• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

So Dallas isn’t resigning Dak. They aren’t going to resign him mid season according to Ol’ Jer. They are going to let this play out….Same for McCarthy….

Dallas has the 24th pick….
    Getting that 23 could be huuuge….
    Cause if a team wants to move up or back up to get Pennix or Nix….

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I was adament about CB 2 years ago. As you remember it was Trent McDuffie... that was before the cash give-away that became JCJ.
      Even with the injured/rehabbing JCJ on the roster... I was adament about Joey Porter Jr. last year. I was told that JCJ's stationary biking trek through the wilds of the Chargers training room showed how Nutty I was. They went with QJ.

Early on (when we were still projected @#12-15) I was on the Kool-Aid train. I was Nutty for wanting a CB that was so slow. Now we have Jesse Minter... who likes to play zone. Pre-Minter, I was not interested in Sainsristil. Post-Minter... I have evolved.

@#11, I prefer Fuaga. But my 2nd favorite is Brock Bowers @#11. I don't know if that garners me any refuge...
      I liked McDuffie as well but it dont matter if we got both McDuffie and Porter, Staleys defense sucked. Players complained about it, his coaches didnt like it and one LB coach was let go because he called Staleys playcalling dumb when Staley tried t chew him out lol

And you dont need a refuse. We are learning about our new coaches and GM bit by bit. Its why i dont know what we will do, but i have possitions that make sense and a fav for us in Bowers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
        So Dallas isn’t resigning Dak. They aren’t going to resign him mid season according to Ol’ Jer. They are going to let this play out….Same for McCarthy….

Nobody getting Penix at 23. He will be gone. Raiders will likely draft him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

You are correct. Could be in a very enviable position of trading back a few more spots and getting another Day 2

Now, cannot get too cute and just trade back to trade back to trade back

Like, not giving up the 5th pick for a lousy offer just to trade back

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree, although we all seem to have good ideas to draft about 4 or 5 different good players in rounds 3 and 4 lol.

I'm kind of sick of the leftover late round udfa JAG running back shit. Sure - much of it has been OL, but am I the only one that can see a difference on the field between truly good RBs and JAG RBs?

I'd like to see us have a real RB for a change. Its been a long time since we did.

This was TT's late rounders - I'm willing to let Hortiz see what he can do drafting late round RB's . . . . . . . . . many teams have solid contributors as later round (or UDFA) backs . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

lots of talk today that Vegas is about to sign Tannehill
              So then it’s Nix…
              Or is he gone too?

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

agree... there are many teams that could be looking for a QB...and teams know that next years QB draft will suck.... MIN, Raiders, DEN, Dallas, NYJ, NYG, SEA, .... and maybe others....

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree... there are many teams that could be looking for a QB...and teams know that next years QB draft will suck.... MIN, Raiders, DEN, Dallas, NYJ, NYG, SEA, .... and maybe others....
                  And this can only help the Chargers…
                  The pro days for Maye and Pennix really help shove these QBs up.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

This was TT's late rounders - I'm willing to let Hortiz see what he can do drafting late round RB's . . . . . . . . . many teams have solid contributors as later round (or UDFA) backs . . . . . . . . . .
                    he might be drafting a RB in 3-5 rounds..... and im sure he will do a better job than TT

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                      Was just thinking about Joey Bosa! He gave up 7 million dollars to stay on the Chargers when everyone was down on him!

Give him a ton of credit, he wanted to be on a Harbaugh coached team in Minter's system and work towards redemption with Ben Herbert! Hope he comes out and has another probowl season!
                      I'll give him some credit, but I think his real motivation to taking the paycut was his ability to be free next year . . . . . . . . . . and he (or most likely his agent) KNEW he'd get nothing close to his current salary on the free market this year had he been cut . . . . . . even with the 2024 reduction. I see it as a smart move by LAC and a smart move by Bosa's team . . . . . . .

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he might be drafting a RB in 3-5 rounds..... and im sure he will do a better job than TT
                        I really like Kimani Vidal….
                        And I don’t even know if he makes it out of the 4th…

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I liked McDuffie as well but it dont matter if we got both McDuffie and Porter, Staleys defense sucked. Players complained about it, his coaches didnt like it and one LB coach was let go because he called Staleys playcalling dumb when Staley tried t chew him out lol

And you dont need a refuse. We are learning about our new coaches and GM bit by bit. Its why i dont know what we will do, but i have possitions that make sense and a fav for us in Bowers.
                          If we had McDuffie or Porter Jr. on this roster right now... it would make a difference in my thinking currently. We would also have an extra $21m in cap room for 2024. I doubt KA would have been asked to cough up what was due. All of that is water under the bridge now. We go with what we have now. We don't have Staley's frustrating pass defense schemes now. But we must acknowledge Greg Roman's offensive philosophy and Jesse Minter's defensive philosophies.

To be honest, my draft philosophy has more to do with defense than offense... and that focus is consistent with my philosophy for the last 2 years running. Certainly we should be better at defending the pass... through mere defensive scheme and coaching. But neither Ja'Sir nor Leonard inspire me. CB must still be on the radar. Sainsristil must be a 3rd round consideration for Minter. Picking up Perryman was a savvy move... but we know his limitations in the pass defense. Their interest in Edgerrin Cooper tells me they understand those limitations as well. Minter relied on the disruption from his DT's last year. Tito and Poona are nice depth. I like Morgan Fox... but he doesn't seem to fit the Minter mold. With that in mind, I gotta think DT is a high priority, too.

When I talk about RT @#11, LB @#23, DT @#37, and CB @#69... it has less to do with my personal desires... and much more to do with the coaching staff's desires. Every off-season move by this current GM/HC influences my evaluation of needs vs players. If they value Bowers over Fuaga... I'm fine with that. It tells me they envision Plumpkins in a way that I've missed. If they value Fuaga over Bowers, then you'll have to concede they have more confidence in Hurst than you do... or that they see value in TE later.

One more month to find out.

Comment

Working...
                          X