• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Rice is kinda growing on me.
    Well I love his highlight reel, he made it known when someone stuck a camera in his face he would like to play for Herbert/Harbaugh. I think he's going to be really good in the NFL. Second and 3rd rnd WRs often turn out to be the best WRs of their class. I'd be thrilled to get him in the 2nd or 3rd round. But not everybody on here agrees he's going to be that good.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
      Chargers can get a real good WR in Round 2 or 3. I believe that if the Charger trade down they should target a CB. They can get an OT late 1st or in the 2nd. I really believe they need CB, LB & DT.
      I'm thinking WR or Bowers, CB, RB today.

The coaches are going to really like the players we have at Apr 2 OTAs.

It's hard to guess what they and Hortiz will prioritize in the draft. BPA talent balanced with fit and need which only they know their opinions of.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

"There's also a really strong draft of wide receivers and there's going to be players that come available after the draft," Hortiz continued. "Whether they're still out there in free agency or they get released because with all the wideouts in the draft this year, there's going to be other teams that draft wideouts and they're going to end up releasing good wideouts"

Trader Joe Cool Hortiz would still likely take MHJ at #5, but he clearly ain't worried about WRs.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            "There's also a really strong draft of wide receivers and there's going to be players that come available after the draft," Hortiz continued. "Whether they're still out there in free agency or they get released because with all the wideouts in the draft this year, there's going to be other teams that draft wideouts and they're going to end up releasing good wideouts"

Trader Joe Cool Hortiz would still likely take MHJ at #5, but he clearly ain't worried about WRs.
            Josh Reynolds just signed with the Broncos for 2 years up to 14m

So who really knows what the actual value is - but I think Joe Hortiz has time to wait out the veteran WR market until post draft

Who knows, the draft stars might align WR heavy for some reason and he not only takes MHJr or Nabers in R1 but another one down the road. But yes, he is not concerned

And if Josh Reynolds is that much - I will jsut wait until post draft at this point - save the comp pick. Unless the player was released.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Want to throw the TPB board into a tailspin? Chargers trade back up in the 1st rnd either with the #23 or their own draft picks and come away with Odunze and Bowers. TPB board blows up in 3...2...1...
              Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Kinda why I like Bowers @ #5. I know the value sucks, but I would be ok with it. Then get a WR like Rice in the 3rd or 4th just looks really good at least on paper anyway.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  This may be the most important off season news so far. This savage HC has been living in an RV the past couple of months. How dialed in is this guy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nf...ead-coach.html
                  Am I the only one dying to see a pic of his "RV"? LA news crews are notoriously lazy, fortunately a crack cub reporter with a video crew managed to capture a brief clip of him leaving Ann Arbor ...

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Kinda why I like Bowers @ #5. I know the value sucks, but I would be ok with it. Then get a WR like Rice in the 3rd or 4th just looks really good at least on paper anyway.
                    Bowers is my favorite player in the draft but at 5 - I do think Marvin Harrison or Malik Nabers are better than Bowers so at that point, have to take the talent. Unless Bowers ranks higher - but I doubt it --

That said, would love to get Bowers at 11 - but I doubt he gets past the Jets at 10. Seems like they would go TE over OT

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Bowers is my favorite player in the draft but at 5 - I do think Marvin Harrison or Malik Nabers are better than Bowers so at that point, have to take the talent. Unless Bowers ranks higher - but I doubt it --

That said, would love to get Bowers at 11 - but I doubt he gets past the Jets at 10. Seems like they would go TE over OT
                      interesting that you have him as your favorite player, but dont want to take him at 5?

Bowers and Harrison are the 2 best players in the draft.... both are generational and Bowers might be best TE prospect ever...... he is almost undefendable.... he can run the balkl with power and speed..... can catch anything ..... he can out run all LBers and most secondary plyers and run over those who can catch him..... and hew has high blocking grades, plus a tough as nails attitude, that is contageous to others....

Bowers will be the best TE in NFL immediately or very shortly..... drafting a future best player in NFL at his position is worth any pick....

If a team only thinks he will be an average or above average NFL TE, then of course dont draft him high....... but many believe he will be a dominating diferencemaker.....

again i would love to trade down a few spots and grab him, but he wont drop below jets who have a good group of average NFL TE's....and many teams might trade up to get him..... I could see Reid doing it because he understands how vital a great TE is for a great QB.......

I understand that the top 3 WR's are special.... but great CB's can cover them ands take them away....there are many good WR's who could be great with a great QB....... and this draft is super deep with them and OT's......so we could take Bowers first and add OT and WR later.....

I'm old enough to remember the impact that Winslow and Gates have had to open up great offenses...... a great TE is a QB's best friend..... especially if pass rush has beaten your OL:......and in the red zone where Chargers have really sucked since Gates retired......

money is another thing...... Reid figured out that the great TE is cheaper and has greater impact than a great WR.... so they got rid of Hill..... 2 consecutive SB's with Kelsey being almost unstoppable when it really counted..... and no great receivers.....so defenses could double Kelsey but still could not stop him..... Chargers will only be abvle to afford those top 3 WR's for 4-5 years then we will be forced to let them go.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

interesting that you have him as your favorite player, but dont want to take him at 5?

Bowers and Harrison are the 2 best players in the draft.... both are generational and Bowers might be best TE prospect ever...... he is almost undefendable.... he can run the balkl with power and speed..... can catch anything ..... he can out run all LBers and most secondary plyers and run over those who can catch him..... and hew has high blocking grades, plus a tough as nails attitude, that is contageous to others....

Bowers will be the best TE in NFL immediately or very shortly..... drafting a future best player in NFL at his position is worth any pick....

If a team only thinks he will be an average or above average NFL TE, then of course dont draft him high....... but many believe he will be a dominating diferencemaker.....

again i would love to trade down a few spots and grab him, but he wont drop below jets who have a good group of average NFL TE's....and many teams might trade up to get him..... I could see Reid doing it because he understands how vital a great TE is for a great QB.......

I understand that the top 3 WR's are special.... but great CB's can cover them ands take them away....there are many good WR's who could be great with a great QB....... and this draft is super deep with them and OT's......so we could take Bowers first and add OT and WR later.....

I'm old enough to remember the impact that Winslow and Gates have had to open up great offenses...... a great TE is a QB's best friend..... especially if pass rush has beaten your OL:......and in the red zone where Chargers have really sucked since Gates retired......

money is another thing...... Reid figured out that the great TE is cheaper and has greater impact than a great WR.... so they got rid of Hill..... 2 consecutive SB's with Kelsey being almost unstoppable when it really counted..... and no great receivers.....so defenses could double Kelsey but still could not stop him..... Chargers will only be abvle to afford those top 3 WR's for 4-5 years then we will be forced to let them go.....
                        The reason I wouldn't take him at 5 is because he is not the best player on teh draft board. Granted, if he is truly the best football player, non QB on the draft board, take him. But at 5 - you have to go with top flight talent

Popper does also mention positional value of picking Bowers at 5 - makes sense

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          ...And JJ McCarthy is the best QB in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X