having to depend on him to be RB2 in a committee with Edwards. His injury history is just too significant. ACL tear. LCL tear. Hamstring tear. Achilles tear week 1 last season.

He looked great his rookie season. 134 carries for 805 yds/6.0 ypc, 9 rushing TDs. But has played in only 9 games the past three seasons. Missed all of 2021.

He's 5-9/212 and clocked a 4.39 40 coming of Ohio State in 2020. Whether or not he can still run like that remains to be seen. One thing going for him is he's still relatively young, just turned 25 in mid December.

It'd be great to have him on the roster, but don't put the offense in a position they have to depend on him to be on the field helping to carry the load. He can be icing on the cake though.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Jordan Schultz on Pat McAfee said today he thinks MIN and AZ already have a deal in place for 11, 23 and 108 that AZ would then have 11-23-27 in the 1st and they would then move back up! with the Chargers getting MH2 at 5, keeping 23 and trading 11, 27 and 66 for 5…AZ also has 3 3rds..

Hory Shit…I forgot AZ had 27….

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The reason I wouldn't take him at 5 is because he is not the best player on teh draft board. Granted, if he is truly the best football player, non QB on the draft board, take him. But at 5 - you have to go with top flight talent

Popper does also mention positional value of picking Bowers at 5 - makes sense
                      if Harrison is gone, he is the best player available....

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I'm all for signing Dobbins, he is a fantastic talent, but they can't put themselves in the position of having to depend on him to be RB2 in a committee with Edwards. His injury history is just too significant. ACL tear. LCL tear. Hamstring tear. Achilles tear week 1 last season.

He looked great his rookie season. 134 carries for 805 yds/6.0 ypc, 9 rushing TDs. But has played in only 9 games the past three seasons. Missed all of 2021.

He's 5-9/212 and clocked a 4.39 40 coming of Ohio State in 2020. Whether or not he can still run like that remains to be seen. One thing going for him is he's still relatively young, just turned 25 in mid December.

It'd be great to have him on the roster, but don't put the offense in a position they have to depend on him to be on the field helping to carry the load. He can be icing on the cake though.
                        great talent but a RB with that injury history is un hirable.... waste of a roster spot....

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Agreed but he adds to the group more than Spiller and Dotson. Then we draft another RB.

I think Chargers are Dobbins first visit since his doctor proclaimed him healthy and ready to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X